Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:22:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hannibal Lecter ooh he's gonna eat yer arms and legs

Started by popcorn, November 17, 2020, 08:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: popcorn on November 18, 2020, 11:56:16 AM
Has anyone actually seen Hannibal Rising? I haven't, it doesn't even sound interesting to study.
Yes, I think I even went to see it at the cinema (I was a very big fan of the first two movies). It was boring, as well as being very bad.

popcorn

Quote from: buzby on November 18, 2020, 09:35:48 AM
The rotating door in the darkroom is a light lock, btw - so you can enter and exit while processing film without light from outside getting in.

Yeah I figured as much, but what I love about it is that it's a completely unnsupernatural prop that ends up looking really wild, like the Tardis or something. Especially the way it's filmed in Manhunter, the whole scene so dark and weird. It's also in Red Dragon but the scene is shot in a very humdrum way, as if they didn't notice how unusual and interesting the door is.

Hand Solo

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on November 18, 2020, 01:26:33 PM
But I think both of the villains in Manhunter (Cox and Noonan) are more interesting and more scary than Hopkins and Levine in Silence, and only one film has Iron Butterfly's In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida.

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on November 18, 2020, 02:21:22 PM
the only person I recall being involved in it still being around is Rhys Ifans, who plays a nasty Nazi.

As opposed to a lovely cuddly Nazi

fucking ponderous

Quote from: popcorn on November 17, 2020, 08:08:50 PM
Strong As I Am is an incredible song - I've loved it since first seeing Manhunter as a teenager 500 years ago. I remembered it being used in the most amazing, atmospheric, cathartic way, like oh yeah now the shit is hitting the fan, but couldn't really remember how, and so was a bit disappointed to find its use a bit pedestrian when I rewatched it. Oh well.

That's when he tears up the car dashboard isn't it? That part's very good. I watched it with a roommate a few years ago and we agreed in the end that the Dollarhyde parts were great, and the rest was decent/middling 80s procedural schlock. We got some laughs out of repeating "you've seen these films haven't you my man?" around the house for a few weeks.

Haven't seen any of the other films. Watched the first two or three episodes of the show recently, was alright. The descriptions of how the show develops (stuff involving anuses apparently) are intriguing, but I'm bad at consistently watching TV.