Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:59:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections 2020 IV: The Two Gentlemen of Corona

Started by Ferris, November 05, 2020, 11:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaDanketies

Quote from: Paul Calf on November 26, 2020, 10:51:47 AMThat crack pipe is hilarious. It looks like a crack pipe but he's smoking it like a meerschaum.

If I was made for life cos of my dad's successful career, I would smoke a crack pipe like a meerschaum too. 

DrGreggles

Quote from: JamesTC on November 26, 2020, 10:14:02 AM
Fucking hell, somebody has reincarnated Bruce Forsyth as a car.

"How would that car sound though, Eddie?"
"Well, Syd...

[Eddie punches Syd's mum in the tits]

Shoulders?-Stomach!

'Many', the cloaked language of someone who doesn't possess substantial evidence.

buttgammon

Has Giuliani lost it or was he always like this? I know New Yorkers who never liked him and note that the way he was lionised after September 11th allowed people outside the city to gloss over some of his failings, but surely somebody with that temperament couldn't have managed to carry in on politics for so long without badly burning himself?

He also managed to take on the mafia as DA, so he must have had at least some legal nous at one point.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Isn't part of the problem is that he is being asked to do impossible things and that virtually any solicitor would look foolish filing cases where there is so little basis? Not all of them would look as ridiculous or be happy pushing the grift and the propaganda as he has, but we shouldn't put the quality of his work purely down to his diminished legal mind, when the fact is that no solicitor could ever dream of bringing it up to scratch.

kngen

Giuliani pulled another fraud-dozy yesterday. Big press conference in Pennsylvania, that Trump was due to attend, to announce that there was a massive disparity in mail-in ballots sent out (1.8 million) and received (2.6 million). (The other 800,000 or so were obviously magicked out of nowhere and brought to the vote count in a big truck marked Sleepy Joe's Big Vote Fraud Delivery Service - this is not actually that far from what they genuinely believe).

... except Rudy's figure of 1.8 million ballots actually came from the Democratic primaries. He (or his assistants) had looked the wrong bit of the website, and immediately leapt on it as the smoking gun they'd been hoping for. Weirdly enough, Trump didn't turn up to the conference, and instead literally phoned in a message of support. Now the people of TheDonald and r/conservative are wondering if Rudy might not be the 12D chess grandmaster they'd hoped, and maybe Trump should have kept Sidney Powell on instead. Desperate times for the MAGA cult.

buttgammon

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 26, 2020, 01:14:47 PM
Isn't part of the problem is that he is being asked to do impossible things and that virtually any solicitor would look foolish filing cases where there is so little basis? Not all of them would look as ridiculous or be happy pushing the grift and the propaganda as he has, but we shouldn't put the quality of his work purely down to his diminished legal mind, when the fact is that no solicitor could ever dream of bringing it up to scratch.

Of course not, the cases are so frivolous that they have no chance of success at all, but he's grossly embarrassed himself by involving himself in this crap. I'd like to think most people would've walked away by this point, even if they were close to Trump.

steve98

Why hasn't Trump sacked him yet? He must look at his performances and cringe; he must know it makes him look like a clown by association havin' him as his lawyer (and "Elite Legal Task Force" Leader ffs).

Dayraven

Giuliani hasn't been an attorney in court since 1992. Good way to be severely out of practice even if you were as mentally sharp as ever.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: buttgammon on November 26, 2020, 01:01:35 PM
Has Giuliani lost it or was he always like this? I know New Yorkers who never liked him and note that the way he was lionised after September 11th allowed people outside the city to gloss over some of his failings, but surely somebody with that temperament couldn't have managed to carry in on politics for so long without badly burning himself?

He also managed to take on the mafia as DA, so he must have had at least some legal nous at one point.

recommended listening on Giuliani.

https://soundcloud.com/citationsneeded/news-brief-its-not-a-fall-from-grace-this-has-always-been-who-giuliani-was

Ferris

Quote from: steve98 on November 26, 2020, 01:42:54 PM
Why hasn't Trump sacked him yet? He must look at his performances and cringe; he must know it makes him look like a clown by association havin' him as his lawyer (and "Elite Legal Task Force" Leader ffs).

I doubt there are alternative lawyers queuing up to file this nonsense if he gives Rudy the chop.

buttgammon

Quote from: Dog Botherer on November 26, 2020, 02:54:57 PM
recommended listening on Giuliani.

https://soundcloud.com/citationsneeded/news-brief-its-not-a-fall-from-grace-this-has-always-been-who-giuliani-was

Thanks, I'll listen to that. My curiosity was piqued by a New Yorker I know who has an extensive knowledge of the city's political history and who pointed out that he wasn't surprised by recent events, as he's always considered Giuliani to be a prick.

Norton Canes

I'm not satisfied with this. If the Joemobile is so broke down, how come it managed to cross the finish line first? Explanation lacking.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Norton Canes on November 26, 2020, 03:09:12 PM
I'm not satisfied with this. If the Joemobile is so broke down, how come it managed to cross the finish line first? Explanation lacking.
Presumably fired up from the fumes from his lad's crack pipe. Not even the Mighty Donald can beat a man raging off his tits from hitting the rock for hours on end.

Cuellar

Because they jammed the chequered flag into his bumper, so he'd always be first. So presumably he didn't even need to start his car. In fact, if he DID need to start his car then he'll never reach the chequered flag, it will be forever just out of reach, no matter how fast he goes.

So sad.

An tSaoi

Is the white stain on the bonnet meant to be Bill Clinton's famous spunk on the blue dress? Because it's the Democrats, you see.

Bleeding Kansas

I'm surprised that the Number on the Trump Car isn't 88 as well.

kngen

More on the Kraken lawsuits here: https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/sidney-powell-mocked-scorned-ridiculed-and-more-over-clumsy-rambling-typo-filled-kraken-lawsuits/

It's quite staggeringly inept, but the MAGAs are lapping it up. Presumably Powell is going all in to grift as much as she can get her hands on before she gets disbarred.

Famous Mortimer

So, we're just going to share every Ben Garrison sketch, multiple times, until the heat death of the universe? "Boiling water still hot", says person who sticks their hand in it for the hundredth time.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: buttgammon on November 26, 2020, 01:31:03 PM
Of course not, the cases are so frivolous that they have no chance of success at all, but he's grossly embarrassed himself by involving himself in this crap. I'd like to think most people would've walked away by this point, even if they were close to Trump.

Giuliani is on record as stating he doesn't care how ridiculous he is made to look. And when you see how well Trump did by behaving without shame you can see why slime like him try and follow suit. He's a fully signed up MAGA warrior, shameless, an incompetent ailing Terminator returning to the scene to ramraid the building in his motability scooter.

Moving on from your post to a wider discussion, when people cynically claim America will be the same either way whether it is Biden or Trump it is not true. The normalising of individual moral debauchery is not a constant and its something that has been helped to flourish under Trump who is after all, the role model of it. The lowering of individual personal morals in the last 5 or 6 years is a poison Obama never inflicted (although he is at fault for allowing this to come to pass) and the development of post-truth is a matter of national psychological trauma.

Removing cancer doesn't guarantee you will have a great life, but it does mean the cancer is gone, and attention can be paid to the other important day to day battles.

JamesTC

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on November 26, 2020, 05:28:40 PM
So, we're just going to share every Ben Garrison sketch, multiple times, until the heat death of the universe? "Boiling water still hot", says person who sticks their hand in it for the hundredth time.

Ahh come on, it is just a bit of fun. If we can't laugh at an American loon drawing Bruce Forsyth reincarnated as a broken down car being driven by the president-elect's son while being chased by a racecar wearing a wig then what can we laugh at?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I find it mildly diverting, though it is tiresome having to paw over every single creation, I have made my peace with the fact people want to do that. Ideally it should have a separate thread because loads of people seem into it.

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=22447.120

Alberon

It's not every image. I haven't seen the insane anti-vaxxer ones reposted, just the insane Trump ones.

ajsmith2

He's insanely prolific, only about half of his stuff (if even that) ends up on here.

Garrison haters can take solace in the mildly likely possibility that as Trump fades from prominence, so too will the relevance of posting Ben's work in threads like these.

Alberon

Can't resist.

Here's another Garrison one where the labelling has gone even more ridiculously over the top.

Even Brant would be embarrassed by that.

evilcommiedictator

Ah yes, Biden famous for issuing memos. Luckily "Turkey Joe" also has Joe Biden's head, in case it wasn't obvious