Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:17:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bent Back

Started by BlodwynPig, November 20, 2020, 06:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Millennial downtempo favourites Bent have a new mini-album out and its a classic. While some artists fail to deliver after a....14 year absence, these guys transport us back to the halcyon days of the early noughties when all was right with the post-honeymoon Blairite world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghadfwq94ug

Brundle-Fly

Excellent news! I loved Programmed To Love. Thanks for the tip-off. 

Although I must say, I am very surprised this sort of melodic mellow EZ-listening fayre would be up your sty, Pig. 

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on November 20, 2020, 07:28:31 PM
Excellent news! I loved Programmed To Love. Thanks for the tip-off. 

Although I must say, I am very surprised this sort of melodic mellow EZ-listening fayre would be up your sty, Pig.

Oh, I have varied tastes. I know what I like in my VAST wardrobe. Bent yes, Lemon Jelly no.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 20, 2020, 07:47:43 PM
Oh, I have varied tastes. I know what I like in my VAST wardrobe. Bent yes, Lemon Jelly no.

I, Monster?

rue the polywhirl

Been looking forward to this. A midge disappointed to find out it's more of a mini album. These guys are honestly so overlooked. I always tell my friends to get Bent!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on November 20, 2020, 08:13:02 PM
I, Monster?

Surprised that I liked the one track I heard on a compilation

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 20, 2020, 08:51:11 PM
Surprised that I liked the one track I heard on a compilation

I thought you'd like them because they're completely marinaded in '70's progressive rock. (and early 90s Warp stuff)

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on November 20, 2020, 09:15:49 PM
I thought you'd like them because they're completely marinaded in '70's progressive rock. (and early 90s Warp stuff)

just searched my iTunes and the only track I have is The La La Song from The Trip 2 (Tom Middleton compilation)...a bit twee, so it must be on a physical compilation I have.

Brundle-Fly

Investigate?

1999 debut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr4fSYI278E&list=PLH1JGOJgZ2u3iETC65RWBBEz9Roj5MZZk

One half, Jarrod Gosling, the man behind Regal Worm & Cobalt Chapel. Very proggy.

Chedney Honks

https://youtu.be/SXnIJQAF8Bg

Good Bloke - unreleased track I got off a Muzik mag cover CD. One of the greatest pieces of that whole era for me. It used to make me want to cry but now it makes me happy.

rue the polywhirl

Got one word for this album. "Spent".

Not a whole lot going on with this record. I think I liked the last track and that was about it.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on December 02, 2020, 05:50:30 PM
Got one word for this album. "Spent".

Not a whole lot going on with this record. I think I liked the last track and that was about it.

I noted in another forum you said "LOL NO onli music I listen too is Oassis"

pathetic post.

off my Christmas card list.

rue the polywhirl

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 02, 2020, 07:37:05 PM
I noted in another forum you said "THE onli music I listen too is Oassis"

pathetic post.

off my Christmas card list.

That is honestly not true. I sometimes on odd occasions dig out the High Flying Birds.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on December 02, 2020, 07:53:25 PM
That is honestly not true. I sometimes on odd occasions dig out the High Flying Birds.

Back on Easter card list