Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:24:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Masterchef The Professionals 2020

Started by touchingcloth, November 11, 2020, 10:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: Wentworth Smith on November 26, 2020, 11:45:14 AM
I read somewhere that the disappeared chef had used a work dish which was owned by their employer and they only found out afterwards. No idea if true and a bit dull but probably more likely than telling Marcus to do one.
It was a Big Mac and fries

Icehaven

Quote from: Wentworth Smith on November 26, 2020, 11:45:14 AM
I read somewhere that the disappeared chef had used a work dish which was owned by their employer and they only found out afterwards. No idea if true and a bit dull but probably more likely than telling Marcus to do one.

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 26, 2020, 11:49:21 AM
That doesn't count right either - you can't copyright a meal.

Was it a round where the contestants are supposed to cook something they've come up with themselves? They might have been disqualified because the producers found out that they used a dish someone else had created, rather than because the restaurant "owned" it.
Unless you try some absurdly idiosyncratic Blumenthal-esque madness it must be extremely difficult to come up with totally original (and still edible) dishes, but I suppose if they've literally lifted something lock stock from their own workplace it's a bit more blatant.

touchingcloth

Quote from: icehaven on November 26, 2020, 01:26:29 PM
Was it a round where the contestants are supposed to cook something they've come up with themselves? They might have been disqualified because the producers found out that they used a dish someone else had created, rather than because the restaurant "owned" it.
Unless you try some absurdly idiosyncratic Blumenthal-esque madness it must be extremely difficult to come up with totally original (and still edible) dishes, but I suppose if they've literally lifted something lock stock from their own workplace it's a bit more blatant.

Potentially, aye. Though failing Scott from the same episode explicitly said he had nicked his failing desert from his pastry chef wife, but maybe they decided canning two from the same episode was too much, and the restaurant made a fuss that the wife didn't.

bgmnts

Ha that Wareing skill test was laughable wasn't it?

Looked like vomited up red pepper pesto with some chopped tomatoes plonked on top. But a chef made it so you have to think its good don't you?

kalowski

Bloody hell I like big ol' Luke. What a decent bloke.
They're all decent blokes in this round. (No women though).

colacentral

Quote from: sevendaughters on November 24, 2020, 10:08:26 PM
woah I did this and they edited it! only 3! Stalin's at the Beeb!

Are you saying they originally fucked up and left the fourth bloke in the "next time..." bit?

One thing I noticed about that episode was that, usually when they go to the judges they pick one obvious contestant to go through and one obvious contestant to bin. In that episode they had the one guy go through, then Scott was being discussed as the potential next quarter finalist. Unless they reshot that to throw us off the scent, I'm thinking the missing bloke could have maybe not served anything up, lost his rag and threw his food in the bin or something, cos there's no way he could have somehow served up worse food than Scott.

kalowski

Quote from: colacentral on November 26, 2020, 09:22:43 PM
Are you saying they originally fucked up and left the fourth bloke in the "next time..." bit?

One thing I noticed about that episode was that, usually when they go to the judges they pick one obvious one to go through and one obvious one to bin. In that episode they had the one guy go through, then Scott was being discussed as the potential next quarter finalist. Unless they reshot that to throw us off the scent, I'm thinking the missing bloke could have maybe not served anything up, lost his rag and threw his food in the bin or something, cos there's no way he could have somehow served up worse food than Scott.
Shat on a plate.

colacentral

Could have been a racist outburst when he found out it was the two white english blokes being eliminated by the woke left wing bias bbc.

touchingcloth

It was a Verbwhore, and they got kicked off when they served dog au spunk.

Ray Travez

I reckon Marcus got "the urge" and offed the guy in the green room toilets

Icehaven

Do you actually have to be working in a restaurant to qualify for the Professionals series? Maybe they found out he wasn't. Although you'd think that'd be the first thing they checked long before filming started.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: icehaven on November 27, 2020, 04:22:52 PM
Do you actually have to be working in a restaurant to qualify for the Professionals series? Maybe they found out he wasn't. Although you'd think that'd be the first thing they checked long before filming started.

Not in a restaurant necessarily, but you have to be some kind of professional - they had the one a couple of weeks ago that's a chef in the RAF, and they've had a few private chefs on. There was even one in a previous series (a finalist I think - possibly even the winner) who was a tutor in a catering college.

touchingcloth

Scottish Gary won it a few series back, and he worked in a catering college. You just have to have cooking as a profession, and it's probably close to about a quarter of the chefs in earlier rounds who don't work in restaurants primarily.

beanheadmcginty

Maybe the mystery contestant had a seemingly faultless skills round, but 24 hours later it ended up giving Carcass, Moanica and Egg such evil, torrential, bum-destroying shits that they felt forced to disqualify them on general principle.

Poobum

Bet it was Michel Roux Jnr in disguise plating up nothing but Rooster-Bartlett potatoes.

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: Poobum on November 27, 2020, 09:34:43 PM
Bet it was Michel Roux Jnr in disguise plating up nothing but Rooster-Bartlett potatoes.

Slathered in a jar of Loyd Grossman sauce.

Icehaven

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on November 27, 2020, 08:29:01 PM
Maybe the mystery contestant had a seemingly faultless skills round, but 24 hours later it ended up giving Carcass, Moanica and Egg such evil, torrential, bum-destroying shits that they felt forced to disqualify them on general principle.

Or while they were editing the footage they noticed him cheerfully gobbing into every dish he prepared.

colacentral

Quote from: icehaven on December 01, 2020, 11:36:42 AM
Or while they were editing the footage they noticed him cheerfully gobbing into every dish he prepared.

I genuinely considered this too, payback after some scathing criticism in the skills test.

touchingcloth

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on November 27, 2020, 10:29:17 PM
Slathered in a jar of Loyd Grossman sauce.

Slathered in Lloyd Grossman fat, then smearing the same over himself before swimming across the Channel to freedom.

Poobum

My favourite bit of last nights was Rhys calling Marcus Morcus. Great fun.

Icehaven

Quote from: Poobum on December 02, 2020, 12:38:24 PM
My favourite bit of last nights was Rhys calling Marcus Morcus. Great fun.

Morcus and Manica. Jehn and Grogg.

touchingcloth

During the skills tests, I wish the person sent to watch from a video screen in a separate room was Greg, and that he wasn't filmed watching, or allowed back in to taste the dishes.

Ray Travez

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

wooders1978

I see great British menu is back, minus that annoying Scottish idiot from last series

touchingcloth

GREGGSXIT MEANS EGGSXIT

He's the worst thing about the show, bar none. I believe it was Shakespeare who said

He should have died hereafter;
There would have been grave for such a turd.
Dominos and Dominos and Dominos
Stuffed in his sweaty face, from day to day
To the last credit-roll of recorded film
And all the biscuit-base are shited pools
Within his reeking keks.
Eat, eat, chief gobhole!
Egg is but a costermonger, a smooth-pater
That eats and scoffs his hour upon the set
And then eats some more. It is a show
Hosted by an idiot, full of bald and pudding
Contributing nothing.

touchingcloth

Quote from: colacentral on December 03, 2020, 03:33:22 PM
"BIIIIIIG flavaaaz that pack a panch"

FTFY

Has anyone else noticed Egg rapidly using up his quota of the "You've made the <ingredient> taste eve more <ingredient>y! The <ingredient>s taste like they've been to the gym!"

Egg's bald looks like it's been to the gym.

bgmnts

I had no idea honeycomb had honey in it.