Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:02:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Suzanne Moore quits The Guardian [split topic]

Started by Sebastian Cobb, November 16, 2020, 07:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 17, 2020, 03:10:08 PM
In my head this is now the only time Lowe has piped up in a PSB's interview.

Hahaha! That would be absolutely perfect.

Mister Six

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 17, 2020, 11:02:26 AM
The Graun have let go their top Marsha from Spaced lookalike. Goodbye, Kitten.

Aw, don't say that. Marsha is a lovely, tragic figure with a heart of gold. She doesn't deserve to be linked to this ghastly creature.

Sherringford Hovis

Quote from: Mister Six on November 17, 2020, 03:44:05 PM
Marsha is a lovely, tragic figure

So, we like landlords now? It's a struggle to keep up with the Verbhive groupthink.

Urinal Cake

This is getting old. Controversial blue tick gets kicked out/leaves due to 'pressure' and other blue ticks sanctify them, 'What about freedom of speech? What about the marketplace of ideas? Woke has gone mad!'

You're no longer special. Thanks to social media we now know any idiot can have an opinion.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Sherringford Hovis on November 17, 2020, 05:15:33 PM
So, we like landlords now? It's a struggle to keep up with the Verbhive groupthink.

Don't do this! Already performing professional mental gymnastics to ignore the David Walliams episode.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Mister Six on November 17, 2020, 03:44:05 PM
Aw, don't say that. Marsha is a lovely, tragic figure with a heart of gold. She doesn't deserve to be linked to this ghastly creature.

Yeah, but...

Quote from: GoveevoG @gtweetz69
Replying to @gtweetz69 and @Mr_Considerate

'One more bottle of vino collapso and then I'll definitely get started on my Spectator piece ...'

11:14 AM · Nov 17, 2020

https://twitter.com/gtweetz69/status/1328657800927522816

ajsmith2

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on November 17, 2020, 11:48:13 AM
Honestly her most significantly endearing quality since i love marsha like a warm and ashy smelling hug. Comforting.

Not quoting it directly again to create one more copy of it, but it's worth repeating that I find the image contained in the original of your post truly terrifying. I mean I know that's the point given the attitude being parodied, but it's strong stuff. Really hits me in the Uncanny Valley.

Bernice

Andrew Weatherall was responsible for the only decent thing Primal Scream ever stuck their name on, and, while I can't speak for the dead, he was obviously to cool and genuinely interesting to ever be a TERF or give a shit about the fate of Suzanne fucking Moore.

It feels increasingly like the most vacuous elements of the 90s have escaped the dustbin of history and are desperately trying to set the agenda for the 20s.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Bernice on November 18, 2020, 08:53:42 AM
Andrew Weatherall was responsible for the only decent thing Primal Scream ever stuck their name on, and, while I can't speak for the dead, he was obviously to cool and genuinely interesting to ever be a TERF or give a shit about the fate of Suzanne fucking Moore.

It feels increasingly like the most vacuous elements of the 90s have escaped the dustbin of history and are desperately trying to set the agenda for the 20s.
Primal Scream were shit once Jim Beattie left (in 1987). Obviously Screamadelica was nothing to do with Bobby etc.

popcorn

Journalist Suzanne Moore delivers some tough love for aspiring writers in this laugh out loud thinkbomb from Mumsnet's Blogfest 2014.

deso

peanutbutter

After a lifetime of complicity supporting a Reagan/Thatcher driven society they're abruptly realising their own lack of effort to battle against it is gonna be judged. So they're trying to find ways to justify siding with it.

If I were one of the 300 guardian employees who signed the petition I'd be pretty pissed off that they still haven't actually addressed why they were platforming this absolute waste of space.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: ajsmith2 on November 18, 2020, 02:43:13 AM
I find the image contained in the original of your post truly terrifying. I mean I know that's the point given the attitude being parodied, but it's strong stuff. Really hits me in the Uncanny Valley.

Proper jarring innit. Gonna get lipfillers so I can look just like her xx

Capt.Midnight

I don't think they got the memo that the 'Edgy 90's' tone comes across as weird to anyone under 30.

Famous Mortimer

I've noticed the Twitter trend this week is to pretend they're completely unaware of any context and say "I'd never heard any of these claims about Moore, can you provide the links?", links are provided, they're never enough, etc. It's nice to see this style of trolling come back around for a week or so, I'd missed it.

Goldentony

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 17, 2020, 02:33:09 PM
Nor are Primal Scream.

Dogshit band, from the era, Manchester connection, cunt frontman, old radicals becoming blue tick glampers - Britpop

dissolute ocelot

It's weird that most of the Twitter support for Moore is people moaning about identity politics. Isn't feminism classed as identity politics any more?

AllisonSays

It's just a short hand for 'things i think are frivilous', innit.

Jumblegraws

Didn't Marsha sexually exploit Brian or am I remembering that worse than it was?

Kankurette

A dazzling career at the Spectator awaits. Bindel and Burchill did it.
Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 17, 2020, 01:04:57 PM
The Iain Duncan Smiths have taken the piss out of blue ticks rushing to the defence.

https://twitter.com/TheIDSmiths/status/1328627289261797381

Anything involving Rick James is alright with me.
I know the bloke behind them, I met him at a Space gig and it turned out he was a mate of my brother's as well. Lovely lad.

Kankurette

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on November 17, 2020, 02:26:18 PM
Of that generation, maybe Jarvis 'Cunts Are Still Running the World' Cocker is the only notable exception. I recall him saying in an interview that he supported Corbyn, and his deep loathing of all things Tory is a matter of record. As for Primal Scream, they have always been a bunch of clueless fucking idiots.
Bobby Gillespie's punk rock cred died the day his wedding appeared in Cheshire Life.

Space are pro-Corbyn but are very much the 'identity politics are evil' type of leftists. Also they're pro-BDS but played Qatar when Liverpool played there in 2019, which seems a tad inconsistent.

holyzombiejesus

It's weird with Primal Scream. Firstly (and I'm guessing this isn't a revelation to most people) I'm pretty sure they don't write the tweets from their account. Probably Bobby's brother or some employee. Having said that, I think they/ the account came out as very pro-Corbyn a while back. Secondly, he has done some decent stuff, politically, and he doesn't need much coaxing to talk about how much he absolutely despises Thatcher and the tories. Unfortunately, he's also a stupid hypocritical prick who sends his son to private boarding school. He was good on This Week though. I think Serge really disliked him too, despite him really liking some PS records.

Quote from: Urinal Cake on November 17, 2020, 09:34:26 PM
This is getting old. Controversial blue tick gets kicked out/leaves due to 'pressure' and other blue ticks sanctify them, 'What about freedom of speech? What about the marketplace of ideas? Woke has gone mad!'

You're no longer special. Thanks to social media we now know any idiot can have an opinion.

Yep.  It's the most entitled of people lashing out, being backed by other entitled cunts.  I can't think of a less important job than 'gobshite opinion writer for hire'.  Every single one of the should treat every single pay check as a blessing; another month has gone by where they've managed to steal a living.  Moore should be on her hands and knees thanking the Graun for employing her to give her ill-informed hack garbage a platform for so long.  Instead, she makes a snide, passive-aggressive comment, showing that a rapier wit and pithy writing style were never in her repertoire.  Fellow blue-tick gobshites always use these moments to claim that the loss of any of their jobs speaks of a deeper morass in society; not one points out that obvious that so many being employed in this field is what really speaks volumes.  Jobs for the boys (and girls). 

Normally, the 'cunt should get a proper job' stuff should be left to miserable pub bores.  But it absolutely applies in this case.  Get a proper job Moore, you fucking ingrate, and thank your lucky stars that your connections gave you such an easy life for so long.

jobotic

^ spot on

As for Gillespie, whatever he says about anything, whether it's right or wrong, he should just be told "Some Velvet Morning". Then he should slink off in shame, looking like the snake from the Gruffalo.

idunnosomename

For a writer her twitter is terrible. She keeps putting spaces before punctuation like thus . Crazy

jobotic

That's her twitter avatar? Ha ha ha ha

jobotic - board legend.

Kankurette

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 21, 2020, 09:14:09 AM

For a writer her twitter is terrible. She keeps putting spaces before punctuation like thus . Crazy
Those eyes are...something.

JaDanketies

makes me feel better about the E+ in art I got.

Are those triangles that surround her supposed to represent vaginas?

idunnosomename