Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:57:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections 2020 IV: The Two Gentlemen of Corona

Started by Ferris, November 05, 2020, 11:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popcorn

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 19, 2020, 09:05:47 PM
Keep in mind guys that Giuliani is already on record as saying he doesn't give a fucking shit. None of this, the jibes about hair dye or Total Landscaping mean a thing. He could be perched on the corpse of the last white harpooned Rhino (and in a way, he is) for all he cares. Grift, grift, grift, grift. These people are so detached and surrounded with enough people that make them feel good enough to not slit their wrists, it's easy money.

Are you saying that none of the posts in this thread are going to affect him at all?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It is sweet AF that the main line of attack from the alt-right is about LAWYERS and how evil LAWYERS are yet now Trump is entirely reliant on them, or at least continues to think he is because none of the bad lawyers he is left with have the guts to square with him that it's all over. Still, I suppose they continue to run down the profession, which the alt-right will like.

Bernice

Quote from: Cuellar on November 19, 2020, 08:27:11 PM
It's really reminding me of a scene from some comedy thing. It might be Martin Crane at Niles's party, but it feels like it's an English thing...

I'm also getting this. A sitcom character getting increasingly flustered as dye or make up streaks down a sweaty face.

jobotic

Chavez, Soros, Cuba, antifa. All get a name check.

Is this not a call to arms?

imitationleather

Quote from: Bernice on November 19, 2020, 09:24:42 PM
I'm also getting this. A sitcom character getting increasingly flustered as dye or make up streaks down a sweaty face.

It was a running joke in Time Gentlemen Please, if that helps.

pigamus

What about all this shit in Detroit, is anything going to come of it

steve98

Quote from: pigamus on November 19, 2020, 09:33:20 PM

Wayne county? Fuck knows.

Cuellar

Quote from: imitationleather on November 19, 2020, 09:27:46 PM
It was a running joke in Time Gentlemen Please, if that helps.

No, imitationleather, that's wrong.

It's going to drive me mad. Maybe I am just thinking of Frasier

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Dog Botherer on November 19, 2020, 08:38:03 PM
Giuliani removes hat.  A single large fish slides out and falls despondently to the floor. Giuliani loudly and obviously shits himself.
Thanks a lot, this is the good chair.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Cuellar on November 19, 2020, 09:47:36 PM

Edit: Nevermind

Menu

Quote from: ajsmith2 on November 19, 2020, 03:02:14 PM
This on the surface typically Obama-slagging Garrison is interesting for what it actually admits.. Trump was 'a passing anomaly' who 'tried to ruin my legacy'.. signs of acceptance?

The funniest thing about that is that Garrison, for some reason, thinks the Daily Telegraph is some proto-Communist, pro-muslim evil media behemoth. WHY THE FUCK DOES HE THINK THAT?

jobotic

Ferris

Quote from: Cuellar on November 19, 2020, 09:47:36 PM

It's old isn't it? I seem to remember audience laughter and grainy 16mm film. Maybe even a bowler hat and/or cheery '70s jumper.

Ferris

imitationleather

Quote from: Menu on November 19, 2020, 10:04:32 PM
The funniest thing about that is that Garrison, for some reason, thinks the Daily Telegraph is some proto-Communist, pro-muslim evil media behemoth. WHY THE FUCK DOES HE THINK THAT?

Confusingly, it's also the logo of The New York Times and that's what he's referencing.

jobotic

What's the eye symbol to the left of the NYT one? Looks like half of the the old Crossroads-era ATV logo. Perhaps Benny was in the woke Illuminati.

Menu

Quote from: imitationleather on November 19, 2020, 10:07:44 PM
Confusingly, it's also the logo of The New York Times and that's what he's referencing.

Phew! I thought he was going mental.

Menu

Quote from: Small Potatoes on November 19, 2020, 10:13:26 PM
What's the eye symbol to the left of the NYT one? Looks like half of the the old Crossroads-era ATV logo. Perhaps Benny was in the woke Illuminati.

CBS. Home to the CBS Saturday night Crap-a-rama!

In the early 90s.

honeychile

Quote from: Cuellar on November 19, 2020, 08:27:11 PM
It's really reminding me of a scene from some comedy thing. It might be Martin Crane at Niles's party, but it feels like it's an English thing...

Victor Meldrew unwittingly scrawling blue biro ink all over his temple?

Cuellar

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on November 19, 2020, 10:06:24 PM
It's old isn't it? I seem to remember audience laughter and grainy 16mm film. Maybe even a bowler hat and/or cheery '70s jumper.

Yes, I think it is old.

kngen

Quote from: pigamus on November 19, 2020, 09:33:20 PM

I'm probably overthinking it, but I have a nagging feeling of dread that all the shit with Giuliani is trying to distract from exactly these kind of machinations (which constitutional types were shouting about months ago). I'm feeling a little less confident that we've seen the back of the cunt than I was a few days ago.

Urinal Cake

I imagine after Trump's white hair, Trump sent out a memo for everybody to get into the hair dye.

Menu

Quote from: kngen on November 19, 2020, 10:29:01 PM
I'm probably overthinking it, but I have a nagging feeling of dread that all the shit with Giuliani is trying to distract from exactly these kind of machinations (which constitutional types were shouting about months ago). I'm feeling a little less confident that we've seen the back of the cunt than I was a few days ago.

That's strange because I've gone the other way on it. I'm increasingly less worried than I was because no fucker(apart from us) is paying attention to these grifters anymore, and the military establishment have made it quite clear there will be no TrumpTantrum war. 

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Menu on November 19, 2020, 10:04:32 PM

Because he's part of the American right. They're beyond deluded and probably all wish that an all out war had erupted with the Soviet Union that was still ongoing in some sort of steampunk distopia where they go around bravely shooting Commie mechs and super soldiers with their freedom lasers or something.

Ferris

Well that, and he's referring to the NY Times which has a very similar (the same?) logo.

What type of nerd wouldn't be up for a mech laser battle? I'd be first in line at the mech garage. "Mech me up lads!" I'd say, before terrorizing upstate New York.

Tacit admission that Obama's "sense of decency" is fucking enormous. The size of the moon!