Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:38:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

BRUCH - The Fool

Started by Gregory Torso, November 17, 2020, 07:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Torso

This just came into my life, 2 weeks after I quit my job just to not get defribillated in the lung plates by a wheezing nan wanting me to write a christmas card from her cat to her dog, her spit peppering my forearms was the final straw, I quit the post office. 2 weeks of fear, actually. 10 days lisening to ZZ Top, wandering what the hell I have done, wandering what Dusty Hill's pubic lice look like, whether I need to go back and beg royal mail to give me a second chance, ah I can't die like a dumb animal out here in the midlands, and then I hear this. And it's reaffirmed me, it's like, yes, give it up to make art and it'll get out there to people who'll get it. Write like a beast. (yeah, look for jobs and that, but) Write and make art you fucks this could be our last chance

anyway...

This is how I like it. Outsider. Not even wanting to get inside yer. Melancholic and defiant. BRUCH is the one man work of an artist from Vienna and if I really have to describe it, I'd say "your recently bereaved Elvis-loving Austrian neighbour gets into chillwave and Alan Vega and borrows your drum machine".

The Trembler

Individual

The Sinner - particular favourite, this.

Weirdly, this came out partly on Trost label which is mainly known for releasing free jazz spank-a-thon bespectacled party barge noise like The Thing.
(and little bit extra here, if you never heard the record The Thing did with Neneh Cherry a few years ago, ear-hole peep this shit -

The Thing & Neneh Cherry - Cashback)

Anyway, first thing I've heard for weeks that made me fizz and my little dead heart started up its turbines again. wicked

Bandcamp - https://trostrecords.bandcamp.com/album/the-fool

chveik

love the Neneh Cherry & The Thing collab, particularly the 'Accordion' cover

I can't say I'm a fan of Bruch but I hope I could read your writings one day.

Shaky

Quote from: Gregory Torso on November 17, 2020, 07:32:38 PM
The Trembler

THIS is fucking brilliant. Love it, and exactly the sort of thing I needed to listen to at this precise moment.

Gregory Torso

Glad you're enjoying it. He's got a similar vibe to Richard Papiercuts whom I made an thread about a while ago. That was a good' un. It's nothing groundbreaking I guess, but it just hit me at the right spot, in the right mood.

Shaky

Yeah, it's just the right combo of things at the right time. Simple, insistent electro krauty rhythms coupled with that bruised, straightforward, confessional vocal. Very lovely.

It's the kind of music I imagine making in my head but can never quite execute in reality.