Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:46:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections 2020 IV: The Two Gentlemen of Corona

Started by Ferris, November 05, 2020, 11:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberon

Michigan has certified their election results. The two democrats on the board and one republican voted to certify while another abstained. Also Pennsylvania's Supreme Court rejected Trump's appeal to block certain absentee ballots.

Mister Six

Quote from: Urinal Cake on November 23, 2020, 09:38:57 PM
Isn't Cubism decadent post-modern, liberal and left-wing art? But I guess having cowboys as the subject matter cancels all that out.

Cubism is modernist, so just made the cutoff point before art became Bad.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Are there any working class BAME classical liberals?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

idunnosomename

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 23, 2020, 11:26:54 PM
What is he transitioning into?

annoying cunt -> hasbeen cunt

haha hes RTing Franklin Graham now. thats right, pray you sad fuck

Urinal Cake

He's been playing this game for a while. Basically give his base a show, but acting like he's on his way out. I guess now he wants to implicitly concede so things don't get too crazy and ruin a Trump 2024 run or media project.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Well. There you go. All very unceremonious really.

Was looking forward to democracy manifesting

idunnosomename

Cecil Edwards is funnier than Trump will ever be. his comic turn will be treasured forever. Trump will be considered four years of unfunny shit

steve98

not a single Democratic Paedo-Cannibal arrested, not one, grrrrrrr :( Poor show Mr president.

Ferris

Quote from: steve98 on November 24, 2020, 01:13:51 AM
not a single Democratic Paedo-Cannibal arrested, not one, grrrrrrr :( Poor show Mr president.

To be fair he only had 4 years.

Gulftastic

Poor Donnie. He never did get his military parade. He loved pretending to drive trucks. Imagine how excited he would have been to get in a tank.

steve98

And he would have loved to nuke somebody (still time of course), but all he got was to drop the (so called) Mother Of All Bombs (a damp squib) on some middle of nowhere shithole, that no-one gave a fuck about.

Fambo Number Mive

Relative to other recent US Presidents, one of the few criticisms of Trump that surely isn't applicable is 'warmonger'.  The odds of the US dropping bombs somewhere has exponentially increased with Biden's win.

He likes pretending he's 'tough', and using the language of militarism without actually following through; he still hasn't worked out that not blowing the living fuck out of other places is actually one for the positive column.

Cuellar

The US has been killing plenty of civilians under Trump, don't worry.

Jittlebags

He also got that Iranian general killed. If that's not an act of war I don't know what is.

I'm under no illusions as to what the man is or what he's done - but if we're comparing to previous recent presidents rather than what most of us would consider reasonable, then he's got less blood on his hands in the shooting / bombing stakes than his predecessors.

He's done well to catch up by doing nothing re COVID, but I don't think that should impact the batting average.

ajsmith2

He's killed more Americans than foreigners, surely that makes him the least patriotic president in living memory?

Thomas

Quote from: TheBrownBottle on November 24, 2020, 10:17:17 AM
I'm under no illusions as to what the man is or what he's done - but if we're comparing to previous recent presidents rather than what most of us would consider reasonable, then he's got less blood on his hands in the shooting / bombing stakes than his predecessors.

My understanding is that drone strikes have increased with each president, and last year Trump revoked a rule about the CIA reporting the number of strikes.

Quote from: ajsmith2 on November 24, 2020, 10:20:47 AM
He's killed more Americans than foreigners, surely that makes him the least patriotic president in living memory?

America First in action

Fambo Number Mive

I suppose most other recent presidents have had twice the amount of time Trump had. Who knows whether Trump might have started a war if he had had a second series.

He's still got a couple of months to have a crack.  I suppose we can't rule one out yet.

Ferris

QuoteDonald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
What does GSA being allowed to preliminarily work with the Dems have to do with continuing to pursue our various cases on what will go down as the most corrupt election in American political history? We are moving full speed ahead. Will never concede to fake ballots & "Dominion".

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1331086969183621120

He might genuinely not understand what allowing the GSA to issue a letter of ascertainment means. Wonder if someone told him to do it but "its meaningless, don't worry".

DrGreggles

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on November 24, 2020, 11:28:31 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1331086969183621120

He might genuinely not understand what allowing the GSA to issue a letter of ascertainment means. Wonder if someone told him to do it but "its meaningless, don't worry".

"Keep those donations coming in"