Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:36:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

nurses, doctors, personnel etc etc.

Started by me, February 27, 2004, 01:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

me

Ladies and gentlemen.

I have a problem. I have had an interview and then a 2nd interview for a job, now I am currently in employ but wish to move on. The problem is that in order to get this job I need to undergo a medical. I however smoke a massive amount of cannabis, the piss test can be overcome by taking in someone elses, but a blood test will be harder to overcome. Can anyone tell me if they specifically test for drugs in your blood or is that just with a piss test ? Or how can I detox my blood stream in a couple of days, as cannabis for heavy users stays in both piss and the blood stream for up to a month. Thanks and regards

"ME"

Timmay

They're testing for a reason. They don't want to employ someone who relies on narcotics to get through the day.

If you want a job like at a place like that, give it up.

But I'm not dissing cannabis use, per se.

mook

Are they definatley going to ask you for a blood test or just a urine test?

If it is a blood test then your pretty much fucked, THC is absorbed by fat cells and it can take weeks for it to leave your system completely . Urine tests are easier to fool though, drink a few pints of water before you need to give the sample don't over do it though. When it comes to giving the sample, don't use the first spurts of weewee though, pee into the toilet first, then after a few moments pee into the pot, then finish off in the bog.

Sorry if this a bit garbled, I'm stoned to fuck at the minute.

Edit to add..don't buy any of that stuff that claims to clean out your system, it's a waste of money.

hencole

Whats the job? If its for the police or for being a traindriver then they probably will be pretty anal.

me

Its in a chemical plant, so you have to be on the ball so thing don't blow up and stuff. As I say the piss sample can be faked, what I'm realy after is wether or not the doc's specifically test for narcotics in the blood ? I suspect they will test for it in urine, but as stated, that can be overcome. So if anyone knows wether they do or not, that would be greatly appreciated.

fat handed twat

strangely enough I was in a very similar situation a couple of years ago, right down to the job type. I believe that if you are being tested for drugs then they actually have to tell you specifically, they cant just call it a medical. They also have to give you notice of the test date in advance. When I went for my medical it turned out to be a genuine medical and although they took a urine sample it was not taken away and tested for drugs, it was examined and disposed of there and then for any medical anomalies (ketones in the urine I was told - dont know what this is a sign of). There is no way they will take a blood sample for use in drug testing, it is far more expensive and time consuming than the standard piss test. I drank one of those 'urine purifier' drinks before I went for my medical. No idea if they work but I thought it would be better to be safe than sorry, they are about £20-30 though. If you are going to use one of these make sure you get one that is ready to drink rather than one where you need to add water or swallow pills as these types typically involve drinking massive amounts of water and it will look really obvious that you are trying to dilute your piss. You can buy these drinks from all good bong shops.

me

I thank you for your fat twatted handed device. you have merely confirmed my suspitions that:
A) They have to inform you of the fact that they are testing for narcs.
and, B) The're more likely to test the piss as opposed to blood due to cost.

cunt

Quote from: "me"Ladies and gentlemen.

I have a problem....how can I detox my blood stream in a couple of days, as cannabis for heavy users stays in both piss and the blood stream for up to a month.

"ME"

drink as much water as possible, worked for me.mind you, that was for nandrinol

Pinball

Watch out for hair samples. Cannabis use in the last 2-3 months can be detected...

Blue Jam

Thanks for starting this topic, me, I had a question that wasn't worth starting a thread for: I have never smoked cannabis, or anything else for that matter, directly, but recently I've been to a few parties and music venues where lots of people have been smoking heavily. Is it possible to get a detectable level of THC in your blood through passive smoking- say, over a few hours in a house ? I might have to submit blood and urine samples for tests in a few months, so would it be a good idea for me to avoid house parties for a bit?

Or am I just being paranoid?

Pinball

Yes it's possible, but the levels would be low so you could argue (if necessary) passive smoking. Bottomline - don't worry too much..

Cerys

Quote from: "fat handed twat"(ketones in the urine I was told - dont know what this is a sign of).

Can be a sign of diabetes.

I'm so glad I'm a professional layabout, and don't have to go through this kind of shit.  The only time I've really thought about how long stuff stays in your system was about ten years ago: I was about to donate bone marrow, and while nothing was said by the medical people, I decided to clear out my system in advance.  Two weeks was what I settled on, but even then the chances are that they may pick something up, if you're being tested for specifics.

gazzyk1ns

Quote from: "Pinball"Bottomline - don't worry too much..

Who are you and what have you done with Pinball?

butnut

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"
Quote from: "Pinball"Bottomline - don't worry too much..

Who are you and what have you done with Pinball?

They've got him - he's just a machine now! Run - before they come for us..