Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:37:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong Doubles Round 4: L’escargot vs A Touch of Ploff

Started by The Mollusk, November 05, 2020, 04:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

To dissect the frog, it was a load of random shit, but it tied in the general beige-ness of our bold new world of Starmer and Biden, the hoovering of Biden, the Irish Kamala tangent, the leg breaking, and the cat anus. I saw it as an homage to the game, with some zeitgeist in the form of the Four Seasons, the vested man, and Nazi Tom.

Truth be told I didn't have a strong single concept for the shot so went with a more is more approach. And, incidentally, if you'd have said it was a load of random unrelated shit during the voting I wouldn't have thought it was dickish - it's a photoshop pastiche of Wimbledon, for fuck's sake.

The Mollusk

Outside of Poirots' dismay with this result I am just too burnt out by this whole year and my life in general to mind at all. Plus I thought it was a good game and the other team deserved the win. I'm sure the added detail about the PM to make an Irish joke was less brash than how it was jokingly presented but ... blah I dunno I can't even be arsed to finish this post. As I said, good game.

touchingcloth

Oh yeah, way less brash, I'm just amusing myself an inordinate amount by being in character as a football lads yob, as if anyone would be arsed enough about photoshop tennis to sledge their opponents and break their legs. I might turn my attention to SM next, cos the referee's a dick head.

Spoon of Ploff

I'd like to apologize to L'escargot, and especially Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse. Singling out someone's nationality as a means of attack, even as a bit of PM bantz is not on really.

And with this coming after my shot from the last round, which was something I'd never come within a mile of producing during a normal WimbleWrong, I'm going to withdraw from the doubles tournament. Somethings not right.

Sorry touchingcloth. Hopefully you can find a replacement.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on November 14, 2020, 11:18:47 AM
I'd like to apologize to L'escargot, and especially Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse. Singling out someone's nationality as a means of attack, even as a bit of PM bantz is not on really.
Thank you.

selectivememory

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on November 14, 2020, 11:18:47 AM
And with this coming after my shot from the last round, which was something I'd never come within a mile of producing during a normal WimbleWrong, I'm going to withdraw from the doubles tournament.

Sorry if I made you feel bad about that shot. For whatever reason, I just found it grossed me out, but it was more of a visceral reaction than anything rational. It was definitely in the spirit of Wimblewrong and plenty of other shots have gone way further than that, and I do think it probably won you that match overall anyway, in spite of my grumbling.

Sorry you're dropping out. If anyone else wants to step in, including Poirot or Mollusk if they fancy it, please let me know. We have a little more time before the next round gets going, and there are other options if we can't find a replacement, but hopefully someone will want to play.

touchingcloth

Can we say that L'escargot take the win from this round? And apologies from me for a joke gone very wrong, firstly to Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, and also to Spoon of Ploff who shares no blame for my dick headery.

Score is 10-4. 10 people thought you were the better team.

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 14, 2020, 12:25:29 PM
And apologies from me for a joke gone very wrong, firstly to Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, and also to Spoon of Ploff who shares no blame for my dick headery.
Thank you.

touchingcloth

For a shot which was basically CaB bingo with no strong theme. I'm not proud, I've spoiled things for my team mate, you guys are the worthy winners.

The Mollusk

Blimey, just after having a sudden fit of emotion telling my partner how much 2020 has chipped away at me and having a cry, I see these comments. This year has had a fucking unfathomably weird effect on us all in so many different ways. We're all quite clearly feeling more fragile or tense or unhinged than usual (and that certainly isn't an attempt to discount Poirots' feeling of discrimination by lumping it in with a bunch of other feelings of general malaise and fatigue, I hope that's abundantly clear).

I love this forum and I love this tournament but this is one of the things that right now I just don't feel is right for me. I can't explain why, y head is just in a weird pace right now. Sometimes if you've got a lot going on in your personal life or just your mental state then you need to step back from a couple of things to free up some space and breathe. I've enjoyed taking part in this doubles tournament but I don't really feel like I wish to proceed with it either, as part of another team or accepting a victory here (which I don't think is right). I hope it's possible for the tournament to continue and I think cloth and Ploff should continue if they feel up to it.

Much love to you all.

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 14, 2020, 12:35:38 PM
For a shot which was basically CaB bingo with no strong theme.
Look, leave aside everything from the end of the last page and the start of this page - people obviously like CaB bingo. They probably liked President Cobweb too. It's a nice gesture but I don't want to be handed a win when the game wasn't even close.

I appreciate you reaching out to me in PM and both of you for apologising in thread. I hope you can continue either as a team or with a new partner.

selectivememory

Yeah, we'll let the result stand. As far as the rest of the tournament goes, if we can't find a replacement for the next match, there are a couple of options that I have in mind that I'll get into later.

touchingcloth

Thanks to the Escargot for being so charitable, but I think there's only so far that blame can be laid with the collective madness of 2020.

I think I'd be happy to play on, or to cede my place to a solo Sploff if he wanted, or to any other player. Basically whatever is least work for SM. And if anyone wants to break my legs I will take my broken fibula with good grace.

selectivememory

Yeah, if you want to play on, that would be the simplest thing. I think if no one wants to step up to replace S'Ploff in this round, you could play both shots, and then should you qualify for the final, hopefully someone from one of the eliminated teams can step in to play that match with you.