Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:21:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Inside No 9 - series 6

Started by MigraineBoy, November 19, 2020, 06:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

You realise there's going to be a CaB shout-out in every episode this series, yeah? It's the new hare

Glebe

Watched it with my siblings, who I've made aware of the forum in the past... lovely surreal moment!

BlodwynPig

Im reading mumsnet and they're all ablaze asking what the fuck is the cucked and bummed forum?

M-CORP

Spoiler alert
Is that the first time this forum's been acknowledged in a TV show?
[close]

I did feel at times it was slow or too reliant on meta or didn't have enough of a horror rug-pull. But all these feelings were fleeting and irrational. It was huge fun overall, and you can't say fairer than that. The cast were great, Gemma Whelan in particular. And I also liked the new placement of the BBC logo in the title sequence.

Love how No. 9 feels as though it's about to put it's own twist on the usual jumping-of-the-shark problem with long-running TV shows.

Bit frightened typing this as I know I'm being watched

Tony Tony Tony

Seems the five best posters on the forum have been chosen and they will each get  a shout out in an episode.

I'm episode four.

Captain Z

Loved the Fleabag/Miranda joke, hated the "lean" joke, but all in all a very fun episode.

Glebe

Next week: References to Glinner, Syd & Eddie and Waxwork Rene.

Glebe

Anyone spot the Hare? Where was it?

JamesTC

The last episode of this series is about an elderly couple's Virgin box being haunted by a wanking ghost.

ishantbekeepingit

I do think it got a bit slow in the middle, but I certainly enjoyed it more than most S5 episodes.  Also, Gemma Whelan and talking to the camera gave me some disconcerting Upstart Crow flashbacks.
Quote from: M-CORP on May 10, 2021, 10:13:10 PM
Bit frightened typing this as I know I'm being watched
Aha!  An expertly-crafted subversion of parasocial gaze lived experiences through construction of decolonised bollocks.

Glebe

Quote from: JamesTC on May 10, 2021, 10:24:30 PMThe last episode of this series is about an elderly couple's Virgin box being haunted by Rodney Bewes in a bow tie T-shirt.

kaprisky

I wonder what they make of the Little and Large thread?

Tony Tony Tony

Got another mention in the post show podcast.

"A very obscure comedy forum"

Custard

A .wav of "I bet they're loving this on the Cook'd and Bomb'd forum" should sound every time someone posts a new thread

holyzombiejesus

Tony Tony Tony

Pseudopath

Can't believe nobody's screengrabbed for posterity it yet. Click for embiggenment:

Kudos to the closed-caption writer.

bgmnts

Was it a dig by the way or just a random shoutout? I dont recall Shearsmith having any dealings with this site or anything.

BritishHobo

I enjoyed that a lot, and I'm not just saying that because I now have to.

JamesTC

Quote from: bgmnts on May 10, 2021, 10:42:51 PM
Was it a dig by the way or just a random shoutout? I dont recall Shearsmith having any dealings with this site or anything.

They explain on the podcast that it was about being an obscure reference. They feared that the BBC would want it changed to Twitter (and apparently suggested this change).

Barry Admin

😂 I fucking missed it, but I told my mum.  She said the same thing re: bunch of cumsocks.

madhair60

btw if anyone saw Inside No 9 and has come here - honestly, go fuck yourself right away, you are NOT welcome.

selectivememory

I found it hilarious that we got a shoutout. And it was just a fun episode really. Haven't watched much of Series 5, so I'll have to go back and rectify that, but it's nice that they're still pumping out quality episodes after so many years of it.

ProvanFan

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

I thought it contained a few decent gags, but I found it quite aggravatingly self-referential overall. I couldn't invest in the story as I was all too aware that the whole thing was constructed as a meta commentary on the TV show Inside No. 9.

They played around with that concept so perfectly in Dead Line. This episode felt a like big, smarmy in-joke.

And I'm fully aware that this is precisely the sort of CaB post that grinds Reece's gears. But that's what I actually think. Soz.   

neveragain

Well, I was bracing myself due to your review but actually went and loved it. Fast, silly and just dark enough. An abundance of gags. Top performances. Beautiful!

As said above, anyone tuning in for the first time will be banjaxed and befuddled (but they would have been with Death Be Not Proud, Dead Line... probably some others as well.)

holyzombiejesus

It's weird how some people on twitter seem to be thinking that the mention of C&B is some kind of well deserved put down of this place. References to cumsocks and meals for one and "hahaha fuck you Cook'd and Bomb'd." Very strange.

chveik

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on May 10, 2021, 11:08:04 PM
It's weird how some people on twitter seem to be thinking that the mention of C&B is some kind of well deserved put down of this place. References to cumsocks and meals for one and "hahaha fuck you Cook'd and Bomb'd." Very strange.

not that weird really