Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:56:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Eating Xmas food early.

Started by Butchers Blind, November 14, 2020, 10:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butchers Blind

Went shopping at Lidl today and they've got loads of festive food on the shelves.  Bought a packet of those mini stollen bites and eaten them already.  Very moorish.

Pijlstaart

Christmas hangs heavy in the air. Co-worker was listening to christmas songs yesterday and flatmate has decorated the flat for christmas so there's clearly no discipline in the ranks. Could get into daily Gluhweins though, it's the right sort of weather.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Butchers Blind on November 14, 2020, 10:58:36 PM
Went shopping at Lidl today and they've got loads of festive food on the shelves.  Bought a packet of those mini stollen bites and eaten them already.  Very moorish.

Don't Lidl and Aldi sell stollen year-round? I'm fairly sure they used to. And they're definitely not Moorish.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Pijlstaart on November 14, 2020, 11:08:58 PM
Christmas hangs heavy in the air. Co-worker was listening to christmas songs yesterday and flatmate has decorated the flat for christmas so there's clearly no discipline in the ranks. Could get into daily Gluhweins though, it's the right sort of weather.

It's not a weather; it's a drink.

thenoise

So far: 4 Sainsbury 'deep filled' minced pies
1 stollen shared with family.
1 gingerbread Santa from Costa

and I gave my wife a milky bar reindeer (husband of the year 3rd year running).

At least we haven't put our christmas lights up yet...

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I'd like to give your wife a milky bar reindeer too.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

ate a sack of Tayto Turkey and Stuffing crisps today

a delicate blend of "meat" and "salt" flavours

Bailey's are running those ads where someone's run out of glasses to serve Bailey's in so they cut the antlers off chocolate reindeer, fill them with Bailey's, squirt on some whipped cream and sprinkle on chocolate and all her guests ooh and ahh over them and all I can think of is doing that at the end of a night

"...ah sure I'll cut up the fukkin reindeer..." hack it all to bits with the wrapper still on, pouring Bailey's all over the counter "...shit it's all over the place, fuckit, fuckit, NO MORE BAILEYS FUCK OFF HOME" lying on the floor in a mess of chocolate and piss

Uncle TechTip

Eating the cakes in the weeks leading up to Xmas is fine, it gives you something to build to. Mince pies, no problem. Would draw the line at advent calendars.

Mister Six

Honestly never occurred to me that you could eat Christmas food before Christmas.

poo

Bently Sheds

Had a mince pie for lunch & was nibbling on some liebkuchen(sp?) this evening. There's a mini stollen on the shelf as well. Love Lidl Christmas stuff, me. Gonna get a huge Pannetoni and troff it on my own over the Christmas break

Bently Sheds

Quote from: poo on November 14, 2020, 11:43:30 PM
just had a chocolate sprout
They all have a chocolate sprout when I've finished with 'em.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: poo on November 14, 2020, 11:43:30 PM
just had a chocolate sprout

That's Halloween food isn't it?

I had a supermarket turkey and trimmings sandwich last week.

Jittlebags

Given the overlap these days, I think Haloween and Christmas (and probably Bonfire Night) are destined to merge. Just think, you could then stick a banger up Rudolph's arse.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 14, 2020, 11:15:57 PM
Don't Lidl and Aldi sell stollen year-round? I'm fairly sure they used to. And they're definitely not Moorish.

Soreen isn't christmassy.

Emma Raducanu

Just nailed a 250g bag of hp roasted peanuts. Sure my dad used to get a bag for the whole of Christmas back in the day.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: DolphinFace on November 15, 2020, 03:19:23 PM
Just nailed a 250g bag of hp roasted peanuts. Sure my dad used to get a bag for the whole of Christmas back in the day.

You're going to do a shit like peanut butter tomorrow, if your innards are remotely similar to mine.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Butchers Blind on November 14, 2020, 10:58:36 PM
Bought a packet of those mini stollen bites and eaten them already.  Very moorish.

Saxon, actually, I think you'll find.

Captain Z

You think that's early? I'm eating next year's Xmas food!

Dex Sawash

Wife got a  packet of ready to bake gingerbread men to bake with the grandkid. Raw genocide nearly complete, going to have to sneak in a replacement pack.

jenna appleseed

Quote from: thenoise on November 14, 2020, 11:16:57 PM
So far: 4 Sainsbury 'deep filled' minced pies
1 stollen shared with family.
1 gingerbread Santa from Costa

and I gave my wife a milky bar reindeer (husband of the year 3rd year running).

posts you cut down to try and kinda make fit so you can sing it out loud to the tune of the last verse of 'on the 12th day of christmas....'

It's a good job I live alone.

Butchers Blind

Enjoying a salted caramel spread that Lidl are also doing in their festive section.

Replies From View

Those salted caramel squid rings they do in aldi sure do resemble chocolate lidl anuses.  in my view neither are especially festive but they only seem to arrive around this time, and you're meant to hang them on your christmas tree they say.  anyone else?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Just hung some mistletoe on my balls. Who's first for a big smooch?

Replies From View

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on November 15, 2020, 06:47:56 PM
Just hung some mistletoe on my balls. Who's first for a big smooch?

this is a good point.  are we allowed to mistletoe each other's genitals during covid times?  i have googled it and the governmental advice seems to be as self-contradictory as possible.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I'd say it's pretty safe. Just brush your teeth afterwards.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Mister Six on November 14, 2020, 11:42:43 PM
Honestly never occurred to me that you could eat Christmas food before Christmas.

Military-Industrial Complex.

mobias

I drank a bottle of mulled wine the other night. Throw in a dash of something to get the strength up a bit and the combination of vast amounts of sugar and alcohol is a total winner with me. Its pretty much a festive legal high as far as I'm concerned.

Paid for it the next day though. Oof me head!

bgmnts

Is stuffing christmas food? Might chuck some on the next sunday roast.

Janie Jones

I love proper Turkish Delight but Aldi's is horrible. It's vegan, which is all well and good but it's slimy cornflour-thickened gloop. Still ate a whole box of it on Friday. Icing sugar everywhere. Everywhere.