Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:58:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Priti Patel GONE

Started by BlodwynPig, November 19, 2020, 07:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

No thread on this yet?

Surely she has to go? surely!? again...

jobotic

BlodwynPig

Well that would be a first. Changing the story to "she wasn't aware she was a vicious vindictive bully" wouldn't work in any other job.

jobotic

That's what I read earlier today. Now I'm reading fuck all for a weeks.

GONE for a drink at No 10

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 19, 2020, 07:33:03 PM
Well that would be a first. Changing the story to "she wasn't aware she was a vicious vindictive bully" wouldn't work in any other job.

It's pretty obvious she is vindictive by pretty much everything she does and says. Perhaps someone just needed to tell her!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 19, 2020, 07:39:31 PM
It's pretty obvious she is vindictive by pretty much everything she does and says. Perhaps someone just needed to tell her!

OK, as you were. Continue Ms. Patel, you've been told and that's the matter closed. We're off to chuck Joe "IT goon" Bloggs out because he raised his voice to someone in the canteen.

kalowski

How do you "unintentionally" bully someone?

Mister Six

By being such a cunt that it's pretty much your default state rather than a mindset that you consciously engage in.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Mister Six on November 19, 2020, 07:51:41 PM
By being such a cunt that it's pretty much your default state rather than a mindset that you consciously engage in.

Military Industrial Complex

PlanktonSideburns

worked in some warehouses where that might fly- maybe thats more her level, unloading shipping containers

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Sir Keir Starmer, should Priti Patel resign from the cabinet or be sacked?

Sir Keir Starmer: "It wouldn't be appropriate at this time to comment on the internal disciplinary procedures of an entirely different political party"

greenman

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on November 19, 2020, 08:12:17 PM
worked in some warehouses where that might fly- maybe thats more her level, unloading shipping containers

...of sniper riffles bound for Tel Aviv.

Annie Labuntur

She does bring lots of nice Diwali snacks into the office every year, it wouldn't be fair to let her go.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 19, 2020, 08:21:53 PM
Sir Keir Starmer, should Priti Patel resign from the cabinet or be sacked?

Sir Keir Starmer: "It wouldn't be appropriate at this time to comment on the internal disciplinary procedures of an entirely different political party I can't decide whether to piss or come"

Uncle TechTip

Whatever happens, she'll look like she had the last laugh.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

JaDanketies

I feel like this is a good place to air my possibly controversial thoughts about Priti Patel.

When Diane Abbott's appointment was called tokenism, I thought it was nakedly racist. Abbott has done her time since she was a young woman and while she's been known to put her foot in her mouth on more than one occasion, I think shes held to unreasonable standards and covert racism is a factor in this.  Also I believe she believes in what she's saying.

But when I see Priti Patel on the telly, advocating for racist policies on behalf of a racist party, it's hard to avoid thinking that they have wheeled her out to ward off attacks on the Tories for being nakedly racist. "We can't be racist, look at Ms Patel agreeing with us."

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Patel and Sunak are there to do that, yes.

Sebastian Cobb

"acting like bouncers to clubs they'll never fully be a part of".

What's baffling is Patel's upbringing seems relatively modest, must just be evil. Sunak's less born into money than I thought he was as well really.

Urinal Cake

Upward mobility does that to you.

pigamus

If I were an ambitious brown person born without a conscience I'd be doing exactly the same thing. You're an immensely valuable weapon to the Tory party in the culture wars, you've got it made.

Sebastian Cobb

lol, not sure anyone cared what the dog fancier thought but it's nice he's there to remind us all what a weapon he is.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: pigamus on November 19, 2020, 11:16:27 PM
If I were an ambitious brown person born without a conscience I'd be doing exactly the same thing. You're an immensely valuable weapon to the Tory party in the culture wars, you've got it made.
To be fair there are a lot of brown people who are conservatives. They believe in one or many aspects such as; social conservatism, pro-business, 'model minorities' and that even white makes right.

Butchers Blind

Sebastian Cobb

I'm not sure 'brown' is a useful metric, bit of an umbrella given Bitish-Indians do very well and others, not so much.

There are definitely some quite poor Asian Labour voters who are extremely loyal and getting fuck all back.

These numbers are almost certainly skewed by some very rich individuals, mean probably isn't a good decider.

pigamus

Quote from: Urinal Cake on November 19, 2020, 11:23:58 PM
To be fair there are a lot of brown people who are conservatives. They believe in one or many aspects such as; social conservatism, pro-business, 'model minorities' and that even white makes right.

To be fair again though, if it's naive to think there are any good Tories, doesn't that include the brown ones?

chveik

Blinder Data

It is totally possible that Priti Patel is dense enough not to realise that her behaviour is unacceptable. She is one of the thickest Cabinet members out there.

Remember when she got sacked for taking unofficial trips to Israeli government departments and making up UK foreign policy as she went along? Your most basic Civil Service dweeb wouldn't dream of doing anything as crazy as that - they'd have too much sense.

She should be fired obvs but she won't because Boris is a ledge.

sirhenry

The Bully Boys accepting a bully [your choice of B-word may vary] into their midst - who would have thought?