Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:42:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cooking questions

Started by bgmnts, November 20, 2020, 06:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jittlebags

I'd not discovered the chopped, cooked corriander stalks thing until quite recently. They definitely add to a curry.

king_tubby

Yeah, I've been sticking them in the base onion/garlic/chilli/ginger blend. A revelation.

Twit 2

Now go further: coriander root.

OUT OF YOUR WOMB[nb]Getting hold of coriander root is an arse, so stalks fine, of course.[/nb]

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Another recommendation here for coriander stalks and crushed coriander seeds that both add 'treble' and take your curry closer to BIR and further away from PKB

Sebastian Cobb

I've always chopped and blended corriander whole but will go leaves only for stuff like mint.

Twit 2

I like coriander but I couldn't eat a whole one.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 28, 2020, 08:53:44 PM
I've heard from my - admittedly not super-discerning partner - that vegan Baileys is arite
The almond milk stuff is fucking terrible. Almond and whisky? That's nightmare cocktail hour.

Buelligan

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on November 28, 2020, 07:45:22 PM
Yep, I do this too. I buy the big fuck-off bunches, wash them and separate all the thick stalks from the leaves and thinner stems. I add the chopped thick stalks to the initial fry of the onions, garlic, ginger, whole spices etc. and freeze what's left - normally enough for another two or three curries.

You can also do this with freshly hung drug buds.  Stops them degenerating I believe.  Never tried them in curry though.  Could be a winner.

Hand Solo

I made beetroot risotto, bit of oregano and sprinkle some good quality cheese on top, amazing.

Don't even like beetroot.