Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:23:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Suzanne Moore quits The Guardian [split topic]

Started by Sebastian Cobb, November 16, 2020, 07:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaDanketies

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 16, 2020, 07:43:55 PM
Moore GONE
https://twitter.com/suzanne_moore/status/1328376117900750851

For me, the first three replies I see are Jess Phillips, the LGB Alliance (transphobic hate-group) and RCRamps, who I think is a KiwiFarms anti-trans doxer and Helen Staniland's second-biggest fan. Certainly doesn't endear me to Jess Phillips any more than I already was. Scroll a little further down and it's like characters from a Glinner drama, plus Ian Dunt.

Is the Guardian getting better again in this post-Corbyn Bidenesque world of dreary centrist neoliberalism? If it is, it's too little too late. I agree with our man AyoFrank here, who says:

QuoteI love the replies. Lefties abandoned the Guardian a while ago over the hardline anti-Corbyn stance. Now the centrist melts, the core audience, are disillusioned with the paper too because one of their heroines got the boot.
It's the end of the Guardian, who will read it now?

Sebastian Cobb

The first reply I saw was someone asking what right-wing rag their bigotry will be available in now, lol.

Zetetic

I wonder what Milne will think of as his legacy.

pancreas

Someone could ask the same of any of us, really.

Zetetic

I like to think I'm still on track for a net zero, after rounding.

king_tubby

Ha, I did a cursory look for this thread to post about Moore. Has she left the Guardian because it's not transphobic enough? Or have they stopped subsidising the gin?

Annie Labuntur

QuoteReplying to
@suzanne_moore
Good luck for what is next.  Hope we will still be able to read your writing

@suzanne_moore  I am still unable to read your writing.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Fucking A

Get her off the map

Is she on the map? Wipe her off the map.

dissolute ocelot

Ah remember the happy days when Suzanne Moore was feuding with Germaine Greer and yet both of them were utterly wrong. Although in fairness, Moore did take the piss out of Laurence Fox so she can't be entirely opposed to identity politics. Unless she now fancies a job with his new political party, of course. She, Simon Jenkins, and Hadley Freeman striding out to battle.

I was going to remark about how the Guardian had so many hate-mongering columnists, but that's the job of all newspaper columnists, isn't it?

Zetetic

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on November 16, 2020, 09:14:33 PM
Ah remember the happy days when Suzanne Moore was feuding with Germaine Greer and yet both of them were utterly wrong.

I suspect Greer probably wasn't utterly wrong about why she had a hysterectomy at 25 and how she feels about it.

peanutbutter

"For now that's all I have to say"

She's gonna accuse Owen Jones of bullying her or something, isn't she?

jobotic

Well The Spectator are pretending to be outraged, which tells me all I need to know.

I reckon she'll be okay.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: jobotic on November 16, 2020, 10:33:21 PM
Well The Spectator are pretending to be outraged, which tells me all I need to know.

I reckon she'll be okay.

Yes, after spending her entire career complaining about being oppressed her privilege and connections will see her through this. Meanwhile all the women who needed a Corbyn government will just have to ignore her own shitty role in preventing that.

idunnosomename

she should get together with Lozza Fox because she looks like she hums as bad

BlodwynPig

Urinal Cake

Elizabeth Moss-> Girl Boss

Coming to a Substack near you.

buttgammon

Quote from: jobotic on November 16, 2020, 10:33:21 PM

I reckon she'll be okay.

I was about to make a joke about how she'll get a gig spitting venom in The Spectator but it seems reality is already a step ahead.

idunnosomename

the absolute meltdown from middle-of-the-road hacks over this non-entity who I don't even remember reading except for her horrible TERFy tweets is delightful.

imagine if all these cunts lost their cushty establishment media pay cheques and had to open their own patreons like young creatives have these days. they wouldnt last a month without the privilege of being rammed down our throats

phantom_power

That's less people than there were journalists who complained about her

buttgammon

imitationleather

Surely the real story of the night was the Magna Carta party only collecting 26 votes.

king_tubby

I don't remember all the Zone 2 blue ticks shitting themselves when Dawn Foster was binned off by the Guardian for calling Tom Watson a cunny.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quotethe absolute meltdown from middle-of-the-road hacks over this non-entity who I don't even remember reading except for her horrible TERFy tweets is delightful

I think of how close some of them are to posting 'PC gone Mad' only to be confronted by the bigot they have become / always were but didn't realise.

Quite exquisite.

Janie Jones

jobotic

Just in case anyone feels bad for her

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/apr/18/breiviks-ideology-is-all-too-familiar?fbclid=IwAR2KgE5E6T8wKjB4uI0bbLEF6l5ONOGd4QA1rfX_JAhiXu1Q_ZGdtSDb_bo

I know its bullying to bring up an article in a national newspaper that someone was paid very well to write, but I'm left-wing, that's how we are.

Blue Jam

The Graun have let go their top Marsha from Spaced lookalike. Goodbye, Kitten.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: jobotic on November 17, 2020, 10:59:51 AM
Just in case anyone feels bad for her

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/apr/18/breiviks-ideology-is-all-too-familiar?fbclid=IwAR2KgE5E6T8wKjB4uI0bbLEF6l5ONOGd4QA1rfX_JAhiXu1Q_ZGdtSDb_bo

I know its bullying to bring up an article in a national newspaper that someone was paid very well to write, but I'm left-wing, that's how we are.

'I wish extremists stopped making xenophobia look bad'

'I can't write, 'It's political correctness gone mad' so need to talk around it. Handily that will fill the word count I need to file this.'