Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:28:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Inside No 9 - series 6

Started by MigraineBoy, November 19, 2020, 06:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pk1yen

Most laughs in an episode of anything I've watched this year. Great stuff. I hope this gets renewed forever.

(The CaB line felt a bit like a singularity moment revealing my whole existence is either a big simulation or a coma dream.
Maybe it was I who have been Inside the #9 hospital bed all along.)

neveragain

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on May 10, 2021, 11:08:04 PM
It's weird how some people on twitter seem to be thinking that the mention of C&B is some kind of well deserved put down of this place. References to cumsocks and meals for one and "hahaha fuck you Cook'd and Bomb'd." Very strange.

Yes, and I think it says something that we realise it wasn't a dig. If anyone's capable of picking up on a slight!

jobotic

I immediately thought of all your little faces with beaming smiles rather than cumming into your crysocks.

Mine was beaming anyway.

pk1yen

EDIT - [Fat fingered accidental post. The simulation's coming apart.]

neveragain

Only possible thing I would change[nb]Not that I would have any right to do so[/nb] is, when Pantalone talked about iPlayer, the screen should have started buffering.

eggheadnurse

Quote from: Glebe on May 10, 2021, 10:24:06 PM
Anyone spot the Hare? Where was it?

The hare is still there - found it on my second viewing.

Spoiler alert
It in th montage scene when it flips to slow motion following the explosion - the hare flys out-of-focus past the screen very quickly (right-to-left) accompanied by a whooshing sound effect
[close]

Quote from: Pseudopath on May 10, 2021, 10:40:32 PM
Can't believe nobody's screengrabbed for posterity it yet. Click for embiggenment:

Kudos to the closed-caption writer.

That floored me, well done Barry!

BritishHobo

Great cast as well, but an especially lovely performance from Kevin Bishop.

I will give the programme 1 star however as my meal-for-one was cold.

Joke's on Twitter as I don't eat a meal for one, I just suck the protein out of old socks.

Blumf

Missed it live as we we're watch JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, just caught up on iPlayer. It were okay, wasn't really feeling the hyper-meta, but I did enjoy the lame jokes.

Glebe

Quote from: eggheadnurse on May 10, 2021, 11:30:09 PMThe hare is still there - found it on my second viewing.

Spoiler alert
It in th montage scene when it flips to slow motion following the explosion - the hare flys out-of-focus past the screen very quickly (right-to-left) accompanied by a whooshing sound effect
[close]

Ah right, cheers!

We should all change our avs to that screengrab in honour of this, by the way!

Sherman Krank

Best farting chair gag since Perrin.

I wish I could remember the name of the actor Kevin Bishop seemed to be channeling, it's doing my head in.

St_Eddie

Good episode, that.  A sort of mashup between Ealing comedies and Reservoir Dogs, with a touch of the Shakespearean.  I was HOWWWWLLLLLLL(ing) with laughter at the sight of Reece slowly sinking into his leather chair.

One joke which I fear may have flown over my head was this one...

Quote"We hatched this plan to steal the diamonds from you and run away together to the Caribbean."

"Trinidad and Tobago?"

"Yes."

I feel as though Trinidad and Tobago is supposed to sound like something else (in the same way "Alaska" sounds like "I'll ask her") and the joke is subversive and so instead Pemberton's character simply replies with an affirmative "yes", but I'm struggling to think what Trinidad and Tobago sounds like.

Greg Torso

It was a subversion of the "Jamaica?" "No she went of her own accord" joke

St_Eddie

Quote from: Greg Torso on May 11, 2021, 12:36:46 AM
It was a subversion of the "Jamaica?" "No she went of her own accord" joke

Ah, thank you.

ishantbekeepingit

Quote from: Sherman Krank on May 11, 2021, 12:10:28 AM
Best farting chair gag since Perrin.

I wish I could remember the name of the actor Kevin Bishop seemed to be channeling, it's doing my head in.
Jason Donovan?  That's who I thought it was, after a brief flash of "is that Pemberton", like a dismayed yet unsurprised schoolmaster in some sort of semi-autobiographical League of Gentlemen-themed children's book.

BlodwynPig

Custard

I reckon this now means that we are best friends with Reece, and I for one am delighted

The outtakes of his cameo on Car Share is still one of the funniest things I've ever seen

https://youtu.be/EgssU4nnaqs

And, you know, all the other work he's done

So yes Reece, we ARE enjoying this on the Cook'd and Bomb'd wanksock baldy meal for one forums xxx

lazyhour

Loved it.

Like someone else upthread, I think I'm also too stupid to understand the Echo ending reveal. Can anyone explain it to me? Reece?

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Shameless Custard on May 11, 2021, 08:28:50 AM
The outtakes of his cameo on Car Share is still one of the funniest things I've ever seen

https://youtu.be/EgssU4nnaqs

"I'm a lyrical dance flap!"

olliebean

Quote from: neveragain on May 10, 2021, 11:23:46 PM
Only possible thing I would change[nb]Not that I would have any right to do so[/nb] is, when Pantalone talked about iPlayer, the screen should have started buffering.

But only for people watching on iPlayer.

Havmannen

Episodes like last night are really excellent for showing off Reece's brilliance as a comic performer.

SpiderChrist

Well, that was splendid and, after listening to the podcast, I now know a tiny amount about commedia dell'arte too. The armchair scene nearly burst a blood cell in my brain.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

I don't think I've ever felt more at odds with a CaB 'consensus'. :-(

Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for a broad meta comedy.

jobotic

I enjoyed it a lot but it did take a little while for me to get on board I must admit. I said at the beginning "are these jokes meant to be terrible?", but when I realised they were I loved it.

I'm going legal over Genoa and Alaska though.

kitsofan34

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on May 11, 2021, 10:08:05 AM
I don't think I've ever felt more at odds with a CaB 'consensus'. :-(

Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for a broad meta comedy.

You're not alone, I really really hated it. Something about meta gags feels like nails down a chalkboard to me, they're so smug.

robhug

Quote from: kitsofan34 on May 11, 2021, 10:22:32 AM
You're not alone, I really really hated it. Something about meta gags feels like nails down a chalkboard to me, they're so smug.

under normal circumstance i think it it may have been panned in here, however the name check resulted in a collective boner the strength of which made everyone feel 15 again.

i thought it was alright.

Purple Toupee

I was a bit bewildered by that at times but enjoyed it, some big laughs from the Miranda-ing joke and the montage bit. I usually don't like the sillier episodes as much but that was much better than the likes of Zanzibar and La Couchette.

Could have done without the meta 'lean' gag though, Limmy did it better.

studpuppet

Quote from: Sherman Krank on May 11, 2021, 12:10:28 AM

I was getting strong Star Trek era Michael J Pollard vibes.