Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:35:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections 2020 IV: The Two Gentlemen of Corona

Started by Ferris, November 05, 2020, 11:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Calf

I get the impression that if I punched Trump in the face, my fist would just sink into it, like punching a marshmallow or a really soft pillow.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Menu on December 07, 2020, 12:07:17 PM
I'm just passing on a method that's worked for me

Worked for you how? Curing the sick or soothing your own worries in troubling times using repeated words?

checkoutgirl

Quote from: ajsmith2 on December 07, 2020, 02:02:41 PM
Still, Biden was chosen by Democrat elitists.
—Ben Garrison[/b]

Credit where credit be need be, I agree with that one sentence. Even a stopped clock. Biden was picked by the Dems against the will of the majority of Democrat voters.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: ajsmith2 on December 07, 2020, 02:02:41 PM
No computers. No mail-in ballots. Have paper ballots filled out by qualified voters in person.
—Ben Garrison

And using pencils, none of these commie pens that are corrupt. And send the results by Pony Express, more trustworthy.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: checkoutgirl on December 07, 2020, 03:41:22 PM
And using pencils, none of these commie pens that are corrupt. And send the results by Pony Express, more trustworthy.
No, no, no! "They" can easily erase your vote with a pencil and change it to one for Joe the Nonce. You have to mark your x with your own blood, it's the only way to stop the Deep State.

Fambo Number Mive

We should start a new thread for the US Elections - well, it's more Trump's refusal to concede and Biden soon to take over than the election itself now.

jobotic

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on December 07, 2020, 03:44:29 PM
No, no, no! "They" can easily erase your vote with a pencil and change it to one for Joe the Nonce. You have to mark your x with your own blood, it's the only way to stop the Deep State.

And give them your blood sample? You may as well take Gates & Soros' vaccine.

bgmnts

Quote from: Paul Calf on December 07, 2020, 03:07:16 PM
I get the impression that if I punched Trump in the face, my fist would just sink into it, like punching a marshmallow or a really soft pillow.

You'd probably get syphilis.

Mister Six

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 07, 2020, 03:51:48 PM
We should start a new thread for the US Elections - well, it's more Trump's refusal to concede and Biden soon to take over than the election itself now.

Is "A Trump that won't leave the room" too scatalogical (or just rubbish).

Fambo Number Mive

DrGreggles

Quote from: Mister Six on December 07, 2020, 06:26:04 PM
Is "A Trump that won't leave the room" too scatalogical (or just rubbish).

US Elections 2020 V: Swamp Gas*

*a slang term for a fart that lingers for ages

Menu

Quote from: checkoutgirl on December 07, 2020, 03:30:57 PM
Worked for you how? Curing the sick or soothing your own worries in troubling times using repeated words?

I guess both. Sometimes it's been extraordinary. I don't use repeated words, I just ask Him to intervene in the nicest possible way. And He always has.

I did it once when I was really desperate because my Mum looked like she may have had pancreatic cancer. And it worked. So I stuck with it. I recommend it.

sirhenry

Quote from: Menu on December 07, 2020, 09:43:50 PM
I guess both. Sometimes it's been extraordinary. I don't use repeated words, I just ask Him to intervene in the nicest possible way. And He always has.

I did it once when I was really desperate because my Mum looked like she may have had pancreatic cancer. And it worked. So I stuck with it. I recommend it.
Same here. I asked for an incurable, painless, fast-acting disease as I didn't have the nerve to commit suicide - two months later I had penultimate stage incurable lung cancer. Yay, deity!

A suitable final post for this thread, I feel.

Menu

Quote from: sirhenry on December 07, 2020, 09:48:50 PM
Same here. I asked for an incurable, painless, fast-acting disease as I didn't have the nerve to commit suicide - two months later I had penultimate stage incurable lung cancer. Yay, deity!

A suitable final post for this thread, I feel.

Not sure if you're joking but, if not, I'm really sorry to hear that news. That's awful.

sirhenry

Quote from: Menu on December 07, 2020, 09:54:52 PM
Not sure if you're joking but, if not, I'm really sorry to hear that news. That's awful.
Absolutely true. But, as my avatar text says, one miraculous (for which read ' impressively high-tech') cure and I'm all good these days[nb]other than being ridiculously at risk from covid[/nb]. I love science, me.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Menu on December 07, 2020, 09:43:50 PM

Him? How do you know God Isn't a woman or a hamster or Morph from " Take Hart" , or something?
My deeply religious mum prayed her knees off when my younger sister got bowel cancer. Didn't do much good, I'm afraid.

Menu

Quote from: sirhenry on December 08, 2020, 07:30:23 AM
Absolutely true. But, as my avatar text says, one miraculous (for which read ' impressively high-tech') cure and I'm all good these days[nb]other than being ridiculously at risk from covid[/nb]. I love science, me.

I'm sending you loads of good wishes and solidarity, my friend.

Menu

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on December 08, 2020, 07:54:48 AM
Him? How do you know God Isn't a woman or a hamster or Morph from " Take Hart" , or something?
My deeply religious mum prayed her knees off when my younger sister got bowel cancer. Didn't do much good, I'm afraid.

I don't really have an explanation. Just that it worked for me . Also I haven't done it for anything frivolous or for anyone outside of my family, for fear of s/he thinking I was taking the piss.