Author Topic: Priti Patel GONE  (Read 4622 times)

BlodwynPig

• The Last Living Member of COVID-20
Priti Patel GONE
« on: November 19, 2020, 07:27:16 PM »
No thread on this yet?

Surely she has to go? surely!? again...

Re: Priti Patel GONE
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 07:30:09 PM »
Written warning wasn't it?

BlodwynPig

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 07:33:03 PM »
Well that would be a first. Changing the story to "she wasn't aware she was a vicious vindictive bully" wouldn't work in any other job.

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 07:34:21 PM »
That's what I read earlier today. Now I'm reading fuck all for a weeks.

GONE for a drink at No 10

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2020, 07:39:31 PM »
Well that would be a first. Changing the story to "she wasn't aware she was a vicious vindictive bully" wouldn't work in any other job.

It's pretty obvious she is vindictive by pretty much everything she does and says. Perhaps someone just needed to tell her!

BlodwynPig

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2020, 07:44:27 PM »
It's pretty obvious she is vindictive by pretty much everything she does and says. Perhaps someone just needed to tell her!

OK, as you were. Continue Ms. Patel, you've been told and that's the matter closed. We're off to chuck Joe "IT goon" Bloggs out because he raised his voice to someone in the canteen.

kalowski

• the Zone of Zero Funkativity
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2020, 07:46:52 PM »
How do you "unintentionally" bully someone?

Mister Six

• Golden Member
  • Ridiculously teacakes
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2020, 07:51:41 PM »
By being such a cunt that it's pretty much your default state rather than a mindset that you consciously engage in.

BlodwynPig

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2020, 08:10:58 PM »
By being such a cunt that it's pretty much your default state rather than a mindset that you consciously engage in.

Military Industrial Complex

PlanktonSideburns

• by the grace of god there go we
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2020, 08:12:17 PM »

worked in some warehouses where that might fly- maybe thats more her level, unloading shipping containers

Shoulders?-Stomach!

• Silver Member
  • Binkle County Belm Aggregates
    • http://jackanderton.jamendo.net/
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2020, 08:21:53 PM »
Sir Keir Starmer, should Priti Patel resign from the cabinet or be sacked?

Sir Keir Starmer: "It wouldn't be appropriate at this time to comment on the internal disciplinary procedures of an entirely different political party"

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2020, 08:26:07 PM »
worked in some warehouses where that might fly- maybe thats more her level, unloading shipping containers

...of sniper riffles bound for Tel Aviv.

Annie Labuntur

• Next train's gone
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2020, 08:41:18 PM »

She does bring lots of nice Diwali snacks into the office every year, it wouldn't be fair to let her go.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

• Living proof of everything wrong with the world
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2020, 09:29:00 PM »
Sir Keir Starmer, should Priti Patel resign from the cabinet or be sacked?

Sir Keir Starmer: "It wouldn't be appropriate at this time to comment on the internal disciplinary procedures of an entirely different political party I can't decide whether to piss or come"

Uncle TechTip

• You won, get over it
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2020, 10:09:31 PM »
Whatever happens, she'll look like she had the last laugh.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

• Silver Member
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2020, 10:10:51 PM »
Whatever happens, she'll look like she had the last laugh.

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2020, 10:21:24 PM »
I feel like this is a good place to air my possibly controversial thoughts about Priti Patel.

When Diane Abbott's appointment was called tokenism, I thought it was nakedly racist. Abbott has done her time since she was a young woman and while she's been known to put her foot in her mouth on more than one occasion, I think shes held to unreasonable standards and covert racism is a factor in this.  Also I believe she believes in what she's saying.

But when I see Priti Patel on the telly, advocating for racist policies on behalf of a racist party, it's hard to avoid thinking that they have wheeled her out to ward off attacks on the Tories for being nakedly racist. "We can't be racist, look at Ms Patel agreeing with us."

Shoulders?-Stomach!

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2020, 10:27:16 PM »
Patel and Sunak are there to do that, yes.

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2020, 11:02:58 PM »
"acting like bouncers to clubs they'll never fully be a part of".

What's baffling is Patel's upbringing seems relatively modest, must just be evil. Sunak's less born into money than I thought he was as well really.

Urinal Cake

• -0/-0
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2020, 11:09:54 PM »
Upward mobility does that to you.

pigamus

• Sex, death, mayonnaise.
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2020, 11:16:27 PM »
If I were an ambitious brown person born without a conscience I’d be doing exactly the same thing. You’re an immensely valuable weapon to the Tory party in the culture wars, you’ve got it made.

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2020, 11:17:44 PM »

lol, not sure anyone cared what the dog fancier thought but it's nice he's there to remind us all what a weapon he is.

Urinal Cake

• -0/-0
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2020, 11:23:58 PM »
If I were an ambitious brown person born without a conscience I’d be doing exactly the same thing. You’re an immensely valuable weapon to the Tory party in the culture wars, you’ve got it made.
To be fair there are a lot of brown people who are conservatives. They believe in one or many aspects such as; social conservatism, pro-business, 'model minorities' and that even white makes right.

Butchers Blind

• I don't want the undertaker stealing my sins
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2020, 11:29:30 PM »

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2020, 11:30:51 PM »
I'm not sure 'brown' is a useful metric, bit of an umbrella given Bitish-Indians do very well and others, not so much.

There are definitely some quite poor Asian Labour voters who are extremely loyal and getting fuck all back.

These numbers are almost certainly skewed by some very rich individuals, mean probably isn't a good decider.

pigamus

• Sex, death, mayonnaise.
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2020, 11:43:21 PM »
To be fair there are a lot of brown people who are conservatives. They believe in one or many aspects such as; social conservatism, pro-business, 'model minorities' and that even white makes right.

To be fair again though, if it’s naive to think there are any good Tories, doesn’t that include the brown ones?

chveik

• vampires have it easy
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2020, 11:52:07 PM »
And you wonder why more home secretaries don't post here.

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2020, 12:03:05 AM »
get in golan heights

Blinder Data

• Use your library
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2020, 12:05:29 AM »
It is totally possible that Priti Patel is dense enough not to realise that her behaviour is unacceptable. She is one of the thickest Cabinet members out there.

Remember when she got sacked for taking unofficial trips to Israeli government departments and making up UK foreign policy as she went along? Your most basic Civil Service dweeb wouldn't dream of doing anything as crazy as that - they'd have too much sense.

She should be fired obvs but she won't because Boris is a ledge.

sirhenry

• That worked out well...
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2020, 06:35:15 AM »
The Bully Boys accepting a bully [your choice of B-word may vary] into their midst - who would have thought?

Tags: