Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:13:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections 2020 IV: The Two Gentlemen of Corona

Started by Ferris, November 05, 2020, 11:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigamus

From what the GSA woman said it sounds like she was going to do this anyway, she just gave him a few weeks' grace. Dunno how much power over them he actually has.

evilcommiedictator

Quote from: TheBrownBottle on November 24, 2020, 09:38:38 AM
Relative to other recent US Presidents, one of the few criticisms of Trump that surely isn't applicable is 'warmonger'. 
As everyone else has pointed out, he's signed away the presidential veto on CIA operations, almost started a war with Iran, allowed the fundamentals in Turkey to kill USA's allies, withdrew from fighting Al Qaeda, and sent special forces into Africa and droned the fuck out of central Africa and Yemen, so it's business as usual really

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Is a major war more likely now following Trump's Presidency and, if so, is that because of his actions and those of his administration?

The only fair answer is Yes, and yes it it is. I'd be interested to read anyone trying to claim otherwise.

Trump did everyone a favour by accidentally revealing through his tyrannical alpha male and transactional nature that the US war machine is money centred and morally out of control. Unfortunately he is the last person on Earth who the people who need to absorb that information and who we need on our side will listen to.

Ferris

Quote from: pigamus on November 24, 2020, 11:47:43 AM
From what the GSA woman said it sounds like she was going to do this anyway, she just gave him a few weeks' grace. Dunno how much power over them he actually has.

Well it the last 4 years have taught us anything, it's that he has absolutely no problem with strong-arming federal employees and firing anyone who questions him. If that's your reputation, you get to a point where you don't need to do much to apply pressure to a career bureaucrat.

I reckon she was informally told not to do this initially, then informally given the green light over the weekend.

pigamus

I think he could have fired her, but could he find a patsy to take her place? It's gone beyond that stage now and he knows it. Doesn't stop him lying his head off though.

Cuellar

Didn't Congress tell her that she had to appear before them on the 23rd and explain why she was delaying it, and since she obviously wouldn't have been able to give a reason she just wrote the letter.

Ferris

Quote from: pigamus on November 24, 2020, 11:56:27 AM
I think he could have fired her, but could he find a patsy to take her place? It's gone beyond that stage now and he knows it. Doesn't stop him lying his head off though.

Yeah but the whole administration has been a revolving door of craven grifters and patsies who'll do what he says because it's a spring board for them. If she didn't play ball, she would absolutely get the sack. It's only been a week since he sacked Krebs via tweet for exactly this level of petty bullshit and it made headlines for about 45 minutes. He'd do it again if he felt like it. Bloke's a cunt.

pcsjwgm

Quote from: TheBrownBottle on November 24, 2020, 09:38:38 AM
Relative to other recent US Presidents, one of the few criticisms of Trump that surely isn't applicable is 'warmonger'.  The odds of the US dropping bombs somewhere has exponentially increased with Biden's win.

He likes pretending he's 'tough', and using the language of militarism without actually following through; he still hasn't worked out that not blowing the living fuck out of other places is actually one for the positive column.

Quote from: pcsjwgm on October 31, 2020, 02:44:44 AM
Trump administration's foreign policy (involving psychopathic cunts like Mike Pompeo and Elliott Abrams) has included:
- Intensifying the US-Saudi war on Yemen to "combat Iranian influence"
- Bombing and occupying Afghanistan, Iraq, and Syria
- Increasing drone strikes
- Supporting right-wing coups against progressive governments in Venezuela, Nicaragua, and Bolivia
- Illegally assassinating Iran's top military commander
- Tearing up the Iran nuclear deal to pursue a more hawkish policy towards Iran
- Sanctioning food and medicine going into Iran
- Moving the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jersualem and recognising Israel's "sovereignty" over the illegally occupied Golan Heights
- Facilitating bogus "peace plans" between autocratic Arab regimes and Israel, thereby bolstering Israel's colonial enterprise
- Starting a new Cold War against Russia and especially China
- etc.

Also Cuba.

Ferris

Quote from: Cuellar on November 24, 2020, 11:57:44 AM
Didn't Congress tell her that she had to appear before them on the 23rd and explain why she was delaying it, and since she obviously wouldn't have been able to give a reason she just wrote the letter.

Oh yeah I'd forgotten this actually. Revise my opinion to "exec branch still applying pressure but not enough to override her fear of lying to congress, trump pretends to be allowing the GSA to go ahead without really understanding what it means"

Quote from: pcsjwgm on November 24, 2020, 12:00:59 PM
Also Cuba.

Oh, I'm aware of all of them.  I was only talking relative to previous presidents.  I'm not arguing he isn't a murdering bastard, along with many other sins.

I'd also suggest none of those listed are 'new'.  They're inherited problems which he's handled as terribly as would be expected

studpuppet

Oof, Trump now just repeatedly retweeting some really, genuinely bizarre stuff from wired-to-the-moon binlid Randy Quaid. He's getting desperate now.

Ferris

Quote from: Small Potatoes on November 24, 2020, 01:40:14 PM
Oof, Trump now just repeatedly retweeting some really, genuinely bizarre stuff from wired-to-the-moon binlid Randy Quaid. He's getting desperate now.

PHEW, it's not one of the good Quaids.

Worth a read: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Quaid#Legal_issues

AsparagusTrevor

But Dennis Quaid is alright, yes? I couldn't bear Jaws 3 being ruined for me.

steve98

Quote from: Small Potatoes on November 24, 2020, 01:40:14 PM
Randy Quaid.

There should be a law that any "Randy"s entering the UK have to change their name; "Randy", go fuck yourself. It's just sheer ignorance. Don't say O they don't know what they're doing, to them it's just a name.
I used to have a "Randy" Yank Landlord, and he loved the discomfort his name caused in Glasgow.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: steve98 on November 24, 2020, 03:45:30 PM
There should be a law that any "Randy"s entering the UK have to change their name; "Randy", go fuck yourself. It's just sheer ignorance. Don't say O they don't know what they're doing, to them it's just a name.
I used to have a "Randy" Yank Landlord, and he loved the discomfort his name caused in Glasgow.

mother in law wanted us to name our kid "Rowdy".

Replies From View

*silhouettes of Biden and Trump pissing, with Biden's piss forming a right-angle as it nears his cock*

Dog Botherer

Quote from: Replies From View on November 24, 2020, 04:00:30 PM
*silhouettes of Biden and Trump pissing, with Biden's piss forming a right-angle as it nears his cock*

this is only the third most disturbing Biden fan fiction i've seen in the last 24 hours up your game lad

studpuppet

Quote from: steve98 on November 24, 2020, 03:45:30 PM

There's a Vice President of a religious publisher in the States called Randy Bishop...

Democratic slug: "What is wrong with Trump supporters? It's like they're in a cult."

Democratic slug: "Tony Blinken? Yassss, Papi! A brilliant mind. I wish he was my best friend."

Ferris

jobotic

Didn't Judge Dredd live in Rowdy Yates block? Who's he?

Randy Mamola had a great save in Moto GP (although it wasn't called that then).

Dog Botherer

Quote from: jobotic on November 24, 2020, 05:24:30 PM

Clint Eastwood's character from Rawhide

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: jobotic on November 24, 2020, 05:24:30 PM

Rowdy Yates? He was the character played by a young Clint Eastwood in the TV show Rawhide.

EDIT: What DB said.

Gulftastic

QDRPHNC