Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:18:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Suzanne Moore quits The Guardian [split topic]

Started by Sebastian Cobb, November 16, 2020, 07:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 17, 2020, 11:02:26 AM
The Graun have let go their top Marsha from Spaced lookalike. Goodbye, Kitten.

Honestly her most significantly endearing quality since i love marsha like a warm and ashy smelling hug. Comforting.

Buelligan

I love Marsha too. 

Quote from: jobotic on November 17, 2020, 10:59:51 AM
Just in case anyone feels bad for her

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/apr/18/breiviks-ideology-is-all-too-familiar?fbclid=IwAR2KgE5E6T8wKjB4uI0bbLEF6l5ONOGd4QA1rfX_JAhiXu1Q_ZGdtSDb_bo

I know its bullying to bring up an article in a national newspaper that someone was paid very well to write, but I'm left-wing, that's how we are.

Dear god.  Just read a bit of that.  What an utter cunt.

jobotic

pancreas

Quote from: Janie Jones on November 17, 2020, 10:35:37 AM
Wow.

Come on, she obviously reeks of Chanel. Plus there are small birds making a nest in her hair.

Buelligan

I think three fat inches of cleavage was the least sisterly bit, if I'm honest.  I always saw it as builder's bum, viewed through the back of an office chair.  Not awfully attractive.

Hand Solo

Her daddy read the law
She didn't know that I was poor
And lived outside the law

Sebastian Cobb

The Iain Duncan Smiths have taken the piss out of blue ticks rushing to the defence.

https://twitter.com/TheIDSmiths/status/1328627289261797381

Anything involving Rick James is alright with me.

Buelligan

kngen

Quote from: jobotic on November 17, 2020, 10:59:51 AM
Just in case anyone feels bad for her

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/apr/18/breiviks-ideology-is-all-too-familiar?fbclid=IwAR2KgE5E6T8wKjB4uI0bbLEF6l5ONOGd4QA1rfX_JAhiXu1Q_ZGdtSDb_bo

I know its bullying to bring up an article in a national newspaper that someone was paid very well to write, but I'm left-wing, that's how we are.

Quote from: Cretinous TERF columnist who's relevance has long since fadedGet on a bus and you will hear many a robust exchange about "ethnicity" which polite and political conversation is afraid of.

I think Julie Burchill might even balk at that kind of disingenuous 'Hey Guardian liberals, I'm reporting from the frontline of the class and culture wars so you don't have to get your hands dirty, and not at all basing my bollocks opinions on a couple of videos shared on Twitter'.

I'm not saying she hasn't been on a bus in the last, oooh, 25 years. I just don't think the shuttles that take you between Heathrow terminals really count as rubbing shoulders with the hoi polloi on public transport.

Zetetic

I'd suggest, much though it displeases me to do so, that Julie Burchill is capable of making a not-completely-stupid point once in a while (although invariably unable to avoid decorating with a wide area of hateful nonsense, to the best of my recollection[nb]Which I suppose has the benefit of making me question why I agree with whatever fragment I do agree with.[nb]At least I think that's a benefit. I suppose I'm not really very pleased that all of radical feminism is being so thoroughly undermined at the moment by its most vocal British proponents obsession with transwomen.[/nb][/nb]).

king_tubby

I'm seeing a few things saying this is voluntary redundancy as part of the Guardian's cost cutting exercise, and not a 'sacked for speaking TRUTH' as is being implied.

Buelligan

Quote from: Zetetic on November 17, 2020, 01:41:20 PM
I suppose I'm not really very pleased that all of radical feminism is being so thoroughly undermined at the moment by its most vocal British proponents obsession with transwomen.

Don't worry, I don't think it is being undermined.  Who, what, could ever do that? 

A load of nasty yap's being going on, mostly from some predictable old farts, meanwhile, radical feminism makes a cup of tea and continues.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The Ian Duncan Smiths video was very amusing, thanks for sharing. xx

idunnosomename

it's this initial TERF lovebombing where they really over-exaggerate the person's achievement

"lo! Su'zanne Moore! cast out from the guardian's hallowed halls. every word she typed was like divine nectar, such drops of wisdom we beheld in awe: this titaness of the column, a maestro, shunned by blunted trolls with tiny balls."

jobotic

I've loathed Primal Scream for many a year. Now I feel all clever.

The original Kasabian. Fuck off.

kngen

Quote from: king_tubby on November 17, 2020, 01:46:01 PM
I'm seeing a few things saying this is voluntary redundancy as part of the Guardian's cost cutting exercise, and not a 'sacked for speaking TRUTH' as is being implied.

Quote"She left because she understood the value of defiance the large chunk of her VR payment that isn't taxable if it's taken before the end of the year"

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: jobotic on November 17, 2020, 02:03:41 PM

I was just thinking this morning that this is generational, this Britpop centrism. They all kind of got rich and well known around the same time, all wedded to a similar political philosophy and moment in Britain's history.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 17, 2020, 02:14:52 PM
I was just thinking this morning that this is generational, this Britpop centrism. They all kind of got rich and well known around the same time, all wedded to a similar political philosophy and moment in Britain's history.

I was kind of hoping Gillespie had swerved this based on him getting derided for being a silly sixth former on Newsweek for being vaguely leftwing then sitting ashen-faced as the pricks danced around him during the outro.

Not that I think his political opinions would be particularly worth listening to.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Of that generation, maybe Jarvis 'Cunts Are Still Running the World' Cocker is the only notable exception. I recall him saying in an interview that he supported Corbyn, and his deep loathing of all things Tory is a matter of record. As for Primal Scream, they have always been a bunch of clueless fucking idiots.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on November 17, 2020, 02:26:18 PM
Of that generation, maybe Jarvis 'Cunts Are Still Running the World' Cocker is the only notable exception. I recall him saying in an interview that he supported Corbyn, and his deep loathing of all things Tory is a matter of record. As for Primal Scream, they have always been a bunch of clueless fucking idiots.

Hard to imagine the Reid brothers liking the tories isn't it? Perhaps they do I've no idea.

Buelligan

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on November 17, 2020, 02:26:18 PM

Agree about Cocker.  He's a lovely old cocker.

chveik

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 17, 2020, 02:28:07 PM
Hard to imagine the Reid brothers liking the tories isn't it? Perhaps they do I've no idea.

not a britpop band

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 17, 2020, 02:28:07 PM
There's a bit in the 'Magpie Eyes...' Creation book from 1986 or so, where Smash Hits are asking top pop stars about abolishing the royal family. The Reid brothers umm and ahh in non-committal fashion, while Chris Lowe suggests publicly executing them, leaving Alan McGee fuming that his protegees had been out-punked by one of the Pet Shop Boys.

Capt.Midnight

Quote from: jobotic on November 17, 2020, 02:03:41 PM

The original Kasabian. Fuck off.

Live in Japan is a very good album, however. This is an official fact.

Sebastian Cobb

In my head this is now the only time Lowe has piped up in a PSB's interview.