Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,183
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:17:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Suzanne Moore quits The Guardian [split topic]

Started by Sebastian Cobb, November 16, 2020, 07:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frajer

Can always sniff out a terfy boomer from the text-image jpegs so shitty they would make the 1990s blush.

Open image -> Insert textbox -> Put text wherever your mouse happened to land, click save and upload.

Jumblegraws

What do youse reckon, is this glittering symposium going to freshen up Glinner's profile or lower Moore's?

JaDanketies

So here's a question; why is it that Suzanne Moore is blind enough to Glinner's mad bullying of little people as to condone or support the man? I thought the same about Wossy's muted support, too. I suppose there are three / four possibilities.

• I'm totally wrong about Glinner and he's a fine man who is not a bully
  • Suzanne Moore is aware that Glinner is a bully and thinks it's okay to support bullies because she is an amoral shithead
  • Suzanne Moore is unaware Glinner is a bully cos she hasn't really paid attention to anything he's ever said on the internet
  • Suzanne Moore does not recognise that Glinner is a bully because she does not recognise his behaviour as bullying - as is the case of many of these media folk, it seems

Because there are many other transphobes she could've gone to and she's gone for Glinner, who is recognised as a toxic brand even by his own side.

Mister Six

Fantastic, hope she destroys herself by association.

frajer

"Us Substackers gotta stack subs together, Suzanne! Support each other's stacking of subs!"

"Now you're talking sense, Graham - I'm in."

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: JaDanketies on December 14, 2020, 04:41:02 PM

• I'm totally wrong about Glinner and he's a fine man who is not a bully
[/s]
  • Suzanne Moore is aware that Glinner is a bully and thinks it's okay to support bullies because she is an amoral shithead
  • Suzanne Moore is unaware Glinner is a bully cos she hasn't really paid attention to anything he's ever said on the internet
[/s]
  • Suzanne Moore does not recognise that Glinner is a bully because she does not recognise his behaviour as bullying - as is the case of many of these media folk, it seems

So is she surrounding herself with him? I have to say I keep quite a good diet away from this kindof stuff and I'm not seriously on Twitter or Facebook.  From the little I know and despite CAB being more obsessed with Glinner than is healthy for itself, it seems obvious that he has been engaging in bullying and has promoted bullies and vile statements online.  Now I don't know if he has made serious attempts to distance himself from these people - my reading from here is absolutely not and it is more a case of doubling down really - but my sense is that he is committed to this view that trans-women are a danger to cis-women (I'm only saying this because that is my understanding so please do tell me if i'm wrong).

So that viewpoint is probably what they are focusing on; they don't accept that this is a discriminatory view because they don't accept trans-women as women; seeing them as men; and men are fair game for attacking (my points going back that this isn't just as simple as TERFism, to them it isn't about excluding trans-women from feminism but excluding men; as they do not recognise trans-women as women). Moore is blind to this because she is/was the kindof feminist that was blind mens problems[nb]of which growing up in the wrong body is one[/nb]; which in this case and from her perspective are men wanting the same rights as women and not men who feel they are not comfortable with their biologically assigned sex (as mentioned it really is all about trans-women and not trans-men).  I really hope i'm not getting anything wrong here; this is just my take and if I'm getting anything wrong please tell me as I am really trying to learn stuff here[nb]PS my overall view is just everyone deserves respect and to feel safe and it is incumbent on all of us to ensure this is the case and protect vulnerable people from the dark messy side of humans - this however can come across as bit convenient and nebulous (i don't think it is but i understand why people might think that - it really doesn't stop me punching racists if I have to)[/nb]

So TLDR; her and the media don't see it as bullying because; they simply don't agree with the premises; even though this obvious from the behaviours which could be about any vulnerable group.  She may well have stepped through that mental door where empathy is removed for expediency and she simply can't feel the pain of anyone outside of her interest group.  Glinner is just a potential ally (who has different cause in a way) in this and the nasty online harassers are necessary; oikish and uncouth but she knows turning on your audience that someone else that will feed their anger and could take her place; therefore there is a certain amount of internal denial of what is going on; leading to things like skipping over quickly examples of bullying or becoming highly defensive when asked about such things - as in there somewhere is the knowledge she is being complicit in some bad shit and tickling it makes her uncomfortable.

Her is here writing a few year back in the NS; sadly sounds quite familiar:

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/feminism/2016/09/suzanne-moore-why-i-was-wrong-about-men

Quote from: Suzanne MooreMen. You can't live with them. You can't shoot them. Well, you can, but this is the New Statesman. And modern feminism spends most of its life not just bending over backwards, but in the doggy position, saying how much it likes men. "I'm a feminist but . . . I love men." Obviously I'm being a bit binary here, and when I write "men", I mean women, blokes, anyone fluid enough basically to be in charge.

I once adhered to this. I didn't want to put anyone off. I used to call feminism "sexual politics", because that sounded way more sexy. Hey, I'm no man-hater – on the contrary. Look at me. Men? Can't get enough of them, the poor, damaged critters. It's not their fault. They're as screwed up by the patriarchy as ordinary women, probably even more so.

All the special boys. What about the ones who were abused at public school and now run everything but can't express their emotions properly? All the man victims, trapped by masculinity. Who could hate them? Their oppression is structural. You can't hate them individually, can you?

You know what? I can. Please don't confuse that with bitterness. I am in touch with my emotions enough to know the difference between personal hurt and class hatred. As a class, I hate men. I've changed my mind. I am no longer reasonable.
[/list]

frajer

How many subs could a Substack stack if a Substack could stack subs

GoblinAhFuckScary

Don't really mean to be rude, Trenter, but I think this is all the same thing that's been said over and over and over and over and over and over and i think cab can do well to stop repeating itself so much on some things

bgmnts

QuoteClementina
@Rosemar63678253
·
12 Jan
Replying to
@suzanne_moore
Blimey! Never thought I'd buy the Telegraph

Grim.

Twonty Gostelow

Hopefully her presence will inspire Allison Pearson's column to even greater heights and vice versa.

Mister Six

Quote from: Leo2112 on January 14, 2021, 12:16:01 AM
The final part in any good cancellation tour, a regular column in the Telegraph

https://twitter.com/suzanne_moore/status/1348921942439571456

The saddest part being that the Telegraph used to be ahead of The Guardian and other rags on trans issues, even having a transgender columnist for a while.

dissolute ocelot

So are all her columns going to be "waaah don't say mean things to me" on different subjects?

EOLAN

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on January 14, 2021, 11:24:53 AM
So are all her columns going to be "waaah don't say mean things to me" on different subjects?

While going on every possible outlet saying she is the person who is having her voice silenced.

JaDanketies

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on January 14, 2021, 11:24:53 AM

in the Telegraph, as conclusive proof that conservatives are the real snowflakes.

Are we allowed to call Suzanne Moore a conservative now? "wow you believe that women should have the same opportunities as men." Surely the left has higher standards for entry?

GoblinAhFuckScary

didn't realise moore was still bangin' the transphobia drum

jobotic

What I've rather cleverly called the new progressive misogyny.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

jobotic

People are always contacting me privately to tell me how right I am about everything but say they're scared to do it publicly as I'm such a dangerous but brilliant person.

GoblinAhFuckScary