Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,491
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:57:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Inbred: Sandwiches

Started by Fr.Bigley, November 10, 2020, 01:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

Chestnut mushrooms, sliced and sautéed in truffle oil. Place in thick sliced white bread, with thinly sliced Red Leicester. Butter outside, then back in the pan on low for the heat to permeate.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 10, 2020, 02:33:42 PM
I invented tipping ready salted crisps into a bowl of Heinz tomato soup.

My missus does that with pickled onion Monster Munch. I have no further comment to make at this time.

Sebastian Cobb

I bought some corned beef the other day. Been ages since I'd had it, but really enjoyed corned beef, wholegrain, gherkins and sauerkraut.

Corned beef and tomato was good too.

Pingers

Onion bhaji and hummus. Cracking. Also +1 to cold stuffing in sandwiches.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 10, 2020, 02:45:57 PM

This is a good one, with a thin layer of Colman's mustard and maybe some crunchy lettuce if I'm feeling adventurous.

Pingers

I bought some corned beef the other day. Been ages since I'd had it

Prime Aberdeen Anus

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Pingers on November 10, 2020, 02:49:35 PM
Onion bhaji and hummus. Cracking. Also +1 to cold stuffing in sandwiches.

Oh fuck yes.

Also, for the carnivores among us - smoked bacon and lime pickle.

Fr.Bigley

I bought some corned beef the other day. Been ages since I'd had it, but really enjoyed corned beef, wholegrain, gherkins and sauerkraut.

I love a decent bit of corned beef, It's an honest source of protein. frying it changes its character entirely too. Highly recommend.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on November 10, 2020, 03:13:57 PM
I love a decent bit of corned beef, It's an honest source of protein. frying it changes its character entirely too. Highly recommend.

Yeah, I used to put it in toasties.

Plus corned beef + smash + beans = 0 effort miserable corned beef hash.

Fr.Bigley

pretty genius to be fair. Council as you like, but genius!

SpiderChrist

Used to love a corned beef and tomato sandwich before I turned into a screaming nancyboy went vegan. Tasty as fuck. Used to give me quite horrendous sulphur burps, though.

Nobody mentioned a lovely lumpy chicken wrap yet?

pancreas

bacon: streaky, rinded, crisp, unsmoked preferable.
caramelised shallots (just in butter, no ratfuckery)
japanese brown sauce (okonomiyaki/tonkatsu)
rocket
brioche bun if that's the only thing you can find in tesco, but better on some softish sourdough from your local artisanal bakery—the only reason I have a car.

Sebastian Cobb

Fish fingers, mayo and ketchup

Captain Crunch

Quote from: SpiderChrist on November 10, 2020, 03:28:56 PMNobody mentioned a lovely lumpy chicken wrap yet?

YoYo Burger in Bristol do a lovely chicken wrap – crispy chicken, hash browns, onion rings, cheese, garlic mayo and lettuce.  They toast up the wrap too so it's extra crispy. 

Emma Raducanu

Ham and coleslaw and a flask of coffee stood on a windy hill.

JesusAndYourBush

Tuna & banana sandwiches are delicious.  I bought one once at a cafe where you could choose from a variety of fillings.  There was an advert on tv around that time where a pregnant woman requests it as a pizza topping so that inspired my choice.

I like corned beef but it makes my wee smell like burned plastic.

Anyway, peppered German salami, Bavarian smoked cheese on a toasted bagel (preferably red onion) with sweet pickled gherkin slices.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on November 10, 2020, 04:17:56 PM
I like corned beef but it makes my wee smell like burned plastic.

I did a shit that smelt like burned tyres yesterday seeing as it's relevant.

Ferris

I don't think a single sandwich suggested here has sounded even halfway palatable. For shame.

(Ham and turkey on dark rye, yellow mustard, arugula/spinach and/or lettuce, thin sliced tomatoes, jarlsberg or similar, NO ONIONS).

Neomod

Used to love a Danish salami n' salad sarnie on thick crusty bread. The salad needs to be the freshest lettuce, cucumber, green pepper and tomato[nb]no onion[/nb] therefore no need for mayo.

Can't seem to find Danish salami anywhere these days. Seems to have gone the way of the Baco!

If we are including toasties then also stilton, cheddar and ham.

Pink Gregory

Tartar sauce on toast

Vegan now, can't have.  Sad.

El Unicornio, mang

These two mixed together in a sandwich. Better than sex.

Fr.Bigley

A creation I became quite fond of was the "Lasagnwich" left over lasagne placed delicately on toasted bloomer topped with franks hot sauce and shoved under the grill for 5 minutes. Sounds wrong. Is wrong. Tastes banging.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on November 10, 2020, 04:49:34 PM
These two mixed together in a sandwich. Better than sex.

The packaging looks identical but one's 70g more, is that just density?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on November 10, 2020, 04:51:32 PM
A creation I became quite fond of was the "Lasagnwich" left over lasagne placed delicately on toasted bloomer topped with franks hot sauce and shoved under the grill for 5 minutes. Sounds wrong. Is wrong. Tastes banging.

Done lasagne sandwiches, I think they might be better congealed and cold.

Well, not better, but certainly easier to eat.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 10, 2020, 04:51:52 PM
The packaging looks identical but one's 70g more, is that just density?

I think one of the cartons is a bit taller. I'll check next time I get them and report back. Although the seafood one is a bit denser also.

Jittlebags

Egg mayonnaise, spring onion, sriracha, fried crispy onions.

flotemysost

Tuna mayo (made with lots of black pepper, bit of salt and a drop of olive oil) and fried leek toasted sarnies have been a source of lockdown joy.

Also, just tinned sardines on toast. Not really a sandwich but banging nonetheless.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Jittlebags on November 10, 2020, 05:37:00 PM
fried crispy onions.

Bought some of these pre-made to throw in biryani's as I kept making more than enough for several then eating the leftovers.

Had cheese + a handful of them in a sandwich. Heavenly.