Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:48:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedies that you can only remember one line/moment from.

Started by AnOrdinaryBoy, November 19, 2020, 01:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RFT

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on February 15, 2021, 12:21:30 PM
Could it have been Steve Punt rather than Joe Duttine? Sounds like Me, You and Him if so - Punt played a wastrel type in that who Hancock was always nagging to get a job.
Definitely not Punt.

I *think* (having given in and looked on IMDB) it was Holding the Baby and I'm wrong about the timing.

petril

Morning Sarge, a sort of Thin Blue Line at the other end of the 90s. saw the trailers, only saw/remembered one tiny fragment: characters all sat at a table, sharing a casual toast to "All Policemen, sitting on their arses". end of episode.

SteveDave

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on November 19, 2020, 10:31:26 AM
When I was a small child I'm sure my favourite sitcom, or at least the one that was on every week, was William Gaunt vehicle No Place Like Home which I'm sure ran for several years, but all I can remember is the bit in the titles where there was a sign saying "No Place Like Home" that fell off the wall (accompanied by terrible tinkly piano music that I'm not sure if it was a well-known tune of the day). No idea about any of the characters or plots or situations.

The only thing I can remember about this is one of the daughters having to cook (because the mum was ill or sutin) and the dad asking "What's for dinner?" "Goulash!" came the answer.

Martin Clunes- "Oh good, lashings of goo"

I rolled about laughing at this witty word play.

SteveDave

Quote from: jobotic on November 19, 2020, 02:03:35 PM
Not Green Door?

Beyond that and the set of the evening class centre and the landing at John's bedsit all i can really remember is the sexual problems.

And Kirk calling Belinda Lang "frigid".

Or Ralph's motorcycle combination?

Or Kirk St Moritz turning out to be a loser?

Or the annoying theme tune? "Deeeeear John, doo doo do-do doo dooo, life goes on, doo doo do-do doo dooo, by the time you read these lines, I'll be gone...so long...dear John...so long..."

Loads of of shit comedies from when I was a kid.

Babes in the Wood, a scene where a fella was tied up and one of the 3 eponymous babes was acting out a parody of the gruesome ear cutting scene in Reservoir Dogs, but instead of cutting his ear off she was applying shaving foam and then giving him a shave. Think I sub consciously found something about it arousing.

A show with Joanna Lumley, in it, maybe as some kind of detective or something? And there was a hapless sidekick bloke who always seemed to end up in humiliating situations...one distinct scene I remember was Joanna Lumley coming home to find to her horror the guy naked in her bed...(she doesn't know he's actually got a woman in there too)...she asks what he's doing in there and he says he misses her or something so decided to sleep in her bed...Lumley then finds the woman and throws them both out into the snow naked. Also mildly arousing

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: SteveDave on February 15, 2021, 01:08:11 PM
The only thing I can remember about this is one of the daughters having to cook (because the mum was ill or sutin) and the dad asking "What's for dinner?" "Goulash!" came the answer.

Martin Clunes- "Oh good, lashings of goo"

I rolled about laughing at this witty word play.

To be fair, I can see Clunes making this funny.

kalowski

A comedy show (BBC2) where a character in glasses (I can see the actor in my mind, but can't for the life of me remember his name) explains the difference between pestle and mortar.
"The pestle's the penis and the mortar's the minge."

I use it all the time.

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: Misspent Boners on February 15, 2021, 01:33:57 PM
A show with Joanna Lumley, in it, maybe as some kind of detective or something? And there was a hapless sidekick bloke who always seemed to end up in humiliating situations...one distinct scene I remember was Joanna Lumley coming home to find to her horror the guy naked in her bed...(she doesn't know he's actually got a woman in there too)...she asks what he's doing in there and he says he misses her or something so decided to sleep in her bed...Lumley then finds the woman and throws them both out into the snow naked. Also mildly arousing

Class Act.

thenoise

Quote from: petrilTanaka on February 15, 2021, 01:06:25 PM
Morning Sarge, a sort of Thin Blue Line at the other end of the 90s. saw the trailers, only saw/remembered one tiny fragment: characters all sat at a table, sharing a casual toast to "All Policemen, sitting on their arses".

...and they dont want a cock-up?

petril

Andy147

Quote from: Andy147 on November 23, 2020, 09:51:59 PM
I have vague memories of Frank Skinner (possibly on his chatshow) saying to someone "The first time we worked together was in Packet of Three. Exactly how quickly did you remove that from your CV?"

Turns out it was Dave Gorman, though in fact it was Gorman who said "Is it still on your CV?"

Only thing I remember from "Mornin' Sarge" was that the sergeant (played by Paul Brooke) was in fact called "Sarge".

Another police-based sitcom from that era that I remember very little about is Lazarus & Dingwall (starring Mark Arden and Stephen Frost). ISTR there was one episode where people were being murdered as a game of noughts and crosses.