Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:10:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections 2020 IV: The Two Gentlemen of Corona

Started by Ferris, November 05, 2020, 11:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urinal Cake

I think there's a few things going on. Trump wants to repeal section 230 which is bad new for tech companies. His team are probably scared that Twitter, Facebook etc are going to ban him for this threat, fake news etc. YouTube through Google probably doesn't care since there's too many government contracts at stake etc.
The other factor is that they're missing a huge broadcast wing with Fox being ruled too left-wing. OAN, Newsmax etc are far too small and niche to get new followers. But link a YouTube video and it can go viral.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on November 05, 2020, 11:45:05 PM
Polls that almost surely handed him the 2016 election and made the 2020 election close by convincing millions of people that there was no need for them to go debase themselves by voting for Clinton/Biden.

Lost cause = Biggest turnout in 100 years.

Well yes, now everyone should see debauchery and self-hatred is not the reserve of liberals.

phantom_power

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on December 03, 2020, 03:39:20 AM
"...and live from New York, it's Saturday Night!"

https://twitter.com/MarisaKabas/status/1334315220815278080

A bit too much dutch courage. I like that she accused the REPUBLICAN senator of doing something "crazy" with the documentation.

The Ombudsman

Quote from: Keebleman on December 02, 2020, 11:49:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=720O_yBLrTs

Just posted this evening.  Is it real?  It looks like he's standing in front of a green screen.

Putting it on the telly you can clearly see it's a green screen. Assume he isn't at the WH.

Ferris

Quote from: Dex Sawash on December 03, 2020, 03:17:27 AM
I've got it rolling in the background. Without listening closely he sounds a lot more like a normal person than he usually does. Definitely a bot.

I'll disagree with you on that - I had to check it wasn't a deepfake.

Cuellar

I've skipped to the end and he's really shouting. Even the acoustics sound wrong. Strange.

MojoJojo

Quote from: Cuellar on December 03, 2020, 11:30:39 AM
I've skipped to the end and he's really shouting. Even the acoustics sound wrong. Strange.

I think he wants to do another rally, but this is the best he can do now.

MojoJojo

Has Trump complained the election was unfair because he had less voters than the other side yet?

jobotic

He says he's doing this for his 74 million voters.

Well that's the official amount isn't it?

Petey Pate

At some point in that 45 min desperate last resort, he actually says "I don't mind losing an election".

Mr Farenheit

Quote from: Keebleman on December 02, 2020, 11:49:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=720O_yBLrTs

Just posted this evening.  Is it real?  It looks like he's standing in front of a green screen.

Isn't that room rammed with christmas trees now? As someone else said the acoustics sound weird as well. Like he's outside.

As for the speech itself, he's basically turning into Noel Edmonds now.

Keebleman

New York Times is now covering it.  Apparently it was recorded last week!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/02/us/politics/trump-election-video.html

I still don't understand why other outlets are ignoring it.  I know that 'Trump makes unsubstantiated claims of fraud' is not a new thing, but the leader of a country calling into question that country's electoral process should be newsworthy no matter how many times he does it.   Once Jan 20th has past, then ignoring these speeches would be wise but, for now, he is still President.  It does rather give some credence to his supporters' claims of the media conspiring against their boy.

ajsmith2

Hasn't he been calling the country's electoral process into question via Twitter since the weekend after the election though? (In fact since before as well to cover his back for the outcome that eventually did transpire). Just cos he's put an 'official' button on it with a 45 minute video doesn't make his  ongoing claims any more novel or newsworthy. It's a month old story being reheated with no added spice and it's getting very boring to non devotees.

Paul Calf

If we're becoming jaded towards the idea of the president of the United States attacking the democratic process of his own country, we really do have far bigger problems than Trump.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: ajsmith2 on December 03, 2020, 01:51:42 PM

Those aren't swamp-coloured glasses, those are glasses with pictures of a swamp on the lenses.

Cold Meat Platter

JamesTC

If only Biden hadn't of written "BALLOT FRAUD" on all of his fraudulent ballots then he would have gotten away with it.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: JamesTC on December 03, 2020, 03:03:46 PM
If only Biden hadn't of written "BALLOT FRAUD" on all of his fraudulent ballots then he would have gotten away with it.

If only Kamala hadn't had "BALLOT FRAUD" tattooed on her arse etc...

falafel

stop giving him a platform
this is newsworthy why is the media ignoring it
it just boosts his profile and lends his claims false credibility
we need the world to see him for the fool he is

Cuellar

I can completely understand the media ignoring it. It's just the same shit he and his team have been saying for weeks now, but 45 MINUTES long. It was already getting boring reading the same things over and over again, 45 MINUTES of whinging is incredibly boring.

Fambo Number Mive

I watched some of it. At one point he holds a graph up to the camera, but you can't see what is written on the graph. Does he actually show any "evidence" at any other point, or is the rest of it just his silly claims?

It's worrying what influence his claims will have on people though. I hope he shuts up by mid January, but I can't imagine it.

Cuellar

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 03, 2020, 04:36:40 PM
I watched some of it. At one point he holds a graph up to the camera, but you can't see what is written on the graph. Does he actually show any "evidence" at any other point, or is the rest of it just his silly claims?

It's worrying what influence his claims will have on people though. I hope he shuts up by mid January, but I can't imagine it.

Hahaha I'd missed that bit (around 15:20 if anyone wants to see it).

"A dump of 149,772...votes...came in...unexpectedly. We were winning by a lot. That batch...was...received...

in horror. Nobody knows anything about it. By the way - there's your line - this is one of many, here's what is normal."

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on December 03, 2020, 03:39:20 AM
"...and live from New York, it's Saturday Night!"

https://twitter.com/MarisaKabas/status/1334315220815278080

Poor Steven Johnson. Thinking to himself: "Is this really what I signed up for? I just wanted to be part of an elitist, racist, homophobic political party with massive corporate mickey up my proverbial backside. I didn't sign up for dealing with the testimony of drunken loonies."

Quote from: ajsmith2 on December 03, 2020, 08:18:22 AM
He (as we all know of course) has a massive, extremely fanatical base and this is on what appears to be his own channel and so will mostly have been initially seen by his subscribers and within his fanbase echo chambers. As noted above it's not been covered much by the MSM because he is an irrelevant outgoing hasbeen/demonic MSM forces are terrified to cover the truth that God's instrument speaks (take your pick) so in that context the hugely pro Trump ratio makes sense.

I notice this Donald J Trump YouTube channel only appears (unless I'm looking at it wrong on my phone) to have existed since just before the election and has since shat out oceans of click bait content at a rate that would be competitive with that of a 16 year old unboxing video influencer. Seems likely he intends to transition to being the biggest YouTube grifter on the planet during his declining wilderness years/exile before his glorious 2024 returh and indeed it makes me strongly suspect that the channel was set up largely with the intention of being an escape vessel to continue to speak to his base online at length if he lost. Why didn't he have an official YouTube channel before then? Cos of course he didn't need one as the world covered his every fart and grunt (sometimes literally).

This still doesn't seem like a plausible explanation for such an unbalanced ratio. Millions of people have seen it, not just Trump diehards. Probably something boring like YouTube not being able to process too many downvotes at once.

ajsmith2

I don't agree and still stand by my original point. There are millions of Trump die hards, and this video is being received as A Very Important Moment for them, the rest of the world (to say the least) less so. It's the same old crap he's been saying forever and I don't see why it would interest a non fanatic, particularly now he looks likely to be dropping out of power and relevance within 8 weeks unless he has some unplayed ace card.

I see the ratio on this video as a symptom/early sign of Trump beginning to transition from a global centre stage figure that everyone is forced to think about whether they want to or not to a cult leader type existing in his own safely hermetically sealed reality. David Icke doesn't get terrible ratios on his videos because nearly everyone watching is either a devotee or at least regards him affectionately. Everyone else doesn't care to waste their time or doesn't even know about him in the first place. Same deal. Now I could well be wrong but that's the impression I'm strongly getting from this.