Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:46:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Buying a lot of something for a very cheap price indeed

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, November 20, 2020, 12:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

While at home bargains trawling for misery tat I noticed in the edible wares section they sell bulbes de ail, a whole kibble feeder's worth of the fuckers, strung together in some netting for the very cheap price indeed of 59 penny pieces.

As a voracious user of garlic to uproot warts and practice superstitions, finds like this are manna from heaven/retail park.

Do you have very cheap prices indeed to share with us, as we all love a very cheap price indeed, don't we savers?

pancreas

Buelligan

In fairness, you do need to check garlic, firmness and green sproutness, it gets old and when it does it's not worth 59p. 

I bought a lovely art deco wall mirror, for 2€ at Emmaus once.  Also recently, four pots of chrysanthemums, large healthy and full of flowers for 1€.  Here, those flowers are exclusively for dead people and no one wants them the day after 1 November or ever, in their house or much in their garden.  They are still flowering like bastards and very beautiful, so I won.  And I'm not even fucking dead at the time of writing.

Icehaven

I only recently discovered how cheap mozzarella cheese can be. I got a perfectly decent big ol' ball of it from Asda for about 60p

Sebastian Cobb

Bought a gallon of handwash to cut down on cost and plastic waste. It's that pink stuff that offices and shopping centres have that smells of weird perfume.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Buelligan

Glebe

I've got a job lot of crispbreads if anyone is interested. £50, the lot.

Quote from: Buelligan on November 20, 2020, 12:24:12 PM
I'm not even fucking dead at the time of writing.
What if you are? You might be one of those ghost writers we're always hearing about.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: icehaven on November 20, 2020, 12:27:47 PM
I only recently discovered how cheap mozzarella cheese can be. I got a perfectly decent big ol' ball of it from Asda for about 60p

Robbed mate. 45p at Morrisons.

Although this isn't the good stuff, is it? It's for basically some pleasant stringy fibrous texture.

Also these are just regular sized balls of cheese are they not? Unless the ball was at least capable of knocking down bowling pins it has no place in this thread.

Sebastian Cobb

I bought a load of AMS1117 buck modules for quite cheap on aliexpress.

Buelligan

Quote from: Glebe on November 20, 2020, 12:38:23 PM
I've got a job lot of crispbreads if anyone is interested. £50, the lot.

What's the tonnage?  Interested but only if that includes delivery.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 20, 2020, 12:42:08 PM

Although this isn't the good stuff, is it? It's for basically some pleasant stringy fibrous texture.

Also these are just regular sized balls of cheese are they not? Unless the ball was at least capable of knocking down bowling pins it has no place in this thread.
maybe he only knows those posh little balls you get on volauvents and stuff.

Icehaven

Mr. Haven uses "Iconique" aftershave spray from Poundland as a clothes freshener and it's surprisingly really nice. I thought it was something his Mum had bought him as a gift and was fair bowled over when I learned where he'd got it from.

EDIT: It's been brought to my attention that the thread's actually about buying large quantities of something for little money, not just general bargains, so I dunno, if you spent as much as more expensive aftershaves cost, say 30 quid or something, you'd have 30 bottles of this so you could do that.

Neville Chamberlain

Still haven't got over finding The Fall's Extricate for 49p in a bargain bin in Nottingham in 1994. Mind you, once I actually listened to the album, I was furious at having been overcharged about 37p.

Icehaven

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 20, 2020, 12:42:08 PM

There was enough for two massive pizzas and still a bit left over so it was quite a lot. I don't know how big balls of mozzarella can get though, I thought they were all roughly the same slightly bollock-esque size.
I think I may have misread the thread title, I thought it was just about bargains. I'd better amend my other post about cheap cologne. 

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Please if we can adhere to whopping great volumes, thanks x

poo

poo

Dex Sawash

I bought a web of 100 interlinked garden hose sealing washers ca.1996 for $1. Might not seem like a bargain but these are the sort of things the bastards at the big box stores sell for $2 each knowing you aren't going to fuck off to another store to find cheaper.
I have about 85 remaining but there's probably a few broken off the web down in the bottom of my big bin of plumbing supplies. Can afford to be profligate with them and occasionally do a prophylactic replacement of my hose end rubbers to ward off any drips before they begin.

Need to make sure these aren't wasted when I'm gone (dead).

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Dex Sawash

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: icehaven on November 20, 2020, 12:49:01 PM
Mr. Haven uses "Iconique" aftershave spray from Poundland as a clothes freshener and it's surprisingly really nice. I thought it was something his Mum had bought him as a gift and was fair bowled over when I learned where he'd got it from.

Is this common practice? I usually wash clothes if I reckon they need freshening or if they've only been worn very briefly hang them in fresh air.

Neville Chamberlain

Yes, spraying your clothes with aftershave instead of actually washing them seems rather Bottom-esque.

Icehaven

I'm now informed it's not actually aftershave, it's "spray" or something, which makes more sense as aftershave costing a quid would probably strip the flesh off your face. Anyway he reckons it just makes them smell a bit nicer than Persil and freshens jeans up between washings. Call me sloppy but I don't think jeans need washing after every wear (depending on what you were doing in them or have got on/through them obviously.)

Sebastian Cobb

I tend to get my jeans mucky before they stink. Although I do know someone who had an aversion to washing jeans and stuck them in the freezer to de-stink them.

Bought 26 of Tesco's "finest" melt in the middle fish cakes for less than a tenner from their whoops aisle last week. Freezer absolutely rammed now.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Last time I was in Spain they were selling this hot sauce in the supermarket for one euro that was better than some of the stuff over here that you'd pay big quids for, so I brought 20 bottles of it back. Salsa Picante Louisiana from Mercadona. Get on it.