Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:04:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Top of the Pops on BBC Four - Thread Three

Started by daf, November 05, 2020, 08:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

non capisco

Quote from: Gulftastic on April 08, 2021, 03:51:04 PM
We have probable confirmation that the repeats will continue into 1991.

Paul Johnson
@nightowlr80
·
22h
The Top Of The Pops Christmas Day edition will be shown on 23rd April .
I expect Top Of The Pops The Story Of 1991 to follow shortly after.
It looks like the repeats will continue into 1992 with The Story Of 1992 already been commissioned.

I know the terrible Autumn 1991 revamp should be the cutoff point where I stop watching these but, really, who am I kidding? Plus there might be some good mileage on here taking the piss out of some of the ropey live vocal performances that new format resulted in.

I think there will be a lot of mileage in the mid-90s.

Norton Canes

I've been purposefully holding off watching any post-'91 revamp studio performances on YouTube for a while now, because I want the shock value of it all happening in real time (okay twice a week). Musically the early 90's are a really fruitful period so hopefully no reason to stop watching on account of a massive quality drop. The oncoming glut of boy bands and the hoary old Britpop standards will be a test, though. On the plus side we're about to enter the era of the house anthem!

Schedules wise I think the repeats usually go on hiatus for the World Snooker, don't they?

Norton Canes

I tell you what else they go on hiatus for - the death of royal racist cunts. No Pops tonight.

Norton Canes

Fuckers. Was going to suggest a YT watchalong but the 6th December edition (second one scheduled to be broadcast tonight) doesn't appear to be there.

edon

The late night repeat slot for TOTP on Sunday at 1am still seems to be scheduled - only time will tell if that gets pulled too

Norton Canes

According to the BBC Four schedules, the two episodes are still due to be 're-shown' at 01:00 and 01:30 on Sunday morning. Why not just put the fucking things on the iPlayer straight away tonight?

[edit: sorry, edon]

Norton Canes

Is it possible they'll stick them on the iPlayer tonight, at the originally intended times? Hope springs eternal.

edon

Just checked the TOTP Mega folder that's been shared around, and both episodes are in there thanks to someone's dodgy old tapes. Salvation.

29/11/1990

06/12/1990

Norton Canes

Ah, nice. Grabbed those, thanks. Not gonna let some odious cadaver spoil my Pops night (no, I don't mean Gary Davies)

Icehaven

"Programmes on BBC Four have been suspended" Are they taking the fucking piss? Did the old cunt hate Pet Shop Boys or something? Ffs.

daf

Fair enough - the nation is in mourning, after all! #R.I.P.WallytheDrummer

Icehaven

Quote from: edon on April 09, 2021, 06:18:01 PM
Just checked the TOTP Mega folder that's been shared around, and both episodes are in there thanks to someone's dodgy old tapes. Salvation.

29/11/1990

06/12/1990

You're ace, cheers. That's my evening saved.

Edit: this is almost better as it's pauseable and we can skip any further Jive Bunny incidents.

Icehaven

Icehaven

I bet this was the one and only time MC Hammer was ever called "One of America's premier rappers".

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: icehaven on April 09, 2021, 07:12:03 PM
You're ace, cheers. That's my evening saved.

Edit: this is almost better as it's pauseable and we can skip any further Jive Bunny incidents.

What you going to do next Friday when they show both these episodes that they've delayed from today?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: icehaven on April 09, 2021, 07:59:30 PM
I bet this was the one and only time MC Hammer was ever called "One of America's premier rappers".

It still amazes me that he got signed to Death Row (ran by gangster Suge Knight), making him labelmates with Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg etc.

Mr Banlon

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 09, 2021, 08:20:28 PM
It still amazes me that he got signed to Death Row (ran by gangster Suge Knight), making him labelmates with Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg etc.
Redman on MC Hammer : https://youtu.be/0fyqEYQQW2U?t=325

daf

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on April 09, 2021, 08:09:15 PM
What you going to do next Friday when they show both these episodes that they've delayed from today?

Could be wrong, but I think it's likely the two skipped episodes will only get shown at the currently scheduled 1-2 a.m. Saturday Night / Sunday morning slot : https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00704hg/broadcasts/upcoming

Norton Canes

Gave up on the downloads, bit glitchy. Sunday catch-up for me.

Pauline Walnuts

I haz confusion, nothing to see here. I accidentally clicked on the first page of this thread and I was responding to those flybois throwing shade at my man Pete Shelley.

late to the party here - at least put them on iPlayer Beeb!

Sebastian Cobb

The annoying thing is the catch-up stuff is probably either well-automated or set up ahead of time so it likely required manual intervention to stop them being available.

Chicory

I shall be observing a pop fast for our sweet dead prince for this very reason.

Norton Canes

They are actually holding them over, aren't they. They've cancelled the early morning Sunday showings.

Icehaven

Watch them again! Pops4life.

Seedsy

It's utter shite, during these covid times, me and my mate love getting boozy, watching and discussing these episodes on WhatsApp while they air. And then on our little jaunts on a Saturday morning to clear our fuzzy Friday night heads
Fucking Phil the Greek. What an absolute cunt.

daf

Quote from: Norton Canes on April 10, 2021, 03:58:00 PM
They are actually holding them over, aren't they.

Yes - confirmation here that friday's cancelled shows will now be shown this friday (16th).

Norton Canes

From TV Cream: "Unfortunately because of the snooker and Young Musician we won't be getting the Christmas one next week, but it'll follow soon no doubt"

And why should we be so keen to see the Christmas edition? Because it only includes the return of
Spoiler alert
CYPHER GRAPHICS
[close]