Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,455
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:43:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

do you siesta?

Started by Ray Travez, November 18, 2020, 02:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Travez

I'm in my forties and I can rarely get through the day without a nap...

the science eel

I'm 52 and I nearly always have a kip at some stage in the day. Can be any time between the early afternoon and around 9 pm, but I always go back to bed. Often have the most vivid dreams then, too.

Buelligan

Have you tried pulling yourselves together?

Glebe

I'm 45 next month and I suffer from a condition known as 'sticky mattress'!*

*wanking.

Quote from: Buelligan on November 18, 2020, 02:58:43 PMHave you tried pulling yourselves together?

Ooh, pardon?!

thenoise

My one year old has a two hour nap around midday ish. I tried to join him today, as he kept me up half the night,but I couldn't do it. I'm completely shit at sleeping during the day, I just cant do it no matter how tired. Just lie there thinking of all the things i need to be doing until baby wakes up again. Pathetic.

Usually I watch a film, some comedy,anything but the musical toddler shit he likes 😋

Sebastian Cobb

Sometimes. I had a brief relationship with a Spanish woman for a while, who used to get up early but then go for a siesta. It basically resulted in me having both a lie-in and a nap, it was great.

Buelligan

Quote from: Glebe on November 18, 2020, 03:00:02 PM
I'm 45 next month and I suffer from a condition known as 'sticky mattress'!*

*wanking.

Ooh, pardon?!

I thought someone might go there but really, Glebe.  I left you some tea btw.

bgmnts

I've had about 6 or 7 naps in my life. Even if I have 4 or 5 hours sleep, I struggle to nap. Mild insomnia I suppose.

Icehaven

I used to have a long commute home made up of two bus journeys, one of about 50 minutes and one of about half an hour, and it completely got me in the habit of napping for nearly 90 minutes anywhere between 5 and 7pm. When I switched jobs and couldn't do it anymore it took me ages not to feel I was literally being dragged to sleep between those times, such had the habit formed.

Blinder Data

You wouldn't catch John Bull sleeping on the job!

No, I do the proper British thing of being extremely unproductive and sluggish for the first hour or three after lunchtime.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: icehaven on November 18, 2020, 03:17:48 PM
I used to have a long commute home made up of two bus journeys, one of about 50 minutes and one of about half an hour, and it completely got me in the habit of napping for nearly 90 minutes anywhere between 5 and 7pm. When I switched jobs and couldn't do it anymore it took me ages not to feel I was literally being dragged to sleep between those times, such had the habit formed.

I'd be too fearful of sleeping through my stop.

sirhenry

Quote from: Ray Travez on November 18, 2020, 02:31:00 PM
I'm in my forties and I can rarely get through the day without a nap...
I'm in my sixties and I occasionally get through the day without a nap... which seems reasonable as I rarely sleep more than 5 hours a night. Last night there must have been something on my mind because I only managed 3.

On the plus side, between 4 and 8am is a wonderfully peaceful time of the day and you can get loads done because you know you won't be interrupted.

imitationleather

Jockice

Most days. And that has been since I was at school. When I was working and lived at home it used to really annoy my mum that I'd come home and want to kip, unlike my dad who wanted his dinner as soon as he got home.

I do have problems with fatigue due to my medical condition though (cue wankers saying 'well we all get tired' or even worse 'so do I. I was so knackered that I didn't go to the pub last night. Just stayed in and watched telly;) so it was probably an early manifestation of that. Even now I haven't got a job I spend a lot of time lying down. I'm trying to forego it today though, as I have something to get finished tonight. So wish me luck!

Sebastian Cobb

Not a nap, but does anyone ever get to about 7/8pm and realise the day has nothing more in store for them and they may aswell go to bed? Sure you could stay up and force yourself to do something, but there's no point because it'd be perfunctory, you wouldn't enjoy it.

the science eel

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 18, 2020, 04:37:11 PM
Not a nap, but does anyone ever get to about 7/8pm and realise the day has nothing more in store for them and they may aswell go to bed? Sure you could stay up and force yourself to do something, but there's no point because it'd be perfunctory, you wouldn't enjoy it.

Not at all. If you go to bed at 4 and get up at 8 pm, you have all the joys to look forward to. Late evening meal, a film, maybe a walk. The day only gets good when it gets dark.

sirhenry

Quote from: the science eel on November 18, 2020, 04:44:42 PM
Not at all. If you go to bed at 4 and get up at 8 pm, you have all the joys to look forward to. Late evening meal, a film, maybe a walk. The day only gets good when it gets dark.
Or before it gets light.

Buelligan

I love it all and I love being awake and I love sleeping and my bed is a delight, my only problem is an incredible reluctance to get showered and dressed in the morning or to get showered and go to bed at night.  And I love showering.  I hate ending things though.  Really do.  It feels like giving up.  There, I've said it.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: the science eel on November 18, 2020, 04:44:42 PM

left to my own devices I'd keep those sorts of hours but unfortunately there's this bullshit called 'work' that seems to want to dictate my clock for 5/7ths of my life.

chveik

Quote from: imitationleather on November 18, 2020, 04:16:14 PM
Just woke up lol

me too. since I've been on the old anti depressants I seem incapable to get through most days without it

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Wake up Nanna, there's a nice western on Film 4 for you to watch. John Wayne, you like him, don't you? I'll get you a biscuit.

Dex Sawash

I take a break from sleeping for an hour most nights, around 3-4am (america) then right back at it (sleeping).

Sebastian Cobb

I normally sleep alright once I'm off but it's been bloody windy here and I've had trouble getting to sleep because the wind has been rattling the outside flaps of the extractor fan in my en-suite.

thenoise

Quote from: sirhenry on November 18, 2020, 04:48:19 PM
Or before it gets light.

Rather than creep about in the middle of the night, have you considered living with some people you actually like?

Marner and Me

I used to, but overslept on a lunch break, never again, one of those ones where you're in a deep sleep and you turn your phone alarm off as it is bugging you out.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Marner and Me on November 18, 2020, 06:39:12 PM
I used to, but overslept on a lunch break, never again, one of those ones where you're in a deep sleep and you turn your phone alarm off as it is bugging you out.

Ha, I hated being in one workplace so much I used to take my lunch break asleep in my car.

sirhenry

Quote from: thenoise on November 18, 2020, 06:36:33 PM
Rather than creep about in the middle of the night, have you considered living with some people you actually like?
I keep trying, but the element of mutuality always screws it up.

Ray Travez

Quote from: Buelligan on November 18, 2020, 04:52:20 PM
I love it all and I love being awake and I love sleeping and my bed is a delight,

I'm quite envious of you having bats that flit about your head at night. I think I could die happy if I had bats flapping around me while I slept.

I think I know what you mean about the showering. Sometimes I find it hard to draw a line under the day, just want it to go on into the late, late night, my favourite time.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Bats flitting around your head sounds rubbish.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Ray Travez on November 18, 2020, 07:41:27 PM
I think I know what you mean about the showering. Sometimes I find it hard to draw a line under the day, just want it to go on into the late, late night, my favourite time.

I do this most when I've been really tired and the day has been unfulfilling, which ensures I'll do the same the next day.