Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:38:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Depp Comes home drunk, he beats his wife, hes a Yankee.....

Started by Tony Tony Tony, November 02, 2020, 10:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dead-ced-dead

The second Fantastic Beasts movie took a huge dive from the first film's profits ($654m WW down from $814m WW) and that was before all of the toxicity surrounding Depp or Rowling came to light. And even with the dip, the reputation for the second film was, "Cor, what a load of old shit that was," down from the first's, "Yeah, that was alright."

Is there really any chance the third movie won't be an absolute bomb, or does it not matter how slim the movie's profit margins are so long as it drives people to the theme parks where they buy $30/£20 wands and other Harry Potter related tat?

idunnosomename

Made a shitload in China and they dont care about any of that and will watch any old shit judging by what does well there

phantom_power

Quote from: Urinal Cake on November 06, 2020, 06:57:29 PM
So Depp is dropped from 'Fantastic Beasts' with his supporters going 'But Heard is still in Aquaman 2 it's the same!'

Punishment enough

El Unicornio, mang

He's apparently still getting the $20 million for the one day he worked on the film. Which was nice.

Urinal Cake

This is what happens when your audience is made up of children and adults living in nostalgia.

Mister Six

Mads Mikkelsen taking over Depp's role, which is something of a step up, acting-wise. Nice for him to get a Hollywood role with more than five lines, I guess?

magval

Is the character a baddie? I read an interview with Mads recently where he mentioned his international roles tend to be as villains but when he's acting in his own language that's less often the case.

Sorry, CAB, fewer often the case.

Noodle Lizard

Mads is one of the best actors currently working, and the character was already made-up to look a bit like his Bond villain, anyway so it's a natural casting choice.

I wish he'd get some more substantial work outside of Europe, though, perhaps in TV. He was far and away the best part of Hannibal, but it's a pretty tacky show when all's said and done.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on November 11, 2020, 09:12:34 AM
Mads is one of the best actors currently working, and the character was already made-up to look a bit like his Bond villain, anyway so it's a natural casting choice.

I wish he'd get some more substantial work outside of Europe, though, perhaps in TV. He was far and away the best part of Hannibal, but it's a pretty tacky show when all's said and done.

That's the fate of middle-aged European actors. In American films they're just hired to snarl and be evil and European.

If you haven't, check out Arctic, a decent survival film with Mads in a mostly silent role.

Small Man Big Horse

I thought Hannibal was amazing, deliciously strange and odd tv that had a beautifully dark sense of humour about itself.

chveik

I wish he'd get some more substantial work outside of Europe, though, perhaps in TV.

I don't. have you seen the state of TV drama these days?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on November 11, 2020, 09:39:27 AM
That's the fate of middle-aged European actors. In American films they're just hired to snarl and be evil and European.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBtHXC-JOX8

idunnosomename

the depp cult going a bit mental this morning. just see for yourself

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23BoycottWarnerBrothers&src=trend_click&vertical=trends

I'm not really sure I understand the intersection of TERFs, mens rights, Harry Potter fans over this dude. not to mention those terrible pirates films.