Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:54:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Best (i.e. funniest) MST3K episodes

Started by The Mollusk, November 01, 2020, 05:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: famethrowa on November 03, 2020, 12:20:49 PM
Don't forget the evergreen Mr B. Natural. Just bizarre all around, from that strange era when trumpet making was a worldwide mega-industry, and the school band was king.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAKentKiGOY

On the shorts note, one of my favourite episodes of any kind was the one they did for the MST CD ROM, which never materialised, for a corporate short titled Assignment: Venezuala, containing Tom's now legendary line "weeeeeell, if it isn't Mister Big Lake".  It was never shown on TV, but luckily someone posted it online - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJY2S_brQbQ

colacentral

It was a special feature on the Volume VII DVDs too.

Attila

Quote from: colacentral on November 03, 2020, 11:04:39 AM
I tend to like the most painfully boring films:

Anything with musical numbers for me. Girl in Gold Boots, Mixed up Zombies -- I tend to gravitate towards them. Love the host segment where Mike listens to the repetitive dance number. The way my brain works, I'd be happy listening to that for hours as well.

jofo

err.. fuckin'  2nd page and no mention of Hobgoblins!

put me down for another Sunday morning acolyte on the sci-fi channel watching this as a kid with a cup of teA  and a stAck of warm buttery toast.

I prefer the films that are fairly well made with some production value, but are just absolute trash...  which is why I love the likes of PUMAMAN or over Drawn at the Memory Bank.

the image of Raul Julia standing like the vesian man shouting " I HAVE INTERFACED!" spinning round like soemthing of the start of The Day Today has got tears rolling down my face.

"Starcash" was a worth while from the Netflix series for silimer reasons. Poor Christopher plummer.

Quote from: jofo on November 03, 2020, 09:26:14 PM
err.. fuckin'  2nd page and no mention of Hobgoblins!

Fuck, can't believe I forgot it! That's another top 3/top 5 for me.

Phil_A

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on November 03, 2020, 11:30:34 PM
Fuck, can't believe I forgot it! That's another top 3/top 5 for me.

"Ladies and Gentlemen...Flatbutt!"

Quote from: Phil_A on November 04, 2020, 12:35:13 AM
"Ladies and Gentlemen...Flatbutt!"

"They made love in a Chevy van, and that's not alright with me."

This YouTube user has uploaded most or all of the 1991 MST3K Thanksgiving marathon with the original commercials. Brilliant. Loving the deranged 1991 ads. They actually are very useful to the viewing experience as a periodic change of pace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj9-uY4GhIY

famethrowa

I happened across this episode of The Avengers, and watching the intro with the speccy Elvis Costello-looking bloke running away from the evil nanny (1:30), the MST3K voices popped into my head ... "wow... he really didn't want to go to Chelsea"; "He's last year's model!" etc etc. Sadly my riffing skills couldn't get me further.

Sorry for the link, dailymotion sucks:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6rswu8

And the faces in the cast! Clive Dunn, Paul Eddington, Mildred, Mr Lucas and more...

colacentral

I watched The Beginning of the End last night, an episode I'd always thought of as middling and forgettable, but fuck me it's a good one. I think I dismissed it before as just a bog standard 50's sci-fi with an unremarkable premise, but the riffing is top notch and the film would be entertainingly daft even without it. It would probably make a top 20 or 30 for me now.

Chriddof

Quote from: jofo on November 03, 2020, 09:26:14 PM
the image of Raul Julia standing like the vesian man shouting " I HAVE INTERFACED!" spinning round like soemthing of the start of The Day Today has got tears rolling down my face.

"I love you this muuuuuuuuuuch"
"I don't care for yoooooooooou"

Famous Mortimer

Might as well share it here - Frank Conniff and Trace Beaulieu are doing a live riffing of "Santa Claus Vs. The Devil" (the same movie they did on MST3K as "Santa Claus") on December 15th. It'll be on in the middle of the night for British people, but if you buy it you'll get access to it, including the ability to download, for 24 hours afterwards.

LINK HERE

The Screaming Skull is a lost classic (or was lost to me at least). The movie is not extraordinary, but some top notch riffing throughout.

Kankurette

Either The Girl in Gold Boots or Space Mutiny.