Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,463
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:16:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"Background" games

Started by Utter Shit, November 17, 2020, 04:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetetic

Quote from: Hand Solo on November 22, 2020, 01:53:51 AM
Yes you can, you pull out of the emulator and it pauses, or just press start and it pauses whichever tickles your whatsoevers.
There's no way you're returning to Tetris game and getting back into the flow rapidly enough not to fuck up. You're just not being realistic.

Hand Solo

I finally played about 30 mins of Celeste on my Samsung TV, it's great, like a split of an old thing like Strider with newer Super Meat Boy physics. I love the split-pixel control work with the Strider-like surface sticking with the jumping and thrusting stuff and problem solving. And also you can die as many times as you like before solving a screen.

Good stuff.

lazarou

Quote from: MojoJojo on November 20, 2020, 01:28:06 PM
If you got it, probably a good time to search through the "Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality". I'm sure there must be plenty of good background games in there.

In a shameless self-promotion vein anyone who has this bundle already has a copy of my latest game Whirlibird, which is an arcadey pacifist chopper rescue game that's probably not like anything you've played lately. Unless you've recently played Cyclone on the spectrum which it is a 100% shameless tribute to. A typical stage runs around 5 minutes, running up to around 10 for the relative monster at the end.

madhair60

Hand Solo

Quote from: lazarou on November 25, 2020, 07:34:29 AM
In a shameless self-promotion vein anyone who has this bundle already has a copy of my latest game Whirlibird, which is an arcadey pacifist chopper rescue game that's probably not like anything you've played lately. Unless you've recently played Cyclone on the spectrum which it is a 100% shameless tribute to. A typical stage runs around 5 minutes, running up to around 10 for the relative monster at the end.

Looks good. Shame you didn't get the Silver Apples tune as a background music. Celeste was in the bundle as well, annoyed I didn't pick it up at the time.

JaDanketies

Downloaded childhood time-sink Theme Hospital as a result of this thread from GOG.

I've got a bunch of other childhood games downloaded too but the display is rotten or they don't even work. Might have to take my laptop to my brothers' at the next opportunity so he can do some free tech support.