Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:15:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Have You Ever Known Someone Called Felix?

Started by Dr Rock, November 16, 2020, 08:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QDRPHNC

I know a Felix, he wasn't posh, wiped his snot on the wall.

Icehaven

Do strange things happen, are you going round the Twix.

kittens

used to do boning on a lady called harriet

Jockice

Quote from: Jockice on November 19, 2020, 06:37:02 PM
When I was a kid in Carlisle, the family two doors up had a daughter called Harriet. And a son called Humphrey. They weren't posh as far as I can remember, but they did call their parents by their first names  which to the seven-year-old me seemed totally absurd. I think they were both younger than me as well. Even today (if my mum and dad were alive) I don't think I could do that.

I forgot to mention that a couple of years after we moved away, I was watching a programme called It's Childsplay, which was hosted by Morecambe and Wise and involved plays written by children and performed by professional actors - and Humphrey was on it.

He'd written what he obviously saw as a great work of literature (unless he'd somehow developed a sense of humour in the time since I'd last saw him) and Eric and Ernie just took the piss. Good. As far as I know, Humphrey never wrote for TV again.

willbo

KennyMonster

Quote from: imitationleather on November 16, 2020, 10:20:28 PM
There was a Felix at my school.

It is a name for posh slackers who act like they'd be able to handle themselves on an estate but would never, ever go to one.

KennyMonster

Uncle Buck seemed to think all Felix's were c*nts too.

[Chanice is listening to an answering machine message from Buck]
Buck : I think about those two little dimples on your buns. Hahaha.
Chanice Kobolowski : Dimples!
Buck : What do we call them? One, one was on the right was Lyndon and left was.
Chanice Kobolowski : It's Johnson.
Buck : Johnson.
[Chanice laughs]
Buck : And then there was your boobs we did. Now, your boobs were Minnie and Mickey, I remember that because of Disney World. And Felix! Felix is what we called your.
[cut to the next scene, where a cat meows loudly]

gilbertharding

Some friends of mine called their kid Felix, but their surname is extremely common (like - the most common English surname there is), so it's probably handy he's not called John, or Pete or something.

Mr Trumpet

I knew a Harriet in sixth form. She was quite posh and had previously been in a very up-market girls' school in the town.

I quite like the name Felix? It was on our baby name list but we went with something else in the end (Tarquin obvs)

northernrebel

Yes, quite a hard man and a good bit of rough (it was sexual, very much so, and this was in Germany). I don't think of cat food when I think of Felix, at any rate.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

I used to go out with someone whose dad was called Felix. A grumpy old twat who stubbornly insisted on pronouncing musician's names incorrectly. So Bob Dylan was Bob DYElan and Duane Eddy was DOOWAN Eddy.

This wasn't something he did on a daily basis, admittedly, it only happened once when I was playing Trivial Pursuit with him and my girlfriend. But it certainly gives you a measure of the man.

flotemysost

I went to school with one, he was probably solidly middle class but not like outrageously posh as far as I remember. I think his family was Polish so it might have been a Catholic thing. I think it's quite a nice name.

Jockice

Quote from: Blinder Data on November 17, 2020, 03:54:12 PM
Arthur was the third most popular boy's name in England and Wales last year - a classroom full of Arthurs! Unthinkable. Be brave and make your child the only Gary in the school.

Yeah, I know someone who has a son called Arthur. In my entire childhood (which as I've previously pointed out involved living in several places and going to five different schools) I only ever met one person of that name. Known by everyone as Snotty Arthur because of the constant discharge from his nose.

Anyway, about 15 years ago I mentioned him on another forum (I think it was a discussion about childhood nicknames) and someone else immediately went: "Arthur Cocker!'' I had no recollection of his surname (I lived in that area for under two years, moving when I was ten) but it was him. It turned out that this random woman lived on the road behind ours. She's around my sister's age but they went to different schools and had never knowingly met. I've met her a couple of times since then and now her and my sister (who still lives in the same city) are firm friends.

So thanks Snotty Arthur. My sister can't remember him though.

Mobbd

Quote from: imitationleather on November 16, 2020, 10:20:28 PM
It is a name for posh slackers who act like they'd be able to handle themselves on an estate but would never, ever go to one.

Wish I was one of those. Might change my name.

Kankurette

Yes, there was a guy in my year called Felix in primary school. It was in Brighton.