Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:04:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Next Gen Consoles

Started by Chedney Honks, November 17, 2020, 07:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chedney Honks

Anyone stupid enough to get one of these cunts?

I flogged my One X and Pro to get the digital PS5, coming Thursday. Looking forward to Demon's but generally just wanted to reduce space, it cost me nothing, effectively. I have nothing else to live for any more besides movies (and my wife).

They both sound fine but I saw a guy crying with ecstasy about loading times so I had to put him down quietly.

Anyone

bgmnts

Yeah currently have the Series S. Its basically just an xbox one, i'm quite confused.

Spiteface

Anyone who buys a new console at launch, is fucking insane.

Also, there hasn't been any decent fighting games announced yet. Nothing new, anyway.

Chedney Honks

Cheers. Can't disagree mate. Demon's Souls does look fucking amazing though. I also haven't played on my PS4 for about four months so I've built some excitement, even just to finish all the games I didn't think were good enough to finish on the PS4.

Good news is that I have no interest in games at the moment so I probley build even more anticipation.

Still can't get over how big the PS5 is, and the flaps, the fucking flaps.

Quote from: Ludicrous Display on November 17, 2020, 07:23:09 PM
Still can't get over how big the PS5 is, and the flaps, the fucking flaps.

It looks like a Sky Q box in a ring binder. Not my words, Michael, the words of my 8 year old son.

Mister Six

Probably going to wait till the PS5 Pro or Mini or whatever it is comes out. I've got a ton of games to plough through on the PS4 as it is, and aside from overblown exclusives that everyone will eventually agree are shit years later anyway, the early games on any modern console generation are just ones from the last generation but with nicer shaders and filters, and maybe higher-res textures. I'm not going to drop $500 just to play Zero Dawn 2 with more realistic ponytail movements or whatever.[nb]Sorry, Chedney - if I could get one basically for free I would, so I'm not judging you or anything.[/nb]

So yeah, I'll probably get one in a year or two. Are there any PS5 full exclusives that look really compelling?

bgmnts

Quote from: Spiteface on November 17, 2020, 07:07:03 PM
Anyone who buys a new console at launch, is fucking insane.

Also, there hasn't been any decent fighting games announced yet. Nothing new, anyway.

Eh, it was 250 quid. About as cheap as a new console gets.

mobias

The PS5 is supposed to be a total beast and the haptic feedback with the new controller has be experienced before believing apparently. I will get one but I'll wait until there's a console exclusive game thats a must have. I don't see much on the horizon though.

I've got a decent gaming PC so I see absolutely no point in getting excited about the new Xbox.

Chedney Honks

Quote from: Mister Six on November 17, 2020, 08:01:44 PM
So yeah, I'll probably get one in a year or two. Are there any PS5 full exclusives that look really compelling?

The Demon's Souls reviews are basically 'this is the one of the greatest launch titles ever, and the only glimpse we have at what the next gen actually is', except plastered over an eleven-yo game mechanically speaking. Rave reviews, though. If you don't like Souls games, it won't change anyone's mind. It's the most obtuse of them all. Proper good stuff. Anyone who got into them at Bloodborne can go fuck themselves. Might as well play Clash of Clans.

Consignia

I was tempted, but then nothing excites about the next gen all I really wanted is a new controller since my PS4 one is knackered.

Mobius

Can't get hold of one here in Australia, all pre-orders are taken and apparently there'll be nothing doing until mid-January at the earliest which is shit.

There doesn't look like much worth playing at launch but can just play PS4 games with faster loading times I suppose.

mobias

It was the remastered GTAV that made me finally bite the bullet and get a PS4. It would be slightly amusing if it ends up being the remastered GTAV that makes me get a PS5 later next year.

peanutbutter

The PS5 controller sounds amazing, was hearing good things about the headphones too... Not totally sure Sony's approach with this quality hardware focus is gonna work when MS might just buy up every major developer they want though.

Have heard the way it improves performance of PS4 games can be pretty drastic. Modern Vintage Gamer on youtube says the improvements to The Last Guardian when playing it on PS5 drastically transform it.

Anyways, I just built a PC, and I'll probs get a new processor and GPU in 2 years instead of getting one of these consoles. I might get one of the gamepads though. Is there much point in getting a PS5 one for a PC? Can you simultaneously use it as a wireless speaker/mic on a PC too or anything like that?

I heard the ps5 was backwards compatible and I've got a fancy brook universal fighting board in my stick now so I did look into it.

It would have been nice to play the m2 ports, dangun feveron and ketsui deathtiny and that new aleste branch game when it comes out, but they were asking 500 quid! You can build a decent pc for that! I just couldn't justify it for a few games.

My nephew isn't shouting for one yet. It was a good couple of years last time before the new consoles had games he wanted, before his friends had moved over, and he plays on pc mostly.

Chedney Honks

Digital one is £350 but obviously that's a trick to lure cunts (I got that one) and depend if you already got them on the Bobby Digital.

I'll let yall know if it's dogshit. I can't be fagged with supercunts and I got bored of the first cunner within a few hours but even I think Miles Morales looks spectacular.

Mister Six

Quote from: Chedney Honks on November 17, 2020, 08:41:16 PM
The Demon's Souls reviews are basically 'this is the one of the greatest launch titles ever, and the only glimpse we have at what the next gen actually is', except plastered over an eleven-yo game mechanically speaking. Rave reviews, though. If you don't like Souls games, it won't change anyone's mind. It's the most obtuse of them all. Proper good stuff. Anyone who got into them at Bloodborne can go fuck themselves. Might as well play Clash of Clans.

Never played any of the Soulsborne stuff, so cigs regardless, but that bigging up of a launch title that's basically just the same old shit you played last gen, only with fancier shadows and particle physics or whatever, is exactly what I was talking about before.

mobias

Quote from: peanutbutter on November 17, 2020, 09:17:17 PM
I might get one of the gamepads though. Is there much point in getting a PS5 one for a PC? Can you simultaneously use it as a wireless speaker/mic on a PC too or anything like that?

I don't think there's any point in getting a PS5 controller for your PC. All its bells and whistles will only work with PS5 I'm sure. The only way you can get a PS4 controller to work with a PC is by fooling your PC into thinking its got an Xbox controller connected to it. Its what I do. The speaker and mic don't work. 

Chedney Honks

Quote from: Mister Six on November 17, 2020, 09:52:08 PM
Never played any of the Soulsborne stuff, so cigs regardless, but that bigging up of a launch title that's basically just the same old shit you played last gen, only with fancier shadows and particle physics or whatever, is exactly what I was talking about before.

Bit reductive I would say given what they've actually done with it. A lot of outlets saying it's the best looking game ever made. I do take the point, though. At least Sony actually have some next gen games unlike the people's choice consumer champion buddy boys lil ol' M$ charity lads.

Quote from: Chedney Honks on November 17, 2020, 09:36:59 PMDigital one is £350 but obviously that's a trick to lure cunts (I got that one)

Haha, I don't mind going digital. I'm not some sick grabber posting photographs of my latest haul on reddit.
I think I might be able to convince myself I need one at that price, eventually. Play some of the ports I've missed and then give it to my nephew when he starts eyeing them up.

Mister Six

Quote from: Chedney Honks on November 17, 2020, 10:08:35 PM
Bit reductive I would say given what they've actually done with it. A lot of outlets saying it's the best looking game ever made.

I just had an absolute blast playing The Evil Within, which looks all right but is basically an upscaled PS3-gen shooter with Resi 4 controls. "Best looking game ever made" doesn't really do it for me, and I'm sure that by the time I get a PS5 most games on the system are going to look as good as Demon's Souls. 

The Order: 1886 was one of the best looking games ever made when it came out and now I'm probably one of the only people who even remembers it existed.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Mister Six on November 17, 2020, 09:52:08 PM
Bloodborne is alright (and no more than that). Dark Souls is shit for cunts and Demons' Souls is the even crapper version of that. It buggers belief that anyone would think it's a worthwhile launch title.

Bazooka

No way not yet, still good shit coming out on PS4 not worth it, even Bugsnax is on PS4.

Mister Six

Just watched a vid of PS5 Demon's Souls and it looks... fine? Really nice swirly particle effects and the shadows are good, but that's not worth $500 to me, and that shit is going to be in every shitty game regardless in a few years. I'll hold off.

Mister Six

(Sorry again Chebney. As I said, if I was getting one for free because I was basically getting rid of my PS4 and an Xbox I don't play any more, it'd be well worth doing, especially with the backwards compatibility.)

Chedney Honks

There's no need to apologise hehe. I would rather they just released the actual PS3 game without all the froth. To me - someone who knows what the fuck is up - I prefer the look of the original and the stripped down soundtrack. Less is more, in my opinion, but it does look very tarty. I'm just making the point that it has reviewed extremely well and is supposed to be the only real 'next gen' experience available. It's not The Order, fur coat and no fanny. It's Demon's Souls. Even for those too intellectually, emotionally, and mechanically stunted to appreciate it - not you, who hasn't played it - it's one of the most influential and innovative games of the last decade. I think it will be one of the most returned games ever released, which will only reinforce its quality. Most people are stupid.

Mister Six

Quote from: Chedney Honks on November 18, 2020, 05:14:52 AM
Even for those too intellectually, emotionally, and mechanically stunted to appreciate it - not you, who hasn't played it

Although I am definitely all three of those things.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Chedney Honks on November 18, 2020, 05:14:52 AM
It's Demon's Souls. Even for those too intellectually, emotionally, and mechanically stunted to appreciate it
Says it all, really.

Swoz_MK

Street Fighter 6 coming to Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC, PS5 and PS4so I'm buying FUCK ALL.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I'll wait a couple of years for the second revision consoles that are smaller, cheaper and hopefully with bigger hard drives installed.