Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:09:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB Group Hug - it's ok to feel like shit

Started by MojoJojo, November 12, 2020, 10:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Quote from: Emotional Support Peacock on December 15, 2020, 06:28:21 PM
I have just realised how incredibly self centred my previous post is!

It's not selfish to feel sad about it. I do too. Selfish to think fuck it and go and have an Xmas Dinner with them all but I won't.

I really hope this fucking mutation doesn't mean the vaccines don't work. My parents must be a few weeks away from getting it.

Chedney Honks

I literally couldn't give a fuck about Christmas but it's really eye opening how much of a big fucking deal it is for some people. I feel for them.

Tombola

Conversely, my 70+ year-old parents are keen to have us all round for Xmas, and there are a lot of us. That's stressing me out, would rather we all just sack it off this year so they don't die.

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: Chedney Honks on December 15, 2020, 06:50:35 PM
I literally couldn't give a fuck about Christmas but it's really eye opening how much of a big fucking deal it is for some people. I feel for them.

Isn't just a convenient excuse for cunts to act like cunts?

Non Stop Dancer

Quote from: Chedney Honks on December 15, 2020, 06:50:35 PM
People are fucking babies.

H-O-W-L

My family look at me like I've just said I don't want to live anymore when I say that I don't give a singular fuck about Christmas this year. It's like they think I'm abandoning the safety of the tent-village for the rasping winds of the Angel's Burn, the blast-lands between the Bakersfield Ruins and the LA Boneyard, striding out into skin-shredding sandblitzes to slowly melt away to bone. I'm just glad all of us survived the year (knock on wood).

JaDanketies

We got a Christmas tree. Our son stood up for long enough for us to take photos and recordings for the first time because he was intrigued by the baubles.

Damn, after this year, you just want to look forward to a relaxed time with your family. Apparently people are well hyped about Christmas this year, with Christmas songs hitting the charts earlier for instance.

MojoJojo

Quote from: Emotional Support Peacock on December 15, 2020, 06:28:21 PM
I have just realised how incredibly self centred my previous post is!

There's nothing wrong with that. It's the internet, and I started the the thread precisely because most of us are suffering with the same issues.

It's shit.

Blue Jam

Quote from: JaDanketies on December 16, 2020, 12:10:28 AMApparently people are well hyped about Christmas this year, with Christmas songs hitting the charts earlier for instance.

We've bought a load of lights. Got loads of disco balls on our sparkly white tree. We can't go anywhere so we may as well just make our place look as bright as humanly possible.

I don't understand people who strive to make their Xmas deccies look tasteful. People say "camp as Christmas" for a reason. Go camp or go home.

jobotic

Quote from: Non Stop Dancer on December 15, 2020, 11:05:08 PM
People are fucking babies.

Yeah. I feel such a baby that I'm sad because I miss my siblings and can't see them, or my kids can't see their cousins. I mean I'll live with it so I'm a bit of a hard man but it makes me feel a bit unhappy so really I'm just a baby.

JaDanketies

Quote from: jobotic on December 16, 2020, 10:18:05 AM
Yeah. I feel such a baby that I'm sad because I miss my siblings and can't see them, or my kids can't see their cousins. I mean I'll live with it so I'm a bit of a hard man but it makes me feel a bit unhappy so really I'm just a baby.

I'm such a man, I'll only speak to the people who live in the same building as me for almost a year, and then when I get the opportunity to spend time with my loved ones I'll tell em to go swivel cos I didn't even miss em. The only things I desire are live football, steakhouses, and lager in the pub.

Blue Jam

Been off venlafaxine for a week now and today is the first day I have felt totally normal in over a year, yaaaay!

Celebrating by having some grapefruit juice, because I can.

flotemysost

Quote from: Blue Jam on December 16, 2020, 09:28:19 AM
Got loads of disco balls on our sparkly white tree

This sounds great. I've been looking for a second-hand standalone disco ball recently (not even for Christmas, just a perennial decoration for my flat) but no luck.

Not really arsed about Christmas itself, and I'm actually looking forward to doing something different from the last 30 years, but it is really bringing home the amount of time that's passed since I've seen my family now - which I know is piffling compared to what lots of people are going through, and plenty of emigrants have been doing this for years, but it's still a bit rubbish.

Also, apologies in advance for yet another "flotemysost whinges about being single in a pandemic" post, but I've noticed a lot of my single mates have been saying they feel under greater pressure to have to make a call on whether or not to go and see parents/relatives for Christmas, compared to their partnered-up siblings, who can more easily just say "we've decided to stay at home this year", no further questions.

I mean it would make sense if one of the couple is vulnerable or has a risky job, etc. but most of my single friends are living in flatshares with randoms, or at least people whose behaviour is not really possible to monitor/police with regards to COVID safety, so it's not really a safer option in many cases.

My brother and his girlfriend have been doing their own thing on Christmas day for the past few years anyway, and he suggested this year I could isolate then go and form a bubble with our mum and dad. I feel like a right dick for not wanting to do that, but I dunno, it did annoy me a little bit. Just because I don't have a partner and I live closer (still multiple Tube/train rides away - no doubt full of maskless cunts) doesn't mean I always have to be the one who jumps in to help (which I normally am).

Ridiculously middle class, privileged rant, I know, but this time of year is generally when it's acceptable to infantilise adults for their lives not having panned out in a particular way and it would seem this year is no different.

I feel like shit so I'm glad that's OK. I've been without work for the first time in my life since August and my minorish disability is becoming more visible. I've had five unsuccessful interviews for jobs. I won't be able to see any family at Christmas (another first) but I do have a partner and it's important not to lose sight of the positives.

SpiderChrist

Mrs SpiderChrist seems to have become her dad's live-in carer since he was prematurely slung out of hospital three weeks ago. Not likely to be spending Christmas Day with her, and not travelling to see my family in Surrey either (although that was decided long before yesterday's announcement).

So, Christmas Day will be just me and SpiderChrist Junior by the looks of things. Can't be arsed to put any decorations up.

RDRR

Yeah, Christmas is a convenient excuse to get together and see family that you live apart from when most people have some time off. I don't mind spending the day alone but it's a bit gutting not to have been able to see any family for a year now, especially when that includes the single-living, elderly, the dead soon, etc.

Girlfriend has also just left to continue her PhD in the US. It's difficult saying goodbye to someone without having any idea when you'll be able to see them again. Being around friends/family might have been trying but it would also probably help avoid regressing into a grumpy teenager who sleeps until midday. Glad the restrictions are in place, but that doesn't mean it's not hard.

Sorry to others who are having a shit/much much shitter time at the moment.

The Culture Bunker

The wife and I had plans for train it over to Leeds on Christmas Eve to spend a couple of days with my brother and his brood, with our parents driving down too. Obviously these plans are nixed now - it's not something causing me a whole of anguish, but I spoke to my dad earlier and it's really depressed him in a way I've never known him be before. He was really looking forward to everyone being together and who knows when it'll be possible now - he's not that old (67) but it may be more a sense of missing out on time with his grandsons as they grow up.

Was just strange to hear a man who's always seemed positive sound so despondent. It's really troubled me deeply.

jobotic

Properly scared again. Living in one of the areas with the highest rates in the country, and having seen it rise and rise throughout lockdown and Tier 3  then Tier 4 doesn't help.

My nine year old son had a proper freak out last night. It stemmed from a nightmare he'd had the night before but he was beside himself, just wailing. He's much better this morning but I'm sure it all comes from fear and stress from this shit. Was just horrible. His sister won't remember this, but he will.

Glebe

jobotic

Blue Jam

Was feeling really low yesterday.

First there was the news that we're going into Tier 4. I'm just sick of lockdown and the feeling that it's never going to fucking end.

Then some presents from Mr Jam's nice parents arrived and we put them under the tree and I started to get my annual bout of dwelling on how awful my family of origin are and how selfish and manipulative and cheap they always were with presents, and how Mr Jam's family are kind and generous and thoughtful and are like the family I never had.

Needed to have a little cry. Then I went and played Crackdown 3 for a bit and found a bit of daft simulated violence and parkouring about the gaff lasering government twats to death sorted me right out.

Feeling much better today. Glad we're past the winter solstice now and the nights will be getting lighter. Going to donate blood today because I am ACE and HEROIC, then hopefully I can just curl up under my duvet and have a really good sleep.

Thanks for reading my whining. Big hugs to you all x

bgmnts

Just want to say I still love lockdow cheers.

Blue Jam

I have enjoyed the fact that my job is essentially part-time now, and getting to cycle into werk along a beautiful cycle route, but I just really, really need a holiday. Even a weekend in a nice hotel in another UK city would do. I'm sick of seeing everyone wearing masks and doing the Covid fandango as we all swerve to avoid each other. I'm sick of Covid Nazis enjoying the pandemic a bit too much and getting a boner for telling people off for not standing on a sticker on the floor when they're queuing to pay for their shopping. I'm sick of walking past cafes and restaurants and bars I liked and seeing the interior has been stripped and thinking how devastated the owners must be. I just want a bit of normality.

Glebe

Blue Jam

Cheers Glebe, hope you're holding up okay too.

Just got back from being ACE and HEROIC at the blood donor centre. Feeling alright, just a little bit tired. Figured it would be a good idea to get some iron anyway and set off to prepare my usual post-donation Dinner of Champions. Went to Lidl to pick up some steak, baby leaf spinach and dealcoholised red wine.

No steak. No beef at all. No chicken either. Loads of fresh veg out of stock too.

Went to Tesco. No steak there either and lots of fresh food low in stock.

Not sure if this is panic-buying or lorries that would usually deliver food being stranded in Dover, but fuuuuuuck. Decided to pick up the trimmins a day earlier than planned, just in case like.

Got a MASSIVE leek though. And a vaguely phallic lemon. Wasn't a totally bleak shopping trip then.

Rizla

Quote from: Blue Jam on December 22, 2020, 06:13:47 PM
No steak. No beef at all. No chicken either. Loads of fresh veg out of stock too.

Went to Tesco. No steak there either and lots of fresh food low in stock.

Plenty steak and beef in Asda if you fancy a trip down Newhaven, Blue Jam. No tatties though, not a single one.

Blue Jam

Cheers but I remembered I have some iron tablets in, job's a good 'un. We have loads of tatties here too, wanna swap?

Also the blood donor centre had NO TUNNOCK'S CARAMEL WAFERS IN. The Tunnock's factory is just up the road. This is the end of days here lads.

Quote from: Rizla on December 22, 2020, 06:26:26 PM
Plenty steak and beef in Asda if you fancy a trip down Newhaven, Blue Jam. No tatties though, not a single one.

Went to Asda at 10pm last night, very low on veg and barely any potatoes.

BlodwynPig

Gripped by sadness. Trying to find that melancholic beauty but this is physical.

Glebe

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 23, 2020, 07:51:40 AMGripped by sadness. Trying to find that melancholic beauty but this is physical.

Aw no, hope you've a bit more relaxed now Blodders. Btw, I apologize for always claiming geese quack. Maybe they don't? *shocked face emoji*