Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:40:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Buying a lot of something for a very cheap price indeed

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, November 20, 2020, 12:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Buelligan on November 20, 2020, 03:33:51 PM
So much for your "green" credentials.

I didn't realise garden hose washers were such a touchy subject.

JaDanketies

I got 12 cans of some Irish lager for less than a tenner in Tesco the other day. Two cans smashed open when I put them in the car, getting stinky booze smell everywhere and ruining any illusion of me getting a bargain.

Blumf

Visited a friend who was having water supply issues, so I stopped off at the supermarket and bought a load of cheapest own-brand bottled water, something crazy like 9p for 5L, so a couple of quid filled the boot. Really satisfying, just getting so much mass/volume for so little.

Blumf

Quote from: JaDanketies on November 20, 2020, 04:48:03 PM
Two cans smashed open when I put them in the car, getting stinky booze smell everywhere and ruining any illusion of me getting a bargain.

Sorry, but I really want you to get pulled over by plod.

"Waash sheems to be the prroblem offissher?"

<breathalyser tests 0.0>

Inspector Norse

Bought a bag of rice for £2 and there was loads in there, must have been about 1000 of them.

Cuellar

I don't think I've ever bought anything that I didn't immediately regret 100%

Cuellar

Jasha

Last Christmas eve or new years eve Morrisons had packs of bacon reduced to 30p, literally hundreds and hundreds of them. Bought a tenners worth and filled a freezer drawer.

Icehaven

A few post-Christmases ago my local Tesco Metro was selling off entire rounds of brie for about 50p each. I wasn't sure if you could freeze it so I only bought 2 but it still took me about 3 weeks to eat them and they were fine, no discernible mould even a fortnight after the use by date.

Sebastian Cobb

Bought a 25kg sack of dextrose for £20 which isn't cheap, but is if you consider the kilo size boxes go for over £3.

Matey from parcelforce looked like he wanted to kill me, mind, I live 4 floors up and the lift is fucked.

Buelligan

I've never bought any dextrose in my life, so that probably amounts to at least 25kg.  Maybe more for a whole lifetime supply.  For which I paid nothing.  I win again.  Wahooo.

JamesTC

sirhenry

About 100 baccy tins filled with screws, nuts, bolts, springs, allen keys, drill bits, zip ties, earthing connectors, pipe brackets and the likes, all neatly labelled. The life (and presumably death) of a handyman in one surprisingly heavy cardboard box.

In exchange for a bottle of mead.

I love barter.

Buelligan

Quote from: JamesTC on November 20, 2020, 08:22:49 PM
200 disposable nipple guards.

You can to be lucky 100 times. They only have to be lucky once.

Sebastian Cobb

Actually I do have something for this, because I've not got a haircut since march I got a load of elastic hair bobbles for £3 so I can pony-tail my hair to keep it out my eyes when I'm doing manual labour or spod work that involves looking down a bit.

Blumf

itsfredtitmus

Bought a load of trays of cherry coke from the corner shop

holyzombiejesus

Oh man, wait til I get chance to upload a photo of the tiny bulbs I bought for our bathroom light. I am going to OWN this thread.

popcorn

When I was living in the Japanese supermarket I went to some kind of massive wholesaler place and ended up buying a gigantic fuck-off pack of beer snacks. It was these but in like a massive sack:

I don't know what compelled me to do it. I just thought it would be a nice thing to have a year's supply of. I put the sack in the corner of my little one-room flat and would routinely just grab handfuls. It stayed nice and edible for several months but eventually I got so sick of the stuff. I don't think I actually finished it but I can't remember what I did with it. Just tipped it into the bin?

Boring story. Post.

JamesTC

Quote from: Buelligan on November 20, 2020, 08:43:54 PM
You can to be lucky 100 times. They only have to be lucky once.

At least you instantly realised they were 100 pairs. I was slightly disappointed when they arrived. Still better value than the name brand nipple guards.

Mobbd

Packet of 9 crumpets from Tesco is 37p at the mo. Could almost make you love capitalism, that.

JaDanketies

Quote from: Mobbd on November 22, 2020, 02:52:54 PM
Packet of 9 crumpets from Tesco is 37p at the mo. Could almost make you love capitalism, that.

I live near a Jewish area and after Passover, the local supermarkets sell their surplus of Matzo crackers for pennies a box. They're lovely with a bit of marg and cheese and olives. I feel like its sacrilege if I ever feed them to birds and squirrels though. I used to work near a Lidl that sold pumpkins for about 5p after Halloween finished, but there are only so many pumpkins you can eat before they start rotting.

idunnosomename

I bought a box of tiny sugar beads of varying colours used for decorating cakes and desserts.

loads of them in it there were. (i couldnt eat a whole one!)

BlodwynPig

Quote from: icehaven on November 20, 2020, 12:27:47 PM
I only recently discovered how cheap mozzarella cheese can be. I got a perfectly decent big ol' ball of it from Asda for about 60p

Not Mozzarella though, is it? It's congealed gnats pus masquerading as mozzarella (Mozzierella more like!)

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: Mobbd on November 22, 2020, 02:52:54 PM
tesco express will have it at 4 quid i bet

fanny and fuckign WILLY

Marner and Me

Quote from: JaDanketies on November 22, 2020, 03:35:39 PM
I live near a Jewish area and after Passover, the local supermarkets sell their surplus of Matzo crackers for pennies a box. They're lovely with a bit of marg and cheese and olives. I feel like its sacrilege if I ever feed them to birds and squirrels though. I used to work near a Lidl that sold pumpkins for about 5p after Halloween finished, but there are only so many pumpkins you can eat before they start rotting.
It should give you an enormous sense of well being