Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,549,368
  • Total Topics: 106,172
  • Online Today: 659
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 04:05:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Saturday Night Pop Quiz LIVE!

Started by DrGreggles, October 31, 2020, 04:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janie Jones

My performance attained little beyond mid table mediocrity but I thoroughly enjoyed that Dr Greggles, a thoughtful and entertaining quiz. Too many clever Scots for my liking ;-) but otherwise a grand evening. Thank you.

Yeah, thanks all. Was fun. Special thanks to Dr Greggles for his amazing big quiz compilation skills.

To celebrate, I thought I should share this clip, where the poetic beauty of the Inverness accent can be enjoyed in full, uttering the most beautiful saying, 'that's nae a baunk machine, it's a fence'.

https://youtu.be/0wU5NsOpdx0

Jockice

Quote from: Janie Jones on November 07, 2020, 11:47:21 PM
My performance attained little beyond mid table mediocrity but I thoroughly enjoyed that Dr Greggles, a thoughtful and entertaining quiz. Too many clever Scots for my liking ;-) but otherwise a grand evening. Thank you.

Take it from me Janie, I know very little else about any other subject. i just wanted to prove I actually exist as I've never taken part in any other CaB thing before. Enjoyed it though. And lovely to actually see that some of you actually exist as well. Soz for buggering off from the Zoom thing so soon but I really did need a dump.

DrGreggles

Glad everyone enjoyed it.
Might try to do another one in a couple of weeks.

Jockice

I woke up with Go by Moby in my head this morning. So I played the video on youtube and he's not bald at all. I demand a recount.

DrGreggles

He's very bald indeed by society's standards, but a hairy motherfucker by CaB's.

Jockice

DrGreggles

Fuck it, I'll do another one this week.

#InternationalBreak

shiftwork2

Excellent.  Just wanted to record thanks in the thread for what was a fuck-ton of work.  It was a great evening.

DrGreggles

Well, I've got at least 12 other quizworths of rounds I've already made.
Might as well get some mileage out of them.

Janie Jones

Are you running a quiz tomorrow (Saturday) Dr Greggles?

DrGreggles

I will if there's enough interest.

shiftwork2

DrGreggles

DrGreggles

jobotic

Can't do this tonight, virtual drink with siblings but would be another time. I'd be dreadful.

DrGreggles

DrGreggles

Jockice

That was fun again. Thanks Greg. I'm slipping down the rankings though (especially after my great start) so I'd better start reading up for the next event. See you there.

Janie Jones

My ringers turned out to be a grave disappointment, the shower of shites, but they said it was the best music quiz they'd ever done. Thank you Dr Greggles , keep us informed about the next one

Jockice

PS, here's what I thought the one that everybody got wrong in the 80s round was. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1wFuG4nlwU
Although I thought it was actually by this lot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H8QbQ0NRAk

I'd forgotten how much rockabilly there was around at the start of that decade. Thanks for the reminder Greg.

DrGreggles

QuoteSaturday 8pm: Man Utd v West Brom

Let's quiz!

Jockice

Ooh, I'm not sure I can do this one. Who's going to battle for that crucial second place if I'm not there?

shiftwork2

Yeah I'd be up for it again.  What do you usually consider a minimum number of players Dr G?  I'd say a case of the more the merrier.

DrGreggles

I wouldn't be averse to another quiz, assuming there are enough people.

DrGreggles

We'll have a count tomorrow.
Just finished one - fucking exhausting somehow!