Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:17:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cutting out meat

Started by Butchers Blind, November 16, 2020, 01:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaghetamine

has anyone ever tried putting the milk of human kindness in a cup of tea?

Buelligan

As it's mostly Brits who infantilise their beverages with milkiness, I doubt it.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: spaghetamine on November 19, 2020, 09:01:49 AM
has anyone ever tried putting the milk of human kindness in a cup of tea?

When her back was turned, yes.

katzenjammer

Quote from: Buelligan on November 19, 2020, 09:38:03 AM
As it's mostly Brits who infantilise their beverages with milkiness, I doubt it.

Cafe con leche, café au lait anyone?

Buelligan

Yep.  Coffee with milk, not coffee.  Like bread with engine oil, not bread.  There's a reason for the additional words there.  Go and ask for a café and see what happens to your account.

JaDanketies

We Brits tore apart a third of the world in pursuit of tea. Millions were oppressed and slaughtered so we could have a nice cup of tea, with milk and perhaps even sugar. I'm happy to assume we were on to something.

El Unicornio, mang

I tried it without milk once, wasn't really my cup of tea.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: phes on November 19, 2020, 07:41:18 AM
Tit juice tastes odd to me thesedays. Switching to alternatives was the easiest of the changes I made, did it overnight. Only problem I have is that soya often - but not always - separates from coffee. Anyone know if that's thats the soya or the coffee? (presumably soya as don't recall it with milk). Maybe there's something you can add a dash of to prevent it happening

Soap

An tSaoi

I've tried a few of the fake milks, and while most of them aren't as nice as the real thing, I found oat milk to be the best. I've got so used to it that it has replaced real milk in my mind as the proper taste, so that when I had some real milk by chance, it seemed weird.

flotemysost

Quote from: JaDanketies on November 19, 2020, 08:49:40 AM
Yeah that soya milk separation thing is weird. It seems like there are a million variables - filter coffee vs instant coffee, the temperature of the milk vs the temperature of the coffee.... okay two variables.

I got quite into making milky latte-type coffees during the first lockdown (because I'm an unrefined blubbering infant) with a milk frother, but I hate the taste/digestive effect of cow's milk, so normally went for soya or oat - soya actually performed better in the heating up/frothing part.

Prefer the taste of oat though, and that's definitely the best when dashed into tea. I gather it's generally thought to be the greener option too.

Menu

Quote from: flotemysost on November 19, 2020, 11:14:57 PM
I got quite into making milky latte-type coffees during the first lockdown (because I'm an unrefined blubbering infant) with a milk frother, but I hate the taste/digestive effect of cow's milk, so normally went for soya or oat - soya actually performed better in the heating up/frothing part.

Prefer the taste of oat though, and that's definitely the best when dashed into tea. I gather it's generally thought to be the greener option too.

I settled on Almond Milk because - and correct me if I'm wrong on any of these - Oat Milk has too much sugar, Soya Milk turns me into a woman, and Split Pea Milk tastes like Satan's pre-cum.

flotemysost

Quote from: JaDanketies on November 19, 2020, 09:57:08 AM
We Brits tore apart a third of the world in pursuit of tea. Millions were oppressed and slaughtered so we could have a nice cup of tea, with milk and perhaps even sugar. I'm happy to assume we were on to something.

Although as per my last post I do generally have a wee soupçon of milk (substitute) in my tea, the thought that some of my ancestors were probably massacred so that this unholy abomination could become a British national institution is pretty grim:

Needs a Sports Direct mug for maximum deso

thugler

Quote from: Menu on November 19, 2020, 11:20:52 PM
I settled on Almond Milk because - and correct me if I'm wrong on any of these - Oat Milk has too much sugar, Soya Milk turns me into a woman, and Split Pea Milk tastes like Satan's pre-cum.

Depends on which version of oat milk you get but yeah generally it does as the oats have been fermented a bit I think. I tend to get the oat milk designed for coffee that has a bit of oil in it to imitate the texture of full fat milk a little better. However if you're just drinking it in tea/coffee your not exactly guzzling it down anyway.

Menu

Quote from: thugler on November 20, 2020, 01:49:14 PM
Depends on which version of oat milk you get but yeah generally it does as the oats have been fermented a bit I think. I tend to get the oat milk designed for coffee that has a bit of oil in it to imitate the texture of full fat milk a little better. However if you're just drinking it in tea/coffee your not exactly guzzling it down anyway.

I only use it for cereal and I find Almond Milk works fine for Weetabix and his younger sister Oatibix.