Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:21:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bungle In The Kremlin

Started by thr0b, November 18, 2020, 11:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProvanFan

I was quite enjoying her book (although I had forgot about it) but there were occasional "did a bit of sick in my mouth" lines that tested me.

Blue Jam

Was just wondering what she's been up to, looks like she's deleted her Twitter account as well as her Patreon:

https://twitter.com/theworldofcrap

No more Russia Today stuff either.

Never mind Laurence Fox, I think it'll be hard to beat this Glinner speedrun.

Gurke and Hare

Probably went full Q and got caught up by Twitter getting rid of all those accounts.

Sebastian Cobb

Keep reading this in the tune to Girlfriend In a Coma

Kankurette

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 18, 2020, 12:49:44 PM
That's a real shame as I loved Jenny's blog (which doesn't mention politics). Her Russia Today article just comes across as a lazy rant, I mean this:
As I said in the class thread, I'm middle-class. And I like football. And sausage rolls, but only the veggie ones.

Sebastian Cobb

Sausage rolls have been gentrified though haven't they, especially the veggie ones.

Kankurette

I suppose I could always eat a cheese and onion pasty.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 19, 2021, 09:22:16 AM
Keep reading this in the tune to Girlfriend In a Coma

Mirror in the Bathroom for me.

thr0b

Well, the Facebook page is still there, though one of the last things she posted (back in November) was that once she'd put her new book online, she was probably going to move on.

Blue Jam

Slightly related, but today I learned that Peter Lloyd AKA @suffragentleman, damaged MRA type and occasional writer of rambling woman-hating rants for the Daily Mail, was permabanned from Twitter a few days ago. This comes after he lost his blue tick with no explanation from Twitter, before trying to claim it must have been his posts about George Floyd in an article for... you've guessed it, Russia Today:

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/490428-twitter-wrongthink-george-floyd-riots/

Does Russia Today exist partly as a platform for people to have a whinge about being banned from Twitter? Is it a kind of social media Siberia (sorry)? Or is it a bit like Substack, where people go when they're deemed too confused to continue writing for mainstream media?

Anyway, I used to see his angry Twitter rants pop up when people I know would make the futile effort of trying to argue with him, so this has cheered me up a little.

chveik

RT are great, they gave a series to Viper Higgins

idunnosomename

I love how "blue haired silicon valley libs" is just something a load of boomer cartoonists made up and a load of angry wannabe journalists convinced themselves were real

BlodwynPig

Quote from: chveik on May 20, 2021, 12:45:45 PM
RT are great, they gave a series to Viper Higgins

Yes, RT are superior to western media, generally.

Paul Calf

Like any news medium, you have to read RT conscious of its bias: in this case, you will never see or read anything from RT that the Kremlin has not pre-approved.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 20, 2021, 07:58:54 PM
Like any news medium, you have to read BBC conscious of its bias: in this case, you will never see or read anything from BBC that the Kermit has not pre-approved.