Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:48:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Inbred: Sandwiches

Started by Fr.Bigley, November 10, 2020, 01:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

Sandwiches too difficult to manage. Roll shit up inside flour tortilla. Get breakfast done.

Edit- new page contrarian

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Dex Sawash on November 10, 2020, 08:19:11 PM
Sandwiches too difficult to manage. Roll shit up inside flour tortilla. Get breakfast done.

Edit- new page contrarian

Quesadilla or grave

thenoise

Cheese and salad in a baguette so crusty that a poorly-angled bite can cause mouth bleeding.
Chutney or pickle is acceptable but no gerkins or whatever, we're British!

thenoise

Courtesy of Elvis (via Nigella): fried banana and peanut butter. It really shouldn't but it is damned good.

imitationleather

Sometimes when depressed I like to have a deconstructed sandwich: Just eating handfuls of bread out of the bag with intermittent chomps on a big pile of ham.

sirhenry

Peanut butter and wholegrain mustard. They complement each other perfectly. Compliments to the chef.

moondogs

Katz Deli - an absolute mound of pastrami and mustard on rye bread. Couple of pickles on the side. I still find myself thinking about it almost on a daily basis.

TrenterPercenter

If you cut a square sandwich diagonally through the middle you will end up with two right angles. 

This is evidence that the world is made of math and when you eat these triangles math goes into your belly and are calculated out of your arse.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: thenoise on November 10, 2020, 08:52:58 PM
Courtesy of Elvis (via Nigella): fried banana and peanut butter. It really shouldn't but it is damned good.

I went through a period of eating these every day, super delicious. Elvis also put bacon on them sometimes, and fried them in the bacon fat. Undoubtedly a major factor in his untimely demise.

Ferris

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on November 10, 2020, 10:09:54 PM
If you cut a square sandwich diagonally through the middle you will end up with two right angles. 

This is evidence that the world is made of math and when you eat these triangles math goes into your belly and are calculated out of your arse.

Oh yeah, calculate this!

*shits self*

Oh bugger

poo

Sardine, mustard, and gherkin.

Fish finger - probably the biggest treat you can have. I make them huge.

badaids

Bernard Matthews Turkey Steak
Instant Mash
Canadian Cheddar
Bovril
Ketchup

Fucking amazing.

Blumf

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on November 10, 2020, 10:09:54 PM

Square bread just leaves you with an awkward irrational bit to chew on.

If you're smart, you get your bread in 3:4 ratio, so when you cut it in half diagonally, you end up with neat Pythagorean triple, from which you can take whole bites.

pancreas

Quote from: badaids on November 10, 2020, 10:31:12 PM
Bernard Matthews Turkey Steak
Instant Mash
Canadian Cheddar
Bovril
Ketchup

Fucking amazing.

Is this how you got your name?

ProvanFan

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on November 10, 2020, 01:17:51 PM
Tuna and mayo with chopped onions and sliced cucumber, on wholewheat, pretty much every night for supper.

This guy gets it (wholewheat negotiable).

Not strictly a sandwich, but tuna/mayo, celery and red onion on a bit of toasted ciabatta as well.

TommyTurnips

I've been obsessed with pizza toasties recently. Two slices of bread with tomato puree spread on each slice then two cheese slices with mixed herbs sprinkled on and pepperoni in the middle then into the George Foreman (other sandwich toasters are available) and you have a delicious pizza toastie.

Jittlebags

Quote from: poo on November 10, 2020, 10:24:28 PM
Sardine, mustard, and gherkin.

How are you I'm doing your sardines? Grilled or from a tin? I can see the virtue of both.

chveik

omelette baguette (preferably with cheese and potatoes)

poo

Quote from: Jittlebags on November 11, 2020, 02:11:38 AM
How are you I'm doing your sardines? Grilled or from a tin? I can see the virtue of both.

Tin. Sardines every day. From tin.

SpiderChrist

Put anything in a sandwich, mate. Anything.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on November 10, 2020, 04:49:34 PM
These two mixed together in a sandwich. Better than sex.

Potted sick. Revolting slop. I have reduced the images so they are barely visible.

As you may have gathered I detest slop in sandwiches, particularly mayonnaise based slop.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: chveik on November 11, 2020, 02:27:04 AM
omelette baguette (preferably with cheese and potatoes)

I rustled up an omlette that was essentially just a quiche lorraine without the pastry recently. Dunno why I didn't think of it before.

Jittlebags

They should do a Sandwich Week on Bakeoff.

SpiderChrist

Captain Crunch

That gilly bastard doesn't look too happy at having his photo used. 

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Captain Crunch on November 11, 2020, 10:44:37 AM
That gilly bastard doesn't look too happy at having his photo used.

Lol'd

buzby

Quote from: moondogs on November 10, 2020, 09:06:09 PM
Katz Deli - an absolute mound of pastrami and mustard on rye bread. Couple of pickles on the side. I still find myself thinking about it almost on a daily basis.
Seconded.

On a more downmarket level from my adolescence, crushed up Chicken & Mushroom Pot Noodle (dry, straight from the pot) on white bread with marg. The crunchiness of the noodles combined with the salt/MSG hit of the powdered flavouring rehydrating in your mouth. Mustn't go back....