Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:17:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections 2020 IV: The Two Gentlemen of Corona

Started by Ferris, November 05, 2020, 11:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve98

pcsjwgm

Another recount in Georgia. Can he request a recount ad infinitum if the margin stays below 0.5% every time? Maybe he'll try to do that, then the election officials will actually distort the count, making the margin larger 0.5%, so the prick will stop bothering them, and that will prove there really was fraud. 4-D chess.

Georgia will recount its votes following Trump campaign request

Georgia is set to recount its presidential election votes after the Trump campaign filed a request on Saturday. Trump is entitled to request a recount due to the fact that Joe Biden's victory in the state was by less than a 0.5% margin. Georgia state officials certified the results on Friday after conducting a hand recount, which Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger said "upheld and reaffirmed the original outcome." The second recount will be conducted by machine and the cost will be covered by taxpayers.
https://twitter.com/i/events/1330392110206316544

Fambo Number Mive

I'm sure the taxpayers of Georgia will be delighted at paying to keep Trump's grift going. Not sure how much a machine recount costs or what the taxpayers would be paying for.

2026: Georgia's 155th and final recount is agreed as the state prepares to discover whether it will be in the Democratic States of America or MAGA Land. It has refused to follow Vermont and become part of Canada or declare it is its own country like California. MAGA Land President for life Trump has agreed to accept the results of this recount in return for President Harris of the Democratic States of America letting MAGA Land double the size of its wall.

DrGreggles

Quote from: pcsjwgm on November 22, 2020, 01:11:31 PM
Another recount in Georgia. Can he request a recount ad infinitum if the margin stays below 0.5% every time?

He can request as many recounts as he wants, but they're not obliged to do them - unless there's a sizeable change from the original count.
The 8th December result will stand regardless.

pigamus

He's asking the courts to overturn EVERYTHING. I mean in 2000 all they did was uphold the Florida result, rightly or wrongly.

Ferris

Quote from: pigamus on November 22, 2020, 08:18:48 AM
If the recount isn't finished on time the original result stands I think

But then you can start saying the governor shouldn't certify because the recount isn't complete, oh I guess the state legislature should pick electors, then you can start pressuring state reps directly and through the media.

It is utterly shameless, but if it works in one state (or even gets close to working), it'll vindicate trump to keep going forever. It'll also happen every future election that republicans lose.

JamesTC

ajsmith2

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 22, 2020, 02:27:11 PM
Imagine if he won but then he died.

Fucking awful scenario. I don't want him to die. Instantly matyred as Jesus meets JFK 2. I want him to live for at least another 50 years fading further and further into irrelevance.

Fambo Number Mive

Biden asking people to donate to his transition: https://twitter.com/joebiden/status/1329878933043515392

I'm not quite show what the money would be used for, or how much is needed.

pigamus

chveik

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 22, 2020, 04:37:09 PM
I'm not quite show what the money would be used for, or how much is needed.

another grift

Fambo Number Mive

It feels like US politics is slowly turning into a political Onlyfans.

idunnosomename

I wanted to post this splendid simon hedges reply to Biden yday but the forum went down so i had to go outside.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Orwell_Fan/status/1330111495993249795

Quote from: JamesTC on November 22, 2020, 02:31:53 PM
Imagine if he died but then he won

Imagine if he transformed into a fly, and Sleepy Joe had to chase him around the Oval Office with a rolled up newspaper.

Urinal Cake

Rudy Giuliani says Sidney Powell the other loony lawyer is not part of the Trump Legal Team. Just a rogue MAGA starting lawsuits, apparently.

Cuellar

I thought the MAGA lot were wanking hard over Sidney Powell - a giant of the legal world, if she says she has evidence of something you better believe she does!!!

C_Larence

She said yesterday that the 2016 DNC primary was rigged and that Bernie knew but was paid off for his silence.

Sonny_Jim

I watched about half of the 'Rudys melting' press conference and it really did sound like Sidney was shitting her pants.

I think she just realised there was no way out and her distinguished career was about to be blemished.

Urinal Cake

Trump is just trying to lose him some losers. Guiliani will be the next to go. Maybe we'll see Tiffany step up next.

idunnosomename

Barron Trump is going all Mike Teavee since his falling asleep on camera fame

Ferris

Quote from: Urinal Cake on November 22, 2020, 10:41:11 PM
Rudy Giuliani says Sidney Powell the other loony lawyer is not part of the Trump Legal Team. Just a rogue MAGA starting lawsuits, apparently.

Thought this was a joke, I should stop being surprised by how bizarrely this bush league grift operation runs.

Quote"Sidney Powell is practicing law on her own," the statement said. "She is not a member of the Trump legal team. She is also not a lawyer for the president in his personal capacity."

Imagine trying to defend that stance. "There was a lot of people doing a lot of law at our press conferences - I can't be expected to keep track!"

Urinal Cake

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 23, 2020, 01:14:35 AM
Barron Trump is going all Mike Teavee since his falling asleep on camera fame
Much like Mike Teavee, Barron has a future in basketball.

Sonny_Jim

Surely this 'X is totally our guy, until X is past their usefulness to us, then we never heard the name X' is doing more damage in the long run?  Are Trump supporters really that blinkered to not see what's going on here?

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on November 23, 2020, 03:38:57 AM
Are Trump supporters really that blinkered to not see what's going on here?

A rhetorical question, I presume

Sonny_Jim

Quite.  I've seen people compare it to the deliberate misspellings you'll find in Nigerian Prince e-mails.  Weed out the intelligent ones, because they won't believe the lies.

Mr Farenheit

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on November 23, 2020, 03:38:57 AM
Surely this 'X is totally our guy, until X is past their usefulness to us, then we never heard the name X' is doing more damage in the long run?  Are Trump supporters really that blinkered to not see what's going on here?
Its been going on the whole time with people like Tillerson, 'mad dog' mattis, john Kelly, john Bolton and loads more.
The writing was on the wall for a lot of them for months though, they seem to be picking up the pace now!