Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:23:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections 2020 IV: The Two Gentlemen of Corona

Started by Ferris, November 05, 2020, 11:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirhenry

non capisco

Fambo Number Mive

Doesn't Voight's video breech Twitter's terms of service in some way? He appears to be trying to incite a civil war, at least in California.

Might you Twitter is happy for accounts to tweet covidiot anti-science nonsense that puts lives at risk, so maybe they just don't care.

Zetetic

Looks like they're finally going to take assault rifles away from poor people!

Sonny_Jim

I've been slowly turning myself insane reading the various court documents.  This one is was linked to with the following text:
QuoteHere ya go
@kylegriffin1
. It's the PA judge's opinion on the lawsuit she ruled in favor of....you know, the massive fraud lawsuit that Atty Sid Powell filed & won. Refer to my tweet above

This is the document they are talkinh about.  One thing to note is that the word 'fraud' does not appear in it.  The TL;DR is that when they implemented mail-in voting, they didn't perform the correct steps to make sure it was constitutional.  So the judge is saying 'we'll wait temporarily until we can see what the fuck is going on.

Theres zero mention of rigged machines, secret ballots etc.  This all hinges on whether the state implemented mail-ins properly and it affects both the Democrats and Republicans 'equally', which is one reason why the judge didn't immediately toss it out.

Of course, the Trumpers think it's the coming of the kraken, but really the best they can get out of this is that this year's mail-in ballots are invalid and get tossed.

I'm going all a little bit Tweek-from-South-Park about it now.  It's this mindset of 'heres the evidence' and not even fucking reading it to see if it actually says what you think it says.  Arrrrggghh.

steve98

Apparently there's already been 2 ballots this year (primaries I think) where the public used the new mail-in voting system in Pa. The Repubs had no problem with the system or how it was implemented then (because they won); no mention of it being "unconstitutional", till now.

Urinal Cake

The important thing is Trump doesn't really believe it- I think. He's wrapping things up militarily (he would've had to given the okay for Israel to assassinate the scientist) and domestically. I mean sure if there was a Supreme Court  judgement or riot that could let him stay another 4 years he'd be happy to indulge it. But the Courts seem pretty apprehensive so far and MAGA/QAnon are pretty fucking lazy.

steve98

From Twitter. Made me smile  (it seems plausible: he didn't cheat enough)

"Trump may be unable to believe he lost because, in fact, he rigged the election. But maybe he miscalculated with only 10 million extra votes. So he now thinks he was out-cheated. In fact, Dems outvoted him and he wasn't ready for it. Rudy is fool, period!"

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: steve98 on November 29, 2020, 05:45:21 AM
Apparently there's already been 2 ballots this year (primaries I think) where the public used the new mail-in voting system in Pa. The Repubs had no problem with the system or how it was implemented then (because they won); no mention of it being "unconstitutional", till now.
Yeah it just got tossed from the Pennsyvania Supreme Court for those reasons.  From what i understand of it, pretty much everyone agrees that the procedure they followed to bring the mail-in ballots wasn't done properly, but no one is saying to scrub the votes and there's absolutely nothing about rigged machines/voter fraud/All the crap that gets posted on twitter.

Really interested to see how the typo-laden 'Kraken' one does as that one looks batshit fucking crazy.  So far the judges have been pretty strict about having people bullshit their court, looking forward to a bit of popcorn time.

EDIT:  This made me lol:
At this point, it'd be simpler, cheaper and only marginally less dignified if Trump just sat at his tiny desk and punched himself in the dick for an hour.

Chedney Honks

https://twitter.com/ryanobles/status/1332705037181722624?s=19

Ronna McDaniel is in Georgia, doing some GOP Meet and Greet to drum up votes for the January runoff election.

She's repeatedly interrupted and heckled by Trump detritus about voting machine fraud and similar allegations.

She straight bats it away, we haven't seen any evidence of that...but err, make sure you keep working hard for us, y'all. We need your vote!

Some piece of Wendy's flotsam pipes up, why should we vote when it's already been decided?

Ronna's one mental cog starts whirring, desperate to grip onto any stray tooth where none is found, she attains an infinitesimal flicker of insight amid the lukewarm embers of her humanity...what have we done...what have we done...

Ronna reboots to a rictus grin.

"President Trump would want you to vote."

Tear her apart, boys.

Fambo Number Mive

Times claims Biden is considering Cindy McCain for UK ambassador.

The UK "satirists" will be delighted as they can make jokes about oven chips.

steve98

Her people will steer her clear of any oven-chip encounters (These people aren't daft)

JamesTC

Trump:
QuoteThis election was over and then they did dumps. They call them dumps. Big massive dumps in Michigan, in Pennsylvania and all over.

Fambo Number Mive

Trump has tweeted four clips of his phone interview with Fox News, during which he claimed he came up with the vaccines.

Aren't many of his base anti-vaxxers? Shouldn't they now be against Trump for this?

George Oscar Bluth II

Wisconsin recount results in Biden's margin increasing by 87 votes. $3m of Trump donor money spent. Love to see it.

Dog Botherer

meanwhile Giuliani et al are pocketing 20k a day for a performance that does a disservice to the word ludicrous. almost as if they don't give any semblance of a fuck and they know none of this matters.

Alberon

I dunno if Giuliani is on anything like 20K. I think he said his help was worth that but it's never been clear if the mad bastard is getting a penny.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: Alberon on November 29, 2020, 08:50:49 PM
I dunno if Giuliani is on anything like 20K. I think he said his help was worth that but it's never been clear if the mad bastard is getting a penny.

i don't think these lads do much for nothing, mental or not.

Sin Agog

Not entirely true.  Rudes will give the occasional Sacha Baron Cohen movie a lot of free promotion.

Dog Botherer

Biden twists ankle playing with his dog. Presumed dead.

Urinal Cake

If he gets a wheelchair he can be the nest FDR. Also a President that likes ramps.

rjd2

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 29, 2020, 01:56:17 PM
Times claims Biden is considering Cindy McCain for UK ambassador.

Its utter desolation all round. I fully expect that Brooklyn Dad and Horse Whisperer twitter accounts to land prominent positions in the cabinet the way things are going.

https://twitter.com/KThomasDC/status/1333157221421772803

Dog Botherer

it's okay guys we're gonna push biden left and hold him accountable and protest and and andandandand

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Dog Botherer on November 29, 2020, 08:44:29 PM
meanwhile Giuliani et al are pocketing 20k a day for a performance that does a disservice to the word ludicrous. almost as if they don't give any semblance of a fuck and they know none of this matters.

It's surely the culmination of the American (Ideal) Dream. Capitalism at its sweatiest best.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Dog Botherer on November 30, 2020, 12:48:56 AM
it's okay guys we're gonna push biden left and hold him accountable and protest and and andandandand

Well that was most certainly a Blodwyn's Razor. I'm pretty sure most on here don't believe it. I would hope, at least. "Gotta stay in the party to have a say".

BlodwynPig

QuoteThe emails also provide crucial context for understanding CAP's controversial decision to host an event next week for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. That event, billed by CAP as "A Conversation with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu," will feature CAP President Neera Tanden and Netanyahu together in a Q&A session as they explore "ways to strengthen the partnership between Israel and the United States."

https://theintercept.com/2015/11/05/leaked-emails-from-pro-clinton-group-reveal-censorship-of-staff-on-israel-aipac-pandering-warped-militarism/

druss

After hearing snippets of Trump's interview and sources saying he kept muttering "I won, I won, I won", I'm starting to think this isn't just a grift and he lacks the cognitive capacity to accept that he lost. Beautiful.

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: druss on November 30, 2020, 08:22:09 AM
he lacks the cognitive capacity to accept that he lost. Beautiful.
Maybe.  I subscribe to the opinion that he understands full well that he lost and needs to grift as *hard* as possible before all his debts start to get called, because he's no longer Mr President.