Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:00:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tesco Recall - you meat want to read this (Tesco 16 Spicy Chorizo Slices 80g)

Started by Fambo Number Mive, November 19, 2020, 02:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Tesco have recalled its 16 Spicy Chorizo Slices 80g because the product may contain Listeria monocytogenes.

QuoteThe product details are:

Name: Tesco 16 Spicy Chorizo Slices
Pack size: 80g
Use by: December 19, 2020...

What have Tesco said?

In a statement, the supermarket chain said: "We have been made aware of detection Listeria monocytogenes in one batch code of Tesco 16 Spicy Chorizo Slices 80g and we have decided to recall this product...

"If you require further details, please contact Customer Services directly on: UK - 0800 505 555 or ROI - 1850 744 844."

Tesco say not to consume the product and to return it to your local Tesco for a full refund - no receipt is needed. If you're currently self-isolating, please contact Tesco Customer Services
on 0800 505 555 to arrange a refund.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18883342.tesco-urgently-recall-meat-products-listeria-contamination-fears/

https://digitalcontent.api.tesco.com/v2/media/homepage/2aa3b92d-578b-4d81-99cb-701955779c8c/Product-Recall-Tesco-Chorizo.pdf

bgmnts

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

When those Loyd Grossman sauces were linked to a couple of people getting botulism a few years ago they started selling them for about 20p each in the supermarket, and I filled a cupboard with them. I fear nothing.

jobotic

Should have relabelled them No EU Slices of Pride, in anticipation of January 1st when we'll probably be buying them back.

Dex Sawash

Blumf

Bazooka

This is clearly Spain declaring war, whilst covid has our backs against the wall. That's why we need billions more spent on our military, to stop Spain and other EUvil nations launching processed meat attacks on our pristine islands.

Icehaven

Why are they so specific about the number of slices in the packet? I buy my sliced cured processed offal from Asda and they aren't so pernickety about the numbers, you just get however many you're given and like it.

pancreas

I happen to think that the people who purchase this product deserve to die.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: pancreas on November 19, 2020, 03:00:52 PM
I happen to think that the people who purchase this product deserve to die.

Are there unacceptable forms of chorizo?

Buelligan

Pre-sliced is fairly unacceptable, isn't it?  I'm not a meat-eater or anything but I do live in walking distance[nb]I'm pretty fit[/nb] of Spain, never seen any sliced chorizo for sale here, ever.  They just buy them, by the kilo, in a great big plastic bag and throw them on the smouldering sarments.

bgmnts

What's the laziest product to buy? Pre chopped veg in packets?

How fucked are you if you can't be arsed to chop up veg?

Buelligan

I believe Spanish Tesco are toying with the idea of diced battered cod.

The Mollusk

Pre-sliced?! Do you want them to bloody eat it for you an' all?!

Hahaha, classic. That's one of mine, you can have it

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I don't eat enough chorizo to warrant buying a full sausage of it, therefore the slices are perf.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: bgmnts on November 19, 2020, 07:09:47 PM

I'll give mixed frozen veg a pass, it's exactly everything I need for throwing in a veggie biryani and keeps pretty much indefinitely, lazy but good just to have there for when I want to do it.

Pre-peeled oranges though.

shiftwork2

Shoulders?-Stomach!

chveik

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Brings to mind 2002 HotWheels drag race product recall 02LF and the infamous Bernard Matthews dreck-cylinder diarrhoea and vomiting recall of 2010.

idunnosomename

keep your voice down sir or everyone will we want one (listeria bacterium)

touchingcloth

dr beat

pancreas

Feel like pure shit just want to go back in time to when I didn't eat these things.

Captain Z

Had me really worried but luckily I had bought the Tesco 16 Spicy Chorizo Slices 81g.

Marner and Me

Quote from: bgmnts on November 19, 2020, 07:09:47 PM

I did see sliced onion in a bag, I thought who ever buys that is fucking idle.

Butchers Blind