Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:48:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Next Gen Consoles

Started by Chedney Honks, November 17, 2020, 07:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chedney Honks

It certainly can, as well as that shooing pain up your urethra. Awful :(

Quote from: Chedney Honks on December 05, 2020, 11:11:37 AMit's very noticeable going back to PS4 games how unsophisticated the rumble is in comparison.

Sold!

Bazooka

What about going back to N64 rumble pack?  That is the only true test. Boot up Demon's Souls on there and report back.

Chedney Honks

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on December 05, 2020, 11:49:36 AM
Sold!

Haha. I actually laughed.

I really would enjoy your thoughts on one of the big cinematic style AAA games one day. Is there anything at all that you would find entertaining about one of them? I really couldn't say, and I'm never going to try to convince you, but it'd be interesting and probably spawn some funny comments.

Maybe you could start a reaction channel on YT!

Chedney Honks

Quote from: Bazooka on December 05, 2020, 11:50:37 AM
What about going back to N64 rumble pack?  That is the only true test. Boot up Demon's Souls on there and report back.

No comparison mate. N64 BASS CANNON wins every time.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Chedney Honks on December 05, 2020, 11:38:22 AM
It certainly can, as well as that shooing pain up your urethra. Awful :(
You should probably book an appointment with a urologist.

Chedney Honks

Doesn't everyone have intermittent shooting pains they can't explain every twenty to thirty minutes? Just one of them things.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Only if they're suffering a malady of the dickhole.

QDRPHNC

Yeah, didn't mean to be pissy, sorry. I've heard very good things about the controller, but I need more before I'll spend that type of money.

madhair60

I've got a Series X but I want a PS5 just for Demon's Souls really. I think the remake looks shite but it's still another Souls game and they're basically the best, so give it.

Thursday

I wish I wasn't so bored of video games and I could be excited about something else. Everything else is even more boring than video games, so I'm not sure what to do.

DenzilHolles

I'll be getting a PS5 as soon as they're widely available, I've not been too fussed to be refreshing all the retailer's sites to check on stock and I didn't get my arse in gear for the pre-orders. I don't think there'll be too many amazing games for a year or two, as it is was with the PS4, and I wouldn't expect much change in price in that timeframe. But for me,  it's half for Demon's Souls , and half to play existing games with the Pro/Ps5 updates, as I put off getting a Pro as soon as I heard the Ps5 was on its way and was back-compatible. I understand that with some particular PSVR games ( such as Skyrim VR, that I've been waiting to play) the difference is night and day. Really excited for it, the only pisser is the hard drive size, as an extra SSD is going to be a few hundred extra quid if you want to store any decent amount on it.

Chedney Honks

I have an external HDD and you can move games between the internal and external very quickly.

Quote from: Chedney Honks on December 05, 2020, 12:24:03 PMMaybe you could start a reaction channel on YT!

I'm sure we can all agree that what the world needs is more fat snarky wanks on youtube telling us what they don't like :D

Aw man, I kept seeing all the hype on gaming forums about the latest and greatest and kept getting drawn back in, giving AAA gaming another chance.

2013 was the last time I came back for another sniff.
The double whammy of the tomb raider reboot (love tomb raider! cool jumping puzzles, shooting the odd bat. Fuck knows what that game was but I played it for four hours and fuck all happened) and dead space 3.

The first dead space was so cool with the combat being slow and intentionally cumbersome with a pad, it worked so well, light survival horror, lovely little game.
Turned it into another fucking cover shooter with micro-transactions, didn't they? Threads full of people defending it.

I think growing up with the speccy and playing loads of mad weird things made by oddballs driven crazy huffing their own farts in stuffy bedrooms, or small teams, buying loads of public domain stuff on the amiga, I've always just liked those smaller games more than the big productions, found them more interesting.

I really like arcady gamey games as well which a lot of smaller games have to shoot for. If you haven't got the money and manpower to impress with graphics and assets and huge open worlds and stuff, you'd better make damn sure the gameplay is hot.

Those big mainstream games are just so disrespectful of your time as well. I want to sit down for an hour or however long and spend my gaming time gaming.

The price and install size of those things just keeps going up as well. Paying 50 quid and spending 3 days downloading something I'm probably not gonna like and get bored of within a few hours.

I think I've just found the stuff I like nowadays and stick to it. Always happy to try new genres or dip my toe in something different, but I know what I'm getting with most of those big games and I know I won't get much out of them, personally.

Mister Six

Intrigued by all the haptic stuff, but right now I'm having a blast playing Wasteland 3, which honestly looks like absolute shit even for PS4 gen, but I guess I just don't really care about graphics and dongles so much any more...

Timothy

Quote from: Mister Six on December 05, 2020, 09:28:28 PM
Intrigued by all the haptic stuff, but right now I'm having a blast playing Wasteland 3, which honestly looks like absolute shit even for PS4 gen, but I guess I just don't really care about graphics and dongles so much any more...

Is the game stable on PS4? I played it on XBOX and it kept crashing. Finished it but would love to play it again. If it works better on PS4 I just buy that version instead of playing again through all the crashes on Gamepass.

Mister Six

The interface is kind of buggy in that I'm being invited to "Talk" to signposts in order to read them, and the context options don't update unless you move off a target and back on again.[nb]Eg. you'll be told you can attack a character when you just ran out of AP until you move the cursor off and on again, at which point you'll get the Not Enough AP message. You can't cheat and keep attacking though.[/nb] Other than that, it's been fine. If it's crashed I don't remember, although I do tend to shrug off most crashes anyway, so perhaps I'm not a reliable source of information for that question.

They keep patching it up, mind you. Maybe the Xbox version is working better now?

The Bumlord

PS5 arrived yesterday, yayyyy

The fan's really loud and I'm going to have to get rid of it, booooo

Timothy

Quote from: Mister Six on December 06, 2020, 03:39:47 PM
The interface is kind of buggy in that I'm being invited to "Talk" to signposts in order to read them, and the context options don't update unless you move off a target and back on again.[nb]Eg. you'll be told you can attack a character when you just ran out of AP until you move the cursor off and on again, at which point you'll get the Not Enough AP message. You can't cheat and keep attacking though.[/nb] Other than that, it's been fine. If it's crashed I don't remember, although I do tend to shrug off most crashes anyway, so perhaps I'm not a reliable source of information for that question.

They keep patching it up, mind you. Maybe the Xbox version is working better now?

On Xbox it's still completely broken. Every time you're in HQ or an area with lot's of NPC's the games crashes completely. Managed to complete it because I loved the game regardless. Gonna try the PS4 version on my PS5 later. Thanks for the reply!