Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:16:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Smoking weed

Started by itsfredtitmus, November 13, 2020, 07:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve98

Quote from: Pijlstaart on November 13, 2020, 11:58:17 PM
Lived with a man who worked as a spliff roller in the back of a "medical dispensary". Dzeep dzeep dzeep dzeep, he'd go, gesturing to his naked women calendar with the end of his spliff, gimme summa dat. His spirit animal was the Logatto Romagnolo, he'd walk around the university district sniffing mailboxes for packages and thieving the ones he thought had shrooms in. He'd get bad cases of "da munchies", start cooking in the early hours of the morning, pass out and lay there comatose while I fought the ensuing fires at daybreak. Nothing but trouble, those drugs.

Yikes... Sobering, New Page stuff :(

evilcommiedictator

Quote from: thecuriousorange on November 14, 2020, 03:16:00 AM
I wanted some drugged-out music so I bought this CD by an artist called "James Blunt".
No, this is even more sobering for the new page

itsfredtitmus

smoking literally RIGHT NOW

Small Man Big Horse

Been off the weed for two years now, I do miss it at times (especially when the guy in the room next door is smoking it and it stinks out the hallway) but I know I'm all or nothing when it comes to the stuff, and can never just smoke it at the weekends or once or twice a week or something like that. I'm hoping that before I die I'll have some kind of diagnosis where I'm given three or six months to live and then I'll be right back on it, but otherwise I'm not going to smoke again.

Jockice

It's been a few years (I said five in the crack thread, but it'll actually be six this Christmas day) but that's mainly because I haven't been offered any since then. I've never rolled a joint in my life but if someone else had some and offered me a bit I'd usually (if not always) take a couple of drags.

I had friends and family members who were regular users but I've sort of drifted away from the former and haven't seen the latter much recently because of a family dispute that has bugger all to do with me. My former dopehead friends seem to be settled down and married with kids now, apart from two of them. And one lives abroad for several months a year while the other is living back in her family home at the age of 50. I don't think her dad would approve. She sucks on extra strong mints all the way home if I go out with her and she has a couple of glasses of wine. I think he knows you drink dear, I really do.

I don't really miss it (and I take prescription tablets that have a not dissimilar effect anyway) but you know, it's okay. I really don't like the smell of the stuff though. It's not as bad as pipe tobacco or (worst of all) cigars. Although, rather strangely, I have no problem with the small of cigarettes. Quite like that actually.

Black Ship

I occasionally partake, but I'm such a coward, I'm too scared to go and find someone to buy some herbage off because:

a) They think I'm a nark, and beat the shit out of me
b) They are the nark, I get arrested, lose my job, lose my house and end up dying of hypothermia under a bridge.
c) similar to the above - but like the Sam incident of Verbwhore lore a few years ago, when the police turned up just he'd sparked one up and I ran away and hid in a toilet for half an hour.

I wouldn't even know how much an eighth is these days.

So I just have to stay miserable and poison my liver with Gin.

JesusAndYourBush

spaghetamine

Prefer hash but haven't seen any about for a while

The Mollusk

Quote from: spaghetamine on November 14, 2020, 04:33:54 PM

A friend of mine has a reliable supplier, and I keep pestering him to buy a bit extra and hold onto it for me but I think he always forgets. I met him yesterday and had a few drags on a joint for the first time in a few months. Walked home listening to De-Loused in the Comatorium by The Mars Volta absolutely fucking buzzed and loving the shit out of it.

I used to spend £60-80 a week on the stuff in my early 20s which is utterly fucking stupid, I was completely dependent. I'm so glad I've long since reached a point where I hardly feel the need to smoke it at all and it's a very occasional novelty thing. I enjoy the experience so much more that way. The dull complacency of being a habitual every day stoner is not good for me at all.

Gurke and Hare

Yes, I do, but not at the moment because I buy it from a shopfront, and the shop it's pretending to be isn't an essential one so I assume it's closed which is a bit of a ballache. Won't do any harm to wait a couple of weeks I suppose, or I could go back to the mail order. Which is the best dnm at the moment? Preferably one where I don't have to mess about setting up pgp.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: spaghetamine on November 14, 2020, 04:33:54 PM

I got some Kashmir Ice a while back, it was great.

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: Black Ship on November 14, 2020, 04:00:11 PM
I occasionally partake, but I'm such a coward, I'm too scared to go and find someone to buy some herbage off because:

a) They think I'm a nark, and beat the shit out of me
b) They are the nark, I get arrested, lose my job, lose my house and end up dying of hypothermia under a bridge.
c) similar to the above - but like the Sam incident of Verbwhore lore a few years ago, when the police turned up just he'd sparked one up and I ran away and hid in a toilet for half an hour.

I wouldn't even know how much an eighth is these days.

So I just have to stay miserable and poison my liver with Gin.
Find yourself a good smack dealer - much nicer in my experience

sirhenry

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on November 14, 2020, 02:31:21 PM
I'm hoping that before I die I'll have some kind of diagnosis where I'm given three or six months to live and then I'll be right back on it, but otherwise I'm not going to smoke again.
When I only had 3 months to live I found out that Mr. Nice was giving away hash oil to terminal cancer patients and that he lived in Leeds, like me. But try as I might, I never managed to get in touch with him before the bastards cured me. And I used to be a regular at his pancake place[nb]Pancake restaurant just sounds so wrong.[/nb] in Oxford, so I even had a conversation opener...

Now I only smoke when I'm planning to do a lot of boring design work as the narrow focus it produces is perfect, which means I can happily do a 6-hour shift without a break. I'm currently 200 designs into a 500 design Islamic geometric pattern collection. So having to do it every evening during this lockdown. Hard times.

FredNurke

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on November 13, 2020, 07:47:16 PM
You smoke it?

Never have. The only recreational substance I've ever been offered (two occasions, both 15-20 years ago); turned down both times. I have no particular objection to other people doing it, though, just as long as they don't do it where I can smell it.

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: FredNurke on November 14, 2020, 09:30:28 PM
Never have. The only recreational substance I've ever been offered (two occasions, both 15-20 years ago); turned down both times. I have no particular objection to other people doing it, though, just as long as they don't do it where I can smell it.
I secretly want to get evicted so I can jill myself so I've been sort of unconsciously being really obvious with it to my Tory voting neighbours

jobotic

Have a few times but not for years. The smell is revolting so it's not hard to not smoke it. Like it would be easy to not drink if the only booze in existence was cider.

Weed and cider - help yourselves I'm not bothered but the smell!

itsfredtitmus

The smell is so ubiquitous in the merseyside it's not even worth noting

jobotic

I do feel sad that Ill probably never take ecstasy again though. Although I've struggled on through the last ten years since I did.

Beagle 2

I grew up in a house where everyone smoked it, my older brother and sister, mum and stepdad. I rebelled against that for a while but then when I was about 16 (over 20 years ago) I was bored and dipped into a block of resin of my mum's  and that was it really. It's my favourite poison. I've had years when I haven't touched it and I'm not that arsed if it's not there but to be honest I do find life a lot more enjoyable if it is. I stopped smoking or vaping anything about five years ago and that's all I'd say, it's utterly pointless smoking it. Once I got on to edibles I couldn't believe I'd bothered my arse ruining my chest with anything else. Even though it does turn your brain to soup, demotivate you and all the rest, ultimately I feel it's enhanced my life. I wish that it was legal and socially acceptable.

itsfredtitmus

this RIGHT SECOND i am smoking

ASFTSN

Probably would if I could ever get over the paranoia of instantly getting cancer each time I took a puff.

Ray Travez

Quote from: Butchers Blind on November 13, 2020, 07:54:13 PM
Careful with this one...

...he's probably going to print this thread out and smoke it in a bong

Ray Travez

Quote from: jobotic on November 14, 2020, 11:00:37 PM
I do feel sad that Ill probably never take ecstasy again though. Although I've struggled on through the last ten years since I did.

yeah, same. What was it Michael J Dolan said? Something like, "no-one's more depressed than somebody who used to do ecstacy. We've tasted chemically-induced euphoria and we can never have it back"

Quote from: Ray Travez on November 18, 2020, 01:31:43 PM
"no-one's more depressed than somebody who used to do ecstacy. We've tasted chemically-induced euphoria and we can never have it back"

That's about right.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: sirhenry on November 14, 2020, 08:06:57 PM
When I only had 3 months to live I found out that Mr. Nice was giving away hash oil to terminal cancer patients and that he lived in Leeds, like me. But try as I might, I never managed to get in touch with him before the bastards cured me. And I used to be a regular at his pancake place[nb]Pancake restaurant just sounds so wrong.[/nb] in Oxford, so I even had a conversation opener...

Now I only smoke when I'm planning to do a lot of boring design work as the narrow focus it produces is perfect, which means I can happily do a 6-hour shift without a break. I'm currently 200 designs into a 500 design Islamic geometric pattern collection. So having to do it every evening during this lockdown. Hard times.

Some friends of mine met him at 5am on Parker's Piece in Cambridge, back in June 1998, just after they'd attended a university summer ball and there are photos of them all skinning up as he looks happily on, apparently he was a decent sort, but rambled away a fair bit. And there's no real point to this story, other than that if you ever build a time machine you'll now know how to track him down.

JaDanketies

I've smoked weed almost every day since I was 16, which is now literally half my life (and the first half barely counts).  I used to be high all day. I've gone to work high countless times. I used to work from home and smoke my first bong at about noon. I've preferred every different smoking apparatus at different times of my life; pipes, bongs, vapes, spliffs, etc.

I've become a lot more sober since my son was born and it surprises me how much of my life has been focused around getting high. I am now sober almost all of the time and there have been long periods when I've not smoked weed at all.

In retrospect I don't think smoking weed all the time has really added much to my life. Probably helped me cope with boredom and other negative emotions, some of which might have been inescapable, but some of which were eminently escapable and I merely smoked weed and prolonged them.

Dug out an incomplete list of recreational drugs I've taken here. I used to have a 'gotta catch 'em all' attitude to drugs.

weed caffeine alcohol tobacco nicotine amyl nitrates / poppers nitrous oxide mdma ecstasy pills ketamine LSD 1P-LSD LSZ AL-LAD DMT LSA 2cb 2ce Mescaline codeine morphine tramadol fentanyl amanita muscaria mushrooms magic mushrooms truffles salvia GBL GBH etizolam some other benzodiazapines speed cocaine synthetic cocaine thing spice BZP piperazines zopiclone aMT DXM DPH MXP nbome nutmeg

chveik

Quote from: JaDanketies on November 18, 2020, 02:33:01 PM
DXM

some of my friends used to take that. sounds awful

Quotenutmeg

what is wrong with you?

JaDanketies

Quote from: chveik on November 18, 2020, 02:44:50 PM
what is wrong with you?

DXM was shit and I was puking and shitting my pants out. Perhaps there are better ways to take it than chugging two bottles of robitussin. I've taken it twice but I've not had the experiences that yankee internet forum dwellers claim to have had. Too much fuckin cough syrup to drink. The main biological effect for me was the sensation of having drunk a load of thick syrup.

Nutmeg, I was 15 or 16.

Gurke and Hare

When people do ketamine what form is it in? Smoking, snorting, injecting or a fucking great big horse tablet?