Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:51:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Public Image is Cotton

Started by Shaky, November 15, 2020, 02:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaky

Not sure where this belongs (it will probably never truly belong anywhere tbh), but I've just discovered the existence of imminent music from Eastender Nick Cotton (aka John "Johnny" Altman).

I want - need - to share this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUktq2ejDWg&feature=emb_title

Quite something, eh?

Jockice

I had a vague recollection of him being in a new wave band called The Hitmen along with Alan Wilder. However, the reason it was a vague memory is because it turned out to be untrue, at least according to Wikipedia. However, he is now frontman with the reformed Heavy Metal Kids apparently.

Rizla

I might well be completely losing my mind but I rather like that. The DIY aspect of the video - the  bald-faced Brentiness, the almost-age-appropriate actress and the rolling credits at the end with the director's name three times help to endear. I like his Ozzy-esque double tracked voice. It feels almost like a NWOBHM ballad, if the production was better. Kudos.

Quote from: Rizla on November 15, 2020, 03:23:24 PM
I might well be completely losing my mind but I rather like that. The DIY aspect of the video - the  bald-faced Brentiness, the almost-age-appropriate actress and the rolling credits at the end with the director's name three times help to endear. I like his Ozzy-esque double tracked voice. It feels almost like a NWOBHM ballad, if the production was better. Kudos.

I got Brent vibes too, with a hint of Lance Detectorist's "New Age Girl".

cosmic-hearse

Cotton replaced Gary Holton in the (extremely underrated) Heavy Metal Kids for a while - though that was a much later, 21st century iteration of the band