Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,186
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 767
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:11:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A Portrait of Donald J. Trump: A surrealist phantasmagoric odyssey by Vic Berger

Started by Retinend, November 04, 2020, 11:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retinend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZKkUyrklpc

Was previously posted by QDRPHNC in a Tim Heidecker related thread but I'm posting it now for those not in the Heidecker fandom.  The film is an impressionistic collage of stock footage of Trump, that says a lot by comparing his patterns of speech across the years. My favourite part is where we get to learn how the small people ("please, sir!") appear to Trump: at once pathetic and tyrannous. It's a brilliant, hilarious masterwork of pure editing and you will never listen to the word "billions" the same way again. Enjoy!

Retinend

pearls before swine! 😉

Is no one else into this? It makes me think it might be like watching "Into The Void" (which I haven't). Very trippy.

Blumf

Always loved Vic Berger's take on Trump. From the air horn to that stretched tape of Overall Winner

This makes a nice retrospective, but I think it looses some of the punch the shorter videos had. Compare the Jon Voight award ceremony, with the cut down version used in the Portrait video. Much more going on in the original than we get in the compilation, you just don't get that density.

Dex Sawash

SteveDave

Fuckinell. We're currently in the Billions section. I don't believe it'll ever end.