Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:10:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Inbred: Sandwiches

Started by Fr.Bigley, November 10, 2020, 01:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fr.Bigley

A homage to the humble sandwich. every guise accepted (except the whitefish and sable). I'll start.

The chicken club: Classic, Classy, and the indicator of a decent hotel.

bgmnts

Jam or chocolate spread sandwich on buttered white bread. Can't be topped.

Working class brilliance.

Chollis

love sandwiches but i couldn't eat a whole one!

El Unicornio, mang

Tuna and mayo with chopped onions and sliced cucumber, on wholewheat, pretty much every night for supper.

Buelligan

JaDanketies

shiftwork2

Dave Lee Travis's brother Barry invented a sandwich

Spoiler alert
egg
[close]

pancreas

Quote from: Buelligan on November 10, 2020, 01:18:23 PM
Be careful when replying.

For completeness.

I don't buy this. OP has made 5 posts, all about sandwiches. I think he's hoping to get juicy lunch stories he can wank over. There are hundreds of more appropriate ways to get support for his diet, in the unlikely event this is real, than post on a comedy forum he hardly uses.

Please think carefully about replying to this thread.

kittens

invented a sandwich pissed and starving at the end of a bbq this summer. dry roasted peanuts and newman's own salad dressing in between two slices of any bread. sopping wet getting peanuts and juice everywhere. everyone said they stank. i had loads. mouth is watering thinking about it now

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

My favourite sandwich is the Earl of Sandwich, inventor of the sandwich.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: pancreas on November 10, 2020, 01:24:37 PM
For completeness.

I don't buy this. OP has made 5 posts, all about sandwiches. I think he's hoping to get juicy lunch stories he can wank over. There are hundreds of more appropriate ways to get support for his diet, in the unlikely event this is real, than post on a comedy forum he hardly uses.

Please think carefully about replying to this thread.

I just love sandwiches a lot. If you have any juicy wank stories about sarnies then that's fine, but I really am only interested in sandwich ideas. And a laugh.

Also, Don't assume my gender.

bgmnts

To be fair, they did eat his chicken.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: JaDanketies on November 10, 2020, 01:23:09 PM
with cheese and gherkin

my gf invented crisp toasties

Crisp and mayo. Perfect balance of texture.

paruses

Cheese and pickle - white bread. Brown bread not acceptable.

JaDanketies

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on November 10, 2020, 01:51:00 PM
Crisp and mayo. Perfect balance of texture.

yeah was gonna edit it to include mayo. Mmm mmm mmm. Salt and vinegar crisps too natch

Sebastian Cobb

Cheese red onion and mayo.

Any 'fancy' sandwich can be beaten by simply eating several of these bad boys instead.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 10, 2020, 02:06:15 PM
Cheese red onion and mayo.

Any 'fancy' sandwich can be beaten by simply eating several of these bad boys instead.

The red onion addition was the revelation for me too.

Mustard in a cheese toastie also god like.

Captain Crunch

Boxing Day Bloater – cold turkey and stuffing with your choice of ham, bacon, sausage or all three.  Serve with extra stuffing and a box of Quality Street for after. 

SpiderChrist

Hummus and marmite with sliced cucumber and tomato, on seeded bread.

Veggie sausage with fried red onions and Daddies Sauce*.

Raw mushroom and cold baked beans.

*clean your mind

Icehaven

Chicken and soft blue cheese with loads of black pepper and, occasionally, cranberry sauce.

magval

Quote from: Dr Trouser on November 10, 2020, 01:19:36 PM
crisp sandwich

What are crisps sandwiches like outside Northern Ireland? We have a slavic and almost mythic devotion to the combination of cheese and onion Tayto and Nutty Krust bread which are products unique to this little isle. Daren't say anything else will suffice for fear of starting a faux-indignant SFC 'argument'.

Sebastian Cobb

Homemade coronation chicken.

Homemade because you then have the option to not ruin it with sultanas.

JaDanketies

Quote from: magval on November 10, 2020, 02:27:07 PM
What are crisps sandwiches like outside Northern Ireland? We have a slavic and almost mythic devotion to the combination of cheese and onion Tayto and Nutty Krust bread which are products unique to this little isle. Daren't say anything else will suffice for fear of starting a faux-indignant SFC 'argument'.

yknow I think the average crisp butty here is just Walkers crisps between two slices of white bread, and margarine. They're drastically improved when you get a little more creative.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: JaDanketies on November 10, 2020, 01:23:09 PM
my gf invented crisp toasties

I invented tipping ready salted crisps into a bowl of Heinz tomato soup.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

A tomato sarnie is my go to lunch. Slice up the tomato, add a sprinkle of salt, maybe some black pepper or sriracha sauce if I'm feeling fancy. Perfect.

I once went to a sandwich shop in Sandwich. It wasn't all that, to be perfectly honest.

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on November 10, 2020, 01:04:38 PM
The chicken club
It's called a drumstick, not a club.

Rizla

I made some sort of felicity cloak guardian bullshit the other day - lil bit of yogurt, spring onion & grated cheddar mashed up, spread on bread plus ham and chutney, buttered on outside and fried both sides til crispy, 8.5/10