Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:56:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong Doubles Round 5:Dr PolyTrouser vs Funkee Homofiles

Started by Dr Trouser, November 18, 2020, 10:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Oh my, that is so worth the wait.

The image is 800x600 pixels, but are entries with no photoshopping technically allowed by the rules?

selectivememory

Farage looks like he's preparing to swallow the baby whole.

touchingcloth

Sad to see another very young baby suffering from Alamitis :(

selectivememory

The result in the other match has made things pretty straightforward now in terms of what you each need to do to qualify for the final. Dr PolyTrouser will qualify with a win, Funkee Homofiles with a win or a draw. So all still to play for!

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Lordofthefiles

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

rue the polywhirl

Been a bit stretched for time lately. Can we make it more evocative and make it a midnight deadline?

selectivememory

Actually I was going to offer an extension the other day after the website was down for a few hours, as I couldn't be sure if you'd seen the shot at that point or not. So yeah, happy for you to have until midnight.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

HGRGHMMMMmnn!

Wasn't quite sure where i was going with this one...

selectivememory

Funkee Homofiles just about edge it for me, although I think the serve is my favourite shot of the match.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Can you explain the serve I still don't really get it (hence my clusterfuck of a shot)?

Fishfinger

Great stuff, going Funk overall. Some really nice details, e.g. the slippers.

Johnny Yesno

touchingcloth

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on November 24, 2020, 07:41:19 PM
Can you explain the serve I still don't really get it (hence my clusterfuck of a shot)?

I might just give my vote to whoever gives the best answer to this, whether they were playing or not.

rue the polywhirl

It's obviously Nigel Farage about to have a sneeze, which means that there is a fluffy cat by their feet out of view that he must be allergic to.

selectivememory

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on November 24, 2020, 07:41:19 PM

To be honest, I just found it a funny image on a very superficial level. I think it leaves a lot to the imagination, which I like. It's up to us to fill in the blanks.

But if I had to guess, I'd say that Rees-Mogg has just personally delivered his latest child, and he is offering it up to Farage as part of some kind of sordid masonic bonding ritual. And Farage is probably going to eat it or drink its blood.

Maybe there's a Covid link too what with it being the Nightingale Hospital, but I have no idea.

touchingcloth

Pregnant woman dies at The Nightingales, and Jake and Nigel chop her baby out in order to crown it as Jesus of Brexit.

pancreas

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 24, 2020, 10:17:43 PM
I might just give my vote to whoever gives the best answer to this, whether they were playing or not.

I was flying blind - the first time I've been stumped in Wimblewrong.

I thought it might've been something from Game of Thrones - because  I've never seen it!

I had a google and there was indeed a baby slaughter in the show (something about King Joffrey killing a competitor to the throne's bastard children)

...and that's where I leapt off from.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Cerys

touchingcloth

I'm going with Polytrousers, partly because I enjoyed the simple brutality of the opening shot - and, hey, if people are questioning the meaning, that's true HS art - but mainly because rue has been player of the tournament for me with the absolute shambles they have brought. "Ooh, I'm going to make an entry in Word rather than Photoshop," "Ooh, can I have until midnight?" "Ooh, I'm playing this match solo."

I have thoroughly enjoyed it and want it to continue.

Mr Farenheit

Polytrousers for the opener. I too didn't really 'get' precisely what's supposed to be going on but there's a sense of dread- something unspeakable that's happened or is about to happen but you don't know what- that I love. Its also graphically/compositionally etc great and nice to see one simple image. Put everyone on the back foot as well.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

In case anyone was wondering the hunky lad in mine what would happen if Boris and Priti had another child together.