Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:39:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Famous people you know of but don't know what they look like.

Started by Icehaven, November 18, 2020, 10:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

I was listening to a podcast earlier that mentioned Shane Meadows doing some good deed in public or something, and it occurred to me that although I've been very familiar with his films and his name for years I've never seen a picture of him and have no idea what he looks like. It's just lack of cause or curiosity that I've never Googled imaged him, but with directors/authors/artists etc. this is probably a lot more common than with public figures that have a more visual presence (although obviously with the internet/social media now it's arguable that they all do.)
Obviously it's solved in seconds with an internet search but is there anyone who's oevre you've known of for ages and who's work you feel you know well without ever having had a thought to look up their visage?

steve98

Rappers with the first name "Lil" (Little): Lil Pump, Lil Minx, Lil Wayne, Lil Uzi... I love them all with all my heart but I don't know what any of them look like. (only one I'd recognize is Lil ('n') Large, haha).

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

All the Lil's have facial tattoos and hair dyed in weird colours, apart from Lil Minx, who wisely express themselves through their sweet music, not their image.

non capisco

All the Soundcloud rappers look like someone who's fallen asleep early at a house party and their legend gary mates have drawn all over their face with permanent markers.

steve98

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on November 18, 2020, 10:35:59 PM
All the Lil's have facial tattoos and hair dyed in weird colours, apart from Lil Minx, who wisely express themselves through their sweet music, not their image.

Good for them (shouldn't it really be Little Minxes btw? Plural?).

It's not just the "Lil's", I'm the same with the "Bigs": I know who Big Daddy is but I haven't a clue what, for eg, Biggy Smalls, Big W, Big-Up Bitch and all that lot look like.

non capisco

Quote from: non capisco on November 18, 2020, 10:42:41 PM
All the Soundcloud rappers look like someone who's fallen asleep early at a house party and their legend gary mates have drawn all over their face with permanent markers.

Eughh, apologies for this tepid middle aged man 'observation'.

flotemysost

Do they have face tats of spunking cocks scrawled across both cheeks?

Goldentony

some cunt I was thinking about yesterday, was in a film, couldnt tell you which one

imitationleather

Quote from: non capisco on November 18, 2020, 10:55:06 PM
Eughh, apologies for this tepid middle aged man 'observation'.

Here's my middle aged man 'observation':
I really liked how OTT and colourful 6ix9ine's album artwork and style was, and was sorely disappointed when I actually heard his music.

Buelligan

Plus nearly all the historical cunts.  Robin Hood, no idea.  Helen of Troy, couldn't pick her out of a line-up.  Mohammed PBUH, nothing, though the Danes have made a stab at it.  Millions of the fucks like that.

Jollity

I have seen pictures and video of Michael Bublé, and I'm still not sure I could pick him out of a line-up.

imitationleather

I've got no idea what the Prophet Muhammad looks like.

And no curiosity to find out!

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: imitationleather on November 18, 2020, 11:17:57 PM
I've got no idea what the Prophet Muhammad looks like.

And no curiosity to find out!

Surely the people who get really angry about that wouldn't be able to tell if you'd drawn him if they hadn't had a chekky peek at blasphemous images in the past.

Buelligan

Also that fellow that did the statue of Mo Salah, clearly no idea at all what he looks like.  It's a widespread problem.  And particularly serious for artists.

Ecce Homo

Annie Labuntur

Simon Cowell? I've heard loads of people asking what the fuck does he look like.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Annie Labuntur on November 18, 2020, 11:14:38 PM
The Mysterons.

That lad Wilson who used to chat to Tim from Home Improvement over the fence.
Charlie from Charlies Angels.
The villain from Inspector Gadget.
That old black woman from Tom and Jerry.
The teacher in Charlie Brown.
The boss guy from Trap Door.

I've no idea what any of them look like and more than happy to be enlightened.

Rolf Lundgren

Mister Six

Pseudopath

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on November 19, 2020, 12:07:05 AM
Thomas Hardy. Picturing big sideburns.

Slightly tufty, but not remarkably so. Magnificent moustache though.

Psmith

Engels.Seen plenty of Marx but don't remember seeing anything of Fred.Until now,thanks to good old Google.Seem to be some sort of beard competition going on.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Shane Meadows looks like the result of what would happen if the youngish Alexei Sayle and the music critic Everett True were to both accidentally wander into Seth Brundle's famous  transforming, gene splicing Shaker Maker machine, if that's any help to icehaven. I remember seeing  a picture of him going to one of his film premieres in his C and A suit , with a sheepish smile on his face, and thinking " aw, bless!"  ( I mean that's what I ended up thinking, not what he was thinking. I don't know what he was fucking thinking, do I?)

BlodwynPig

Quote from: checkoutgirl on November 18, 2020, 11:34:03 PM
That lad Wilson who used to chat to Tim from Home Improvement over the fence.
Charlie from Charlies Angels.
The villain from Inspector Gadget.
That old black woman from Tom and Jerry.
The teacher in Charlie Brown.
The boss guy from Trap Door.

I've no idea what any of them look like and more than happy to be enlightened.

Blanksy