Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:09:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pot Noodle Horns

Started by Adrian Brezhnev, June 13, 2005, 09:02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian Brezhnev

Apparently, there are a million in circulation, but I have yet to see one, apart from on posters at bus stops and in adverts on the telly.

Has anyone been lucky enough to get hold of one yet?

terminallyrelaxed

I'm hoping its some kind of incomprehensivle advertising gimmick joke, and that none physically exist.

Adrian Brezhnev

I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

Jemble Fred

They over-advertise this product – do you really need tacky gambits like this when you're selling the tastiest food known to man?*

*No it's not bloody sarcasm.

terminallyrelaxed

Imagine the mayhem if they'd released those Tango hooter-can things. Open bloodshed in the office.

Adrian Brezhnev

Imagine if you were to buy a Dire Straits CD and it came with a whole lot of money and free chicks.....

God's own fruit machine

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"They over-advertise this product – do you really need tacky gambits like this when you're selling the tastiest food known to man?*

*No it's not bloody sarcasm.
I'm not sure whether you're being serious Jemble, but I like them. I'm not sure I'd agree it's the tastiest food known to man but it's much-maligned.

People regularly pull faces if you admit to eating Pot Noodle. What's the problem? I mean the curry one is basically dried noodles with some curry powder, but everyone says it tastes disgusting (without having ever tasted it). It probably has the nutrional content of cardboard, though.

That reminds me of my old diet. When I first moved away from home I used to go to the garage each night and by the following for my tea:

a Pot Noodle
    a Cornetto
    a Pepperami
    Some crisps
Now that's living alright.

no_offenc

You are Peter Baynham and I claim my £5 worth of quick mouth-trifle, etc........

Adrian Brezhnev

Quote from: "In another thread, Des Nilsen"Winning a Pot Noodle Horn. Oh yes.

:p

-
What's it like?

Des Nilsen

Quote from: "Adrian Brezhnev"
Quote from: "In another thread, Des Nilsen"Winning a Pot Noodle Horn. Oh yes.

:p

-
What's it like?

Winning was a bit 'Oooh, okay...', but the Horn itself... I haven't got it yet. I'll let you know when it arrives. I might even post a pic of me blowing it.

;)

-

Adrian Brezhnev

Or an MP3 of it.... that might be preferable to us seeing a picture of you getting the horn.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: "terminallyrelaxed"Imagine the mayhem if they'd released those Tango hooter-can things. Open bloodshed in the office.

I actually own one of them. Not from phoning up mind you, but my uncle gave one to me about 5 years ago. It worked, but quietly.

Adrian Brezhnev

Does it spray people with several gallons of refreshing water, in a metaphorical kind of way?

JesusAndYourBush

How do you get one then, is it in the pot with the noodles?
I imagine someone eating their pot noodles, getting a mouthful of noodle, spluttering 'what the hells that?" and spitting out a pathetic little horn about 2 inches long.

Adrian Brezhnev

It's not as simple as that.....

Des Nilsen

The time has come, friends. Do you want to see my Horn? Well, do you? Don't shake your heads. You know you want it.

Anyway!

Here it is. It's made of plastic, disappointingly enough, and it makes the most pathetic sound ever when you blow it. I was tempted to add reverb and make it all spooky... but no. You have to hear it as is.

Listen here.

Now, pictures. Forgive my shirtlessness.

The Horn!

The Horn, again.

Me, blowing it & fingering it, Leslie Grantham style.

There you go, Horn-curious folkies. (Be glad I didn't post the pic of it sticking out my trousers).

-

Lady Beaner

I just peed myself listening to that file.  That has to be the most pathetic 'horn' sound I have ever heard!  It sounds like one of those party blowy thingies!

I know what I am talking about.

Ah, THIS is what it sounds like

Lee

Ha ha! That's rubbish! Beaner had it with the party-blower comparison, I reckon they've just shoved one of those inside a plastic horn-shaped thing.

Can we rename this thread to "Des Nilsen Gets The Horn"?

mothman

That's pathetic. It's the most useless product giveaway since Calvin and his propeller beanie. . .

Adrian Brezhnev

That sound is absolutely hilarious. It sounds like a disaffected cat, and a small one at that. What on earth were the marketing guys at Pot Noodle thinking when they invested a (presumably not inconsiderable) sum of money in the advertising campaign.

Des Nilsen

Quote from: "Lee"Beaner had it with the party-blower comparison, I reckon they've just shoved one of those inside a plastic horn-shaped thing.

Yup, that's pretty much what they've done. There's no variation in pitch, no matter how you blow into it. I hoped for a metallic thing that would make proper horn sounds and look good on my wall. Damn Pot Noodle giveaway people.

Oh well... :)

-

Cerys

Try sticking the tip of your tongue into the mouthpiece while you're blowing.

Ambient Sheep

<sniggers, giving the lie to his age by at least 25 years>

Cerys

<mr_burns> Excellent! </mr_burns>

Des Nilsen

Quote from: "Cerys"Try sticking the tip of your tongue into the mouthpiece while you're blowing.

No change. It really is a cheap piece of tat. (But I love it so).

Actually, it's volume is pretty good when it's not recorded, so it could potentially scare someone. And one of the funniest things in the world is that look on someone's face when they've just recieved a very loud, unexpected noise in the ear.

:D

-

I've just had to go to the pot noodle website and download a tv advert to find out what this is all about.  I wonder how this (rather like the crazy frog) bypassed me completely.   Maybe I'm turning into Richard Ingrams.  How long has this campaign been running?

Hairy Chin

You're looking in rude health, Des.

I did got a Pot Noodle horn too. Mine arrived in the post today and I too was a bit miffed that it wasn't metal. Mine makes quite a loud noise...well, loud to me at 8:30 this morning when I was awoken by postie banging on the door. Still half-asleep I opened it and gave it a blast which I deemed to be pretty noisy.

I'll have another go when I get home later and again tonight, just to spite the pikey wanker living next door who enjoys listening to happy hardcore at 9am. Git.

Dark Sky

Years ago I got the Tango (Squeaky) Horn.

And that is seriously a thing of beauty, made of nice metal, and makes the most outrageously annoying "Wah-HA!" ever.

Hairy Chin

Quote from: "Dark Sky"Years ago I got the Tango (Squeaky) Horn.

And that is seriously a thing of beauty, made of nice metal, and makes the most outrageously annoying "Wah-HA!" ever.

Being a chump for gimmicks I got that too - although after years of being abondoned in a cupboard my Tango horn went rusty. I didn't get the weird Gotan bloke though. I think that's what it was called - you know, the weird orangey blob bloke with the strange bug eyes sticking out his head.