Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:51:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

iTunes Playback speed

Started by Menu, November 17, 2020, 03:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menu

Do any of you know how you might be able to change the playback speed of audiobooks on iTunes? On Audible they give you that option and it's so much better. I'm pretty thick and if someone's talking at normal speed I get lost quite quickly. My iTunes is on my laptop which has Windows 10 as an operating system. I don't own any apple products. I'm assuming it's not possible but it's worth asking you lot.

Malcy

I'm sure I can do it on my iPad. On the top of iTunes does it not have a button that says x1 that you can click and change the speed? Can't seem to do it on the phone though.

Menu

Quote from: Malcy on November 17, 2020, 02:03:25 PM
I'm sure I can do it on my iPad. On the top of iTunes does it not have a button that says x1 that you can click and change the speed? Can't seem to do it on the phone though.

Thanks for the reply. No, there's nothing like that. And nothing in the dropdown menu under Control, which is where it should be. Frustrating.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Malcy on November 17, 2020, 02:03:25 PM

That only works for podcasts rather than other forms of media, and even then maybe only on iOS rather than iTunes.

OP, do you have many files like this? If not a huge number could you download something like Audacity, and use that to open the mp3, slow it down, then save as a new mp3? I think applications like VLC and QuickTime (among many others) have to ability to slow down play, so it might be a case of right clicking the file in iTunes, doing "show file in explorer" or whatever it's called, then opening in a separate app. Bit of a pain in the arse, but may be your only option.

Menu

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 17, 2020, 07:36:39 PM
That only works for podcasts rather than other forms of media, and even then maybe only on iOS rather than iTunes.

OP, do you have many files like this? If not a huge number could you download something like Audacity, and use that to open the mp3, slow it down, then save as a new mp3? I think applications like VLC and QuickTime (among many others) have to ability to slow down play, so it might be a case of right clicking the file in iTunes, doing "show file in explorer" or whatever it's called, then opening in a separate app. Bit of a pain in the arse, but may be your only option.

Thank you so much for this! I'll give it a go! probably make a mess of it.